• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak (Kuro no Kiseki) announced for Switch/PS4/5/Steam, coming summer 2024

What do you mean? This is not CLE. This is internal at Falcom going by the website. No mention of CLE at all last I checked.

Also Nayuta was Falcom's port in Japan and in the West. Azure/Zero JP were the Western ones released in Japan.
Hmm... Kuro no Kiseki's steam port was handled by Clouded Leopard, thought it is the same case with Switch version. But you're right no mention of CL in the website. NISA might use this version after all.

Hmm... Kuro no Kiseki's steam port was handled by Clouded Leopard, thought it is the same case with Switch version. But you're right no mention of CL in the website. NISA might use this version after all.

So there are 2 ports on PC. One is CLE and one is NISA (done by PH3). NISA always localizes what Falcom has ready on console for the West, and it is most certainly going to be this one (obviously after updates leading into 2024) for Switch. The PS4 and PS5 version will be the older ones. Absolutely not going to waste time on this version if it runs like this in the final build. I triple dipped on Reverie but I might just go PS5 and PC for Daybreak. Don't think I'd even be able to play 1 hour of this in handheld.

I just saw a very minor dip in Town, but even there the performance is like night and day with previous modern falcom games ( My last point of reference is Ys 9)
Ys 9 was, rumor has it, not well optimized anywhere. Even the pc code had oddities. But looking at the demo, it seems on par with Reverie, with better character models cause of the new engine.

Also tomorrow its Falcom investor meeting, so tomorrow (morning?) we will probably know whats next. Kuro 3 seems to be the leading candidate, and maybe the other project they mentioned.

Ys 9 was, rumor has it, not well optimized anywhere. Even the pc code had oddities. But looking at the demo, it seems on par with Reverie, with better character models cause of the new engine.

Also tomorrow its Falcom investor meeting, so tomorrow (morning?) we will probably know whats next. Kuro 3 seems to be the leading candidate, and maybe the other project they mentioned.
Yeah, was surprised at the level of detail of the characters

I'm really curious what the other project is... if I recall correctly they said they have a new Kiseki and 2 Switch games (one of which is this port) - it's safe to assume they're talking about Kuro 3, and I don't think that would be the second Switch game since they have to port 2 first, but I also am not expecting that port to be it either.

I totally forgot the investor meeting is today/tomorrow. Looking forward to that!

We'll obviously get Kuro 3 news but I'm also praying for a new Xanadu game.

I'm really curious what the other project is... if I recall correctly they said they have a new Kiseki and 2 Switch games (one of which is this port) - it's safe to assume they're talking about Kuro 3, and I don't think that would be the second Switch game since they have to port 2 first, but I also am not expecting that port to be it either.
The second switch game points to Kuro 2 (I guess Daybreak 2). I don't know if they will announce Kuro 3 day 1 for switch (maybe). But I am betting that game shows up tomorrow.

As for the other project, they mentioned it wasnt trails or ys, so people jumped and said Xanadu 2 lol. And sure they did just ported to switch with some cheeky art that hinted at something.

The second switch game points to Kuro 2 (I guess Daybreak 2). I don't know if they will announce Kuro 3 day 1 for switch (maybe). But I am betting that game shows up tomorrow.

As for the other project, they mentioned it wasnt trails or ys, so people jumped and said Xanadu 2 lol. And sure they did just ported to switch with some cheeky art that hinted at something.
That non ys or trails game isn't for this fiscal year though, right? I think the new Trails and the 2 Switch releases is everything for the year.

The reason I don't think it's Kuro/Daybreak 2 is because they won't have 3 on Switch day 1, so would they really spend the year building up an audience for it by porting the first 2 on Switch and then proceed to not release it there? To me it would be more logical to spread out the ports a bit with 1 in Feb, 2 next fall/winter and 3 sometime in 2025.

I totally forgot the investor meeting is today/tomorrow. Looking forward to that!

We'll obviously get Kuro 3 news but I'm also praying for a new Xanadu game.
I hope they continue the "Memorie" line for Ys and reveal some tomorrow. Wouldn't mind having HD versions of Ark of Napishtim and Ys 7 on Switch.

Breaking news from Falcom's investor meeting.

Falcom has announced The Legend of Heroes: Kai no Kiseki – Farewell, O Zemuria, the 20th anniversary title in its Trails RPG series. It will launch for unspecified platforms in 2024 in Japan.

Breaking news from Falcom's investor meeting.

DAY FREAKING 1.

The screenshots alone are making me scream internally! Kuro 2 did kind of feel like a rush job but I hope it was so that Kai no Kiseki could run! I really don't wanna comment on the game (god there's so much to digest just from those screenshots) too much though because I know many in this thread have not played the Kuro games yet.

I do wonder where Van is, as his story was not concluded in Kuro 2 (Oh, he's mentioned, but not by name in the description).

Last edited:
I was gonna make a joke that there are no platforms announce because of the looming switch 2, but they have announce platforms in the past:

a6PJt5a.png

(Credit to Installbase for the pic)

Interesting to hear where it all fits, I havent played Daybreak but I've seen the old man in the trailers lol. Looks great

Nice I'm guessing ys 11 would be 2025 then
Feels more like 2026, if their next project is the non-trails/ys game

They could also do Kai 2 in 2025 of Kai 1 doesn't fully wrap up the Calvard arc.

This seems to be like Kuro 3 and Reverie in one game from what I've read. Seems interesting for the 20th anniversary title.

Yes, good release date for the game. We are catching up in a good pace.
Final limited edition.

1709648168215.png

And all of a sudden, summer is full of releases for me. I do not have enough time for this, SMTVV and Elden Ring DLC.

Trails into Reverie took over my July last year, and it looks like it will be more of the same this year with Daybreak. It's one of my most anticipated releases this year. Very hyped!

Nis is localizing this, Ys X and Reynatis this year. Hope all three make it and turn out well! Exciting times

Back
Top Bottom