• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak (Kuro no Kiseki) announced for Switch/PS4/5/Steam, coming summer 2024

Bokuringo

Like Like
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him

Edit: Limited Edition

1695310715458.png

Last edited:
What do Like A Dragon games and Trails games have in common?

You blink one time and two more games in the series have been announced.

Gives me until summer to get through the rest of Azure and the Cold Steel saga + Reverie
So excited for the Calvard arc!

Nice. Probably won't get to this for a long while, haven't even started Cold Steel yet, but the closer we get to catching up with Japan, the better.

Yes!

I'm on a temporary vacation from my Trails playthrough (Playing them all since January and I'm near the end of Zero) I need to get in gear and continue but it's tough with all the RPGs releasing/upcoming.

Being completely honest, I was hoping the announcement would be Ys X localisation instead of Kuro... I just couldn't really get into the Trails series (tried with Sky 1 and Cold Steel 1) and even if I were to try again there's like a dozen 100 hour games.

Being completely honest, I was hoping the announcement would be Ys X localisation instead of Kuro... I just couldn't really get into the Trails series (tried with Sky 1 and Cold Steel 1) and even if I were to try again there's like a dozen 100 hour games.
There’s no way it’d be Ys X, it’s not even out in Japan yet.

There’s no way it’d be Ys X, it’s not even out in Japan yet.
Clouded Leopard is releasing it simultaneously in Chinese and Korean, so I was thinking maybe they aren't going to wait until the game is out to give NISA the script like they supposedly do for their games. This way maybe they could've prioritised it over Kuro since it's a newer release and had a localisation done in a year or so - but obviously that was just my hopes, Trails is significantly more popular than Ys so it makes sense that they are focusing on that series.

Clouded Leopard is releasing it simultaneously in Chinese and Korean, so I was thinking maybe they aren't going to wait until the game is out to give NISA the script like they supposedly do for their games. This way maybe they could've prioritised it over Kuro since it's a newer release and had a localisation done in a year or so - but obviously that was just my hopes, Trails is significantly more popular than Ys so it makes sense that they are focusing on that series.
Clouded Leopard Entertainment and Falcom have a very close relationship. The founders of CLE were parts of the Chinese localization team of SIE, who helped Falcom back in the day. They know and trust each other. NISA just does not have this history with Falcom.

The fact that they used a lowercase t in though is making me rationally upset.

Missed getting into these games when they were coming out, and now it seems like you need to play like seven of them to catch up, so I fear I’ll never get to play what seems like a wonderful series! I appreciate them going so bold with the scope though, that kind of adherence to the lore and history of a world always impresses me. Not exactly comparable but that sort of construction always makes me think of Faulkner’s Yoknapatawpha County!

Finally saw the trailer today, darn that looks rad! Need to scoop up an LE shortly. I’m certainly sad to leave the classic battle system behind, but I’m really excited to try something new as well and I’m super hyped for Calvard after Reverie. Glad we don’t have to wait too long.

Not only is Daybreak one of the best games in the series, it's also the new best entry point. You could very easily just start with this one if you wanted to.

Gives me until summer to get through the rest of Azure and the Cold Steel saga + Reverie
So excited for the Calvard arc!
This is me too. Just thinking about getting through these games has me both excited as well as it is tiring haha! Just wish all the Cold Steel games would get a Switch release so I can play them on the go.

This is me too. Just thinking about getting through these games has me both excited as well as it is tiring haha! Just wish all the Cold Steel games would get a Switch release so I can play them on the go.
Yeah it is a little frustrating that Cold Steel 1+2 aren't on Switch in English. Would've been nice to have everything from Zero onwards portable for me

Missed getting into these games when they were coming out, and now it seems like you need to play like seven of them to catch up, so I fear I’ll never get to play what seems like a wonderful series! I appreciate them going so bold with the scope though, that kind of adherence to the lore and history of a world always impresses me. Not exactly comparable but that sort of construction always makes me think of Faulkner’s Yoknapatawpha County!

this is a relatively reasonable one to start with i believe considering the new region and new characters and all

I often find myself thinking "These Trails games are pretty good RPGs ... i should start playing them one day soon!".

But then my mind flashes images of my fam, my work, my everything that is a reason why i have so little time to play, sinisterly and menancingly laughing and making fun of me.
I will never have the time for all these big RPGs.

Did you play a game in the series? Because I can't think of a lot of series that do world building as well as Trails.
I tried but can't get into it. Started with the PSP game, the fan translated one. Story building wise, I heard it's great but not better than any long running manga. One piece is probably easier to get into than this game.

I have been thinking about this announcement more since it's the weekend. I thought the July spot worked well for Reverie, so I wouldn't mind seeing them repeat that with Daybreak. I wouldn't be mad about playing it earlier, so June would also be good.

I haven't really looked at much gameplay, so it will be interesting to see how much combat changes. I felt like a Trails combat professional by the end of Azure, and I was still really confident in my skills after adjusting to some of the more modern features from Reverie. I hope Daybreak doesn't kick my ass, haha.

Reverie got me feeling positive about the series again after burning out on Cold Steel but it'll be nice to finally have a fully new main cast and location

As someone who's Trails hype has basically been rising like stonks, I'm excited for Daybreak because I'm addicted and I need another fix of Trails.

VA list of the main cast.

Van Arkride@DamienHaas
Agnès Claudel@LeeandLie
Aaron Wei@TheHowardWang
Feri Al-Fayed@hereliesanjali
Risette Twinings@DawnMBennettVA
Quatre Salision@JohnPatneaude
Judith Lanster@brittanyccox
Bergard Zeman@DaveFennoyVO

Elaine Auclair@AboutElizabethM
René Kincaid@whitebathrobe
Shizuna Rem Misurugi@KellyBaskinVO
Mare@TheBlindPsychic
Gerard Dantès@JMarnocha
Melchior@KyleMcCarley
Olympia@KitsuneSqueak
Viola@anairis_q
Ellroy Harwood@faronear

Not them using Renne’s picture instead of René, lol.

Good casting choices, lots of fresh names.

1699407671704.png

It's time for the financial report again. Let's hope for good sales for Ys X and hints for new games.

Hopefully this runs better than Reverie on Switch.

This won't be the version our Daybreak will be based on. Japanese trails games are ported by Clouded Leopard while NISA ports the games in west in their own way.

Could be better than CL's port, could be worse. Reverie was about the same.

This won't be the version our Daybreak will be based on. Japanese trails games are ported by Clouded Leopard while NISA ports the games in west in their own way.

Could be better than CL's port, could be worse. Reverie was about the same.

What do you mean? This is not CLE. This is internal at Falcom going by the website. No mention of CLE at all last I checked.

Also Nayuta was Falcom's port in Japan and in the West. Azure/Zero JP were the Western ones released in Japan.

Back
Top Bottom