• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion The FINAL Super Smash Bros. Ultimate character… so, uh, who will it be?

Who will be the final Super Smash Bros. Ultimate character?

• Crash

• Sora

• Rayman

• Da Chief

• Doom Slayer

• Nahobino

• Cinderace

• Waluigi

• Blue-haired Fire Emblem character

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted other; which is Resident Evil.

I'm betting on long shot with this time for fun. ResidentTekken must wins this time!

euFSeNw.gif

What the hell.

Going to, for the last time, hope for a pretty damn niche/retro throwback character, and place my last bet on Mamu/Wart.

The in-jokes about him hailing from a wholly original title, that got remade into a Mario title, and then later doing a guest stint in a Zelda title (which got remade recently!), write themselves. He was doing crossovers between Nintendo games BEFORE it was en vogue!

Holding out hope for Isaac (Golden Sun) but I don't really expect it anymore tbh. (A franchise revival is very likely though, with all of these older IPs getting Remasters, especially Advance Wars)
Other than that I would be happy about a Tales of Rep. or Phenix Wright. But I would be pretty happy about any other addition too, as long as the character has an interesting moveset.

This is being hyped through the roof. Sakurai gonna come through with a big character. He knows this is the end. End with a bang baby

My main takeaway is that, this time tomorrow, it will all be settled. There will be almost nothing left to speculate on.

Ultimate has been ever-present in speculation for three years now. It's going to be so strange to see it end.

I think it will come full circle.

Ayumi from Famicom Detective Club. a Character who Sahurai wanted for Melee but was not used in the end due to not being known outside Japan. Yes, I know. Fire Emblem, but FDC is even more niche outside of Japan than Fire Emblem ever was.

I feel like it will be very difficult for me to be actively annoyed by the pick, whoever it may be. Smash Ultimate has served us so well.

I definitely think he has a fakeout, troll setup planned.

If we want a totally left field pick, Masaki in Cybuster from Super robot wars or Kaguya(also from SRW)

I think it will come full circle.

Ayumi from Famicom Detective Club. a Character who Sahurai wanted for Melee but was not used in the end due to not being known outside Japan. Yes, I know. Fire Emblem, but FDC is even more niche outside of Japan than Fire Emblem ever was.
She's my most wanted, I really really hope it's her. Been wanting her to be included since I knew about Sakurai considering her for Melee.
And I think she's likely, thanks to the remakes, her chances has never been that high.
But the fact that the remakes weren't even localized in french/german/spanish/italian/etc really give me pause. I think Nintendo would have paid a few extra bucks for more localizations if they knew she was gonna be in Smash.

But still, here's hoping !! Maybe they're working on the european translation and it'll be ready by when she releases in Smash lol

I don’t even care who the character is, I’m just hyped because any smash character is an event. And this is the final smash presentation, I know it will be worth watching

I don’t even care who the character is, I’m just hyped because any smash character is an event. And this is the final smash presentation, I know it will be worth watching
Yeah having Smash presentations with Sakurai is always a pleasure. Never bought any of the characters, but I like to watch him playing a Smash Match with two controllers like as if he is using a keyboard.

I’ve been pretty happy with both fighterpasses honestly, so whoever it is will be very interesting. The only character not being a big deal for me (but I understand why he’s in) is Steve from Minecraft.

Everyone else has been fire.

My spider-sense is telling me Kratos.

Although I had a dream last night it was Bishop from No More Heroes in an Optimus Prime outfit.

I don't normally participate in Smash speculation, but it's the last one, so what the heck!
At first, I took the Sakurai tweets to be nothing but fluff, but if "non-smash players that are interested in games" and "it may be a game you know, it may not be" are actual hints, then Ayumi Tachibana actually has a really good chance, as her games fit those descriptions really well.

If they're not hints, I'm back to having zero ideas who it could be and will continue to assume it's going to be someone who will pull in the biggest audience; either Sora or Master Chief. (Or, I don't know, a Gen 9 Pokemon, I guess...)

Feels weird that this is the last Sakurai presents for the forseeable future. The final fighter for Ultimate.

This isn't news, obviously, but it just now hit me with full force. This game was very important comfort food to me over the last 3 years, and it will continue to be that. But the thought of this being the final addition to what is a very special game (no pun intended) makes me a bit emotional, ngl.

Sad to know this is the end of the road for this era of Smash. The next title will almost assuredly be some kinda reboot since it's the only way they can try and justify the crazy cuts the next Smash will inevitably have.

starting to settle on 2 guesses going along with reading too deeply into the "might not know".

ryu or phoenix wright or ayumi.

my final guesses.

cynical pick is jonesy because sakurai had no idea who he was so he was saying this sarcastically.

Sad to know this is the end of the road for this era of Smash. The next title will almost assuredly be some kinda reboot since it's the only way they can try and justify the crazy cuts the next Smash will inevitably have.
If it’s true they can’t keep all the characters for new games i rather them just port this one in 4k or something with 120 fps, making anything less than this one is going to feel like a step back

Fucking crazy that we live in an era in which so many people think that Ayumi Tachibana is a likely pick for Smash. So good to see.

I want Abraham Lincoln to officially be in Smash. Not just the Mii version of him. Full-on Honest Abe.

Kyle Katarn from Star Wars Jedi Outcast. We don't have a Star Wars rep yet.

Or better yet, Dash Rendar from Shadows of the Empire.

Grats to the 19 people that voted for Sora.

Team Other, maybe some Other time amirite

Back
Top Bottom