• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion The FINAL Super Smash Bros. Ultimate character… so, uh, who will it be?

Who will be the final Super Smash Bros. Ultimate character?

• Crash

• Sora

• Rayman

• Da Chief

• Doom Slayer

• Nahobino

• Cinderace

• Waluigi

• Blue-haired Fire Emblem character

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Maybe Nahobino? Unless I misremember, it had been mentioned early on that the characters in Pack 2 were chosen by Nintendo and not by Sakurai. So closing off big with Nahobino would seem in line with things. Up until now, Fighter Pass 2 has given us one of two things:

1. Fighters that should be in from the get go, but couldn't because of how close their game released to SSBU (Min Min + Pyra/Mythra)

2. Third Party collaborations (Steve, Sephiroth, Kazuya)

So if they go with 2 again, Nahobino is the most likely choice. Though if they go with 1, they will probably pull a Byleth and drop a character from a already released first party game. Maybe a Champion from BoTW? Urbosa?

Why wait till the next Smash? ARMS got a character in Smash and it is far less popular than RFA and the Ring-con is being used by millions of people right now. It makes sense for Nintendo to tap into that market.

Because they kind of fill the same niche of representing the "Fit" series. The natural step is to replace the Wii Fit Trainer with the Ring Fit Girl.

Why wait till the next Smash? ARMS got a character in Smash and it is far less popular than RFA and the Ring-con is being used by millions of people right now. It makes sense for Nintendo to tap into that market.
Ring Fit Trainee already got a Spirit as DLC so I think it's unlikely they would be the last fighter, given that Pass 2 has been planned for almost two years now.

As for who I think the last fighter is, I honestly have no idea. There are characters that "make sense" to me, but not much in this Pass has been predictable.

I’ll be surprised if it’s not a first party character. I’m betting on a Pokémon but hoping for Dixie Kong.

I'm surprised Sakurai decided to end with Phoenix Wright but I don't blame him saving the best for last.

Ring Fit Trainee already got a Spirit as DLC so I think it's unlikely they would be the last fighter, given that Pass 2 has been planned for almost two years now.

But does that disqualify her? With how unpredictable Nintendo is, you never know. Maybe they will make the last fighter a Korok. :LOL:

I think it's probably going to be a first party character. Probably a character that no one was expecting and is a little bit underwhelming. Someone like Zelda from BOTW.

Nah I feel like Ring Fit Girl will replace Wii Fit trainer in the next smash game, but it wouldn't be the kind of character you add as DLC
Just because they're both from fitness games doesn't mean they'd fight similarly. Why would the unique Wii Fit Trainer need replacing at all?

After lurking on smash era all these years, I might as well participate for the last occasion!

My most wanted among 1st parties are Andy + Sammy + Max from Advance Wars, who would work as an "Orange Star trio".

For third parties, it's absolutely Phoenix Wright.

Hoping for Reimu from Touhou, Ayumi Tachibana from Famicom Detective Club, Ryza from Atelier Ryza, and Jill Valentine from Resident Evil (probably not happening unfortunately because of the Spirit Event).

It'll probably be someone very few people guessed though, like always. Ultimate DLC beyond Hero, Banjo and Byleth have been mostly unpredictable. And even then, without all the rumors, Banjo probably wouldn't have been much predicted either.

But does that disqualify her? With how unpredictable Nintendo is, you never know. Maybe they will make the last fighter a Korok. :LOL:
Ring Fit Adventure was an unproven entity when FP2 was finalized, so it would’ve been a coin toss on if it would succeed or not. ARMS had to wait until DLC partially for this reason.

You know the final smash character being a mobile game character(a Japanese one like from Dragalia, Fate, Uma Musume) would be so left field and crazy I wouldn’t care. Plus the internet melt down would be beautiful. As long as it had a cool moveset

Reimu or Saber would be amazing just because Sakurai would talk about those series a lot in depth on the presentation. (and presenting those series to millions at the same time.)

But no matter who it is, as long as the character is fun to play as, I won't complain.

Last edited:
Unless Sakurai has had all the introduction to Nahobino well before now, I think Demi-Fiend is more likely. Most if not all of you have heard me talk about this elsewhere, but Demi-Fiend is the most popular SMT protagonist, and Nocturne HD released in Japan last year, and the west this year.

It absolutely could be Nahobino though.

ddpcsaj-970ec72a-b687-48a0-a57e-c2b2b7f72c7a.gif

Rowlet​

to promote pokemon legacy arceus

Yes, as unexciting as this may be, my guess is either Rowlet or Decidueye.

If it's not Goku(or Masterchief), then they've whiffed it big time.

Quoted by: SiG
Seems to be a lot of noise for Sora despite the rights issues with Disney where they may not allow him, high chance it's a Pokemon and its Cinderace though imo.

I'd like a Resident Evil character as that's like one of the biggest Japanese franchises yet without a character.

I actually dreamt about that a couple weeks ago. In my dream I was watching a direct, it was time for the CG Smash trailer. So at first you saw a boat on a river of blood, I was like whoa this is Charon’s boat, Zagreus is making it to Smash, this is so cool. Then suddenly you randomly had the Star Wolf song playing (???) and then it had a jump cut to some guy fighting sand monsters in a desert, this was clearly the Prince of Persia. I would be very happy with either of those, but sadly they are literal dream picks

So if they want to break the Internet properly with the last ever Smash character, it has to be either Sora or Master Chief. To a lesser extent Geno, since it would finally close the loop as he was teased since Brawl. I guess another Capcom rep would make sense. If it’s a Pokemon, Fire Emblem or any flavor of the month character it would be very disapponting. Waluigi would be lame not only due to him being a huge meme, but also because it would be giving in to those ultra annoying fans

I would actually be happy if the last character was some retro representative to sort of help close the loop on the vast amount of history represented by the current roster. I'd be happy with some "left field" representative like 8-bit Mario, Stanley the Bugman, or even Donkey Kong Jr. I'd probably lose my shit the most with characters like Master Chief, Sora, and Waluigi (Waaaa).

Why is there no option for Reimu?
That's my main bet as of right now.
Would be soooo good, would probably constantly shoot around like crazy lmao
Also the reactions would be SO GOOD in the west. "What the fuck... Who the fuck is that ? I never even saw that character anywhere, what the fuck" lmao
And the music would be sooo good. You just know there would be like 50 tracks like with Terry lol

Fun fact, we know that Nintendo offered to ZUN the opportunity to help him port mainline Touhou games on switch... So Nintendo is interested in the franchise. (And in the Ultimate's DLC, Sakurai said it often enough, it's Nintendo who made the picks with Sakurai only saying if he can make it work or no)

And ZUN said back when Ultimate released that he has changed his opinion on the matter and that now he wants Reimu in Smash. So it could happen !

(Probably won't happen because it can be anyone and it's impossible to predict, but it's one of my dream pick)

If an indie character ever makes it in (well, beyond Steve's initial existence as an indie character before becoming a Microsoft one), the first one has to be Reimu. Touhou is THE legendary indie series that is going on since the 90s.

If it's not Goku(or Masterchief), then they've whiffed it big time.
I still do not understand how Goku is representative of video games as a whole (i.e. his origin is that of from a manga).

If we're talking Akira Toriyama creations, we might as well just get Chrono from Chrono Trigger instead.

On paper Phoenix Wright is a character that "makes sense" to me.

-Basically all notable Capcom franchises have some sort of representation in Smash, except for Ace Attorney.
-All of the Pass 2 characters have been from third parties who already have a character in the game, so I think a new company is less likely.
-Longstanding request since at least the Brawl era and likely had a decent showing on the ballot.
-Is a notable enough character for a final reveal but could be argued to not be a bombastic opener like Steve or Sephiroth as Smash typically frontloads its headliners.
-Ace Attorney had a recent big game on Switch and Capcom has showed interest in pushing the franchise again after a period of dormancy.

If you made me guess I'd say either a first party character or Phoenix Wright. But I really expect to be totally shocked by the final reveal.

If it's a character that gamers may not know, that could be a hint at Goku (a character who first appeared in Manga).

I wouldn't read anything into Sakurai's tweet. There are people who didn't know who Steve or Alex were at the time of their reveal, so a character could be insanely popular and iconic and still be unknown to people on the smash community.

I wouldn't read anything into Sakurai's tweet. There are people who didn't know who Steve or Alex were at the time of their reveal, so a character could be insanely popular and iconic and still be unknown to people on the smash community.
This is where I'm standing as well. Even more than that, the general vibe of that message to me comes off more like "This is the last fighter and I hope you enjoy it no matter wether you know them, or expected them. Enjoy!“

Ayumi Tachibana or Phoenix Wright would make me scream very loudly. The former especially, we could always use more ladies in Smash!

I’m expecting Waluigi or Cinderace though. And boy would that be a bummer.

god this 'celebration of gaming' wording has my head spinning now. no idea what to expect.

and thats AWESOME.
Me too, I know I shoudn't except anything fancy, but I can't stop myself from hoping we get some sort of animated celebration video like with "GOTCHA" for Pokemon.

would be hilarious given the context now and sakurai hyping it up for a 'celebration of gaming', if it was waluigi.

Well if you don’t play Smash and are interested in gaming, we should watch the show. We might not know the character either;

Huh.

Its going to be so far out of left field, right?

Seems this hasn't been posted here yet, boo me if old.

"You may not know the new fighter" huh... Sounds like another Terry situation. An impactful character but not particularly recognizable to the younger gamer generations. Pong? Pitfall Harry? Space Invaders? Maybe not even a video game character? Hanafuda cards?

Pokémon-trainer style character where you swap between Doug Bowser, Phil Spencer, and Jim Ryan.

Reggie makes a special appearance in the final smash.

85hx0Ox.gif

I'm glad that I just made in right in time. 👋

2yQEmPC.gif

I'm excited for final character and I hope that everyone would be happy with the outcome.

Pulling for my girls Reimu and Saber here. Both are iconic doujin characters and that part of the japanese gaming scene is still sorely lacking in Smash

Back
Top Bottom