• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The Legend of Nayuta Boundless Trails |ST| All Adventurers Welcome!

Lore thoughts

It would make a lot of sense for the continent of Zeumeria to be the chunk of Earth that was "destroyed" during the Mythos backstory. We know Zeumeria is slowly dying, and if the grandmaster is a member of Mythos it would explain how she's been around for so long and how she's been able to convince people to join her side. Perhaps the GM used some kind of Mythos tech to teleport away the land of Zeumeria and keep it in some kind of alternate reality suspended animation, hence why no one is able to leave (there is nothing beyond the edge of the world). Would also explain why Ouroboros has all their plans, maybe the sept terrions are the anchors that keep the world chained, and with the gas holding Zeumeria together running out, it's time for them to die so that this land can return to Earth with Re-Genesis having been completed. The GM could be the mother of Cynga and Creha hence the similar appearance, or an ai like Noi designed to watch over the land.

Really the only thing that hurts this theory is that there's never any dialogue in Nayuta that links the ancient Mythos tech to Orbal gear, and the design of the things we see doesn't feel powered by Orbal energy when compared to the tons of ancient tech we see in Zeumeria. Zeumeria itself also seems to have too much history for it to have only existed in the pocket space for 500 years, though I suppose time in the pocket dimension could travel faster then it does on Earth.
More lore talk through Cold Steel IV:

Yeah there’s so many areas where it can all fit cleanly and then just a few small, but important details where it doesn’t. You obviously could handwave away some stuff with some of the details weren’t 100% locked in or fill in some details yourself (I fully agree on time likely flowing differently), but by Azure especially if they hadn’t sooner I feel like they had most of the big picture ideas for the series fully imagined.

Walking into this game, I knew exploring “the end of the world” was a part of this game so walking in my guess was that it would explain the barrier in Zemuria. Maybe there’s more that points to it in this final chapter I’m in, but I also thought walking in it might explain if the Herschels crossed over it at some point. If they didn’t die at where the planet falls apart, maybe the parents crossed over and lost their memories? Or maybe Towa and stargazing is just a fun nod I don’t know.

Experiencing this series out of order for the entirety of it always makes some of these predictions so hard as my knowledge always has to get updated and then fully sorted properly and I probably forget some smaller details in the process haha. So glad with Daybreak onwards we’ll truly have it all now.

More lore talk through Cold Steel IV:

Yeah there’s so many areas where it can all fit cleanly and then just a few small, but important details where it doesn’t. You obviously could handwave away some stuff with some of the details weren’t 100% locked in or fill in some details yourself (I fully agree on time likely flowing differently), but by Azure especially if they hadn’t sooner I feel like they had most of the big picture ideas for the series fully imagined.

Walking into this game, I knew exploring “the end of the world” was a part of this game so walking in my guess was that it would explain the barrier in Zemuria. Maybe there’s more that points to it in this final chapter I’m in, but I also thought walking in it might explain if the Herschels crossed over it at some point. If they didn’t die at where the planet falls apart, maybe the parents crossed over and lost their memories? Or maybe Towa and stargazing is just a fun nod I don’t know.

Experiencing this series out of order for the entirety of it always makes some of these predictions so hard as my knowledge always has to get updated and then fully sorted properly and I probably forget some smaller details in the process haha. So glad with Daybreak onwards we’ll truly have it all now.
I have a real theory and a meme theory

It's probably just a small continuity nod. Some of the Herschels were in the piece of land that became Zeumeria, and others escaped the fighting and ended up on remnant isle.

There is a split timeline depending upon who Nayuta marries after the events of this game. When Nayuta marries Lyra, the two of them and their son travel to explore this new land, and get sucked into the continent of Zeumeria, which is how the Towa we know eventually is able to be born. When Nayuta marries Creha, the two of them and their daughter do the same trip, but due to Creha's powers they end up going to another dimension, the Tokyo Xanadu dimension. Their daughter marries into the Kokonoe family which is how Towa exists there. When Nayuta marries Cynga, the two of them do the same trip, but due to Cynga's powers, they get teleported to the world of Ys and adopt an orphan named Adol.

It's all connected! The trails ate boundless because they connect to everything Falc has ever made!!!!!

I have a real theory and a meme theory

It's probably just a small continuity nod. Some of the Herschels were in the piece of land that became Zeumeria, and others escaped the fighting and ended up on remnant isle.

There is a split timeline depending upon who Nayuta marries after the events of this game. When Nayuta marries Lyra, the two of them and their son travel to explore this new land, and get sucked into the continent of Zeumeria, which is how the Towa we know eventually is able to be born. When Nayuta marries Creha, the two of them and their daughter do the same trip, but due to Creha's powers they end up going to another dimension, the Tokyo Xanadu dimension. Their daughter marries into the Kokonoe family which is how Towa exists there. When Nayuta marries Cynga, the two of them do the same trip, but due to Cynga's powers, they get teleported to the world of Ys and adopt an orphan named Adol.

It's all connected! The trails ate boundless because they connect to everything Falc has ever made!!!!!
I like real theory and I adore meme theory :)

I’m fully done with the post game now and do not have interest in doing New Game+ even for a batch of 12 more remix stages so I’m done with Nayuta. Overall, I had a good time with the game. The graphics are charming with a pleasant, cartoony anime sheen over environments that otherwise evoke the first five Trails games. The character models fondly reminded me of MegaMan Legends while still being their own thing. Altogether, it fits well with the more fantastic and lighthearted vibe of the outset of the adventure.

The combat is definitely the best part of the game. It’s very breezy like an Ys game though a bit rougher around the edges sometimes in exciting ways, like the attack, movement, and magic options, though in some slightly annoying ways like certain attacks you can get hit by when some dramatic elevation distances are in play. While I largely just stuck to the same spells throughout, I did like the flexibility they gave me to approach situations as I wanted to and the super attacks were very satisfyingly powerful. Bosses are very much a highlight throughout. None of them break the mold, but they are all engaging and most of them have multiple phases to keep you on your toes. The fourth main boss and the second to very last boss were my favorites.

The structure and by extension length was definitely my least favorite part of the game with the focus on rerunning short stages and remixed stages (the main twelve have four variations), though that was on me to an extent as I went for a 100% normal playthrough. If I wanted a playthrough with less filler, the game is readily flexible enough to accommodate that with certain systems like cooking being available to speed up the process. My favorite surprise in the game was definitely the Animal Crossing museum as it is such a fun thing to build up over the course of your adventure. Finally, on the lore front, while virtually being a standalone adventure I did appreciate it presents some fun big picture lore ideas that are fun to think about.

I’m fully done with the post game now and do not have interest in doing New Game+ even for a batch of 12 more remix stages so I’m done with Nayuta. Overall, I had a good time with the game. The graphics are charming with a pleasant, cartoony anime sheen over environments that otherwise evoke the first five Trails games. The character models fondly reminded me of MegaMan Legends while still being their own thing. Altogether, it fits well with the more fantastic and lighthearted vibe of the outset of the adventure.

The combat is definitely the best part of the game. It’s very breezy like an Ys game though a bit rougher around the edges sometimes in exciting ways, like the attack, movement, and magic options, though in some slightly annoying ways like certain attacks you can get hit by when some dramatic elevation distances are in play. While I largely just stuck to the same spells throughout, I did like the flexibility they gave me to approach situations as I wanted to and the super attacks were very satisfyingly powerful. Bosses are very much a highlight throughout. None of them break the mold, but they are all engaging and most of them have multiple phases to keep you on your toes. The fourth main boss and the second to very last boss were my favorites.

The structure and by extension length was definitely my least favorite part of the game with the focus on rerunning short stages and remixed stages (the main twelve have four variations), though that was on me to an extent as I went for a 100% normal playthrough. If I wanted a playthrough with less filler, the game is readily flexible enough to accommodate that with certain systems like cooking being available to speed up the process. My favorite surprise in the game was definitely the Animal Crossing museum as it is such a fun thing to build up over the course of your adventure. Finally, on the lore front, while virtually being a standalone adventure I did appreciate it presents some fun big picture lore ideas that are fun to think about.
Fwiw there is a bit more in ng+ besides the final version of the 12 main stages

The new npcs who showed up in extra show up earlier in the game with more sidequests and lore content to see apparently. The Astralobe on top of unlocking the 4th version of each stage can be used to buy other game modifiers like increased level/spell cap, enemy level scaling, and infinite use of special abilities. There are also some new super hard optional fights to get the Zeumeria Ore shards.

I've also not bothered to do this and got the info from the gamefaqs guide, but I thought it would be worth being aware of you'd get more out of ng+ outside of 1 last stage variant.

Fwiw there is a bit more in ng+ besides the final version of the 12 main stages

The new npcs who showed up in extra show up earlier in the game with more sidequests and lore content to see apparently. The Astralobe on top of unlocking the 4th version of each stage can be used to buy other game modifiers like increased level/spell cap, enemy level scaling, and infinite use of special abilities. There are also some new super hard optional fights to get the Zeumeria Ore shards.

I've also not bothered to do this and got the info from the gamefaqs guide, but I thought it would be worth being aware of you'd get more out of ng+ outside of 1 last stage variant.
Appreciate you sharing all of this info! Now I’m a bit torn haha. I thought some of the NPC stuff was weird like one character you never see the face of to the extent I was planning to have one more post here today asking if anyone encountered a character named Bell as that was a big loose end for me. I think I might start a New Game+ then and play through chapter 1 to see what it’s like and then decide if I want to commit or not.

Finally got around to starting this over the weekend and beat chapter 1 yesterday
It's a pretty cool concept blending action stages with a more traditional rpg style hub world that borrows the quest system from mainline Trails. It's been a nice change of pace after playing so much Trails.
The only thing that has fallen a bit flat for me so far is the combat. It feels a little bit basic but maybe that will change once I unlock more skills and arts

After BassForever’s post that I saw earlier today, I decided I’d at least want to get a sense of New Game+. I basically just set up the save file today by clearing the prologue and first level so I haven’t encountered any new content at all just yet.

Mainly wanted to post just now to say when I rolled credits I was like “oh snap there’s some voiced character I never met named Bell in the credits is this some major lore connection I missed??” and it turns out it is just the fisherman’s daughter who was there the whole time and I just hadn’t paid attention to her name lol.

Also one other amusing thing there’s a line in the prologue that’s roughly “Master Orbus saw how unprepared we are for the dangers ahead” that becomes very funny in New Game+ when you are kitted out in post game gear lol.

Back
Top Bottom