• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion The FINAL Super Smash Bros. Ultimate character… so, uh, who will it be?

Who will be the final Super Smash Bros. Ultimate character?

• Crash

• Sora

• Rayman

• Da Chief

• Doom Slayer

• Nahobino

• Cinderace

• Waluigi

• Blue-haired Fire Emblem character

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr_No_U

Garbage Galaxy Representative
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
The very last Mr. Sakurai Presents for SSBU is happening next week on October 5th. This is it, fami. The big finale.

Yeah.

With that in mind, who do you think it will be? Should we expect a Banjo-sized surprise or a blue-haired anime swordsman whimper? Will Waluigi finally get his chance to shine or will Master Chief finish the fight?

You tell us!

US stream

Europe (Nintendo UK) stream

Last edited:
It's other

By the laws of nature, no matter how many options are in the poll, it will be other

No idea on specifically who it is, but I have two theories.

1) The length of time since Kazuya's release to the final character's release will be around 3 + 1/2 months. This makes me think the character will bring unique gameplay mechanics which necessitated a longer development time. This typically happens when a new series is added to Smash like ARMS or Minecraft.

2) The marketing strategy here of debuting the new fighter trailer during a Sakurai Presents was used for both Byleth and Min Min in the past, who are Nintendo characters.

So my hunch is that it's a new 1st party Nintendo IP. Picking something that's available on the Switch also makes sense.

i just want it to be a 1st party character.
Mostly agreed, with one exception.

Or should I say… Objection?

phoenix-wright.jpg

Honestly I picked other but I have no idea who it's gonna be. I just know it won't be anyone people are guessing or assuming.

In my mind, there's two options.

1. With this being the final DLC fighter for SSBU, Sakurai wants to go all in. Knowing he can not possibly please everyone, but at the same time desperately wanting to do just that, he has a stroke of genius. Monkey Ball is revealed as the final addition to the roster. But what is that — the ball is empty?!? Why, of course. Sakurai casually explains how Sega putting everyone and their mother inside the Monkey Ball for Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania has convinced him we as an audience can do the same. Sakurai then encourages us to just imagine our most wanted fighter is inside that Monkey Ball, and with one last bow, the camera fades to black.
  2. I've got nothing. This is literally the only option, deal with it.

Much as I want Master Chief in Smash, it's realistically only for the music.

MC as a Mii Fighter and gets the Halo fanfare as a bonus track like Sans Undertale, that's money to me

Master Chief would be amazing. He's the character i want more than any other, so it's probably not going to happen

The last fighter will be Sakurai himself, and then he's gonna retire after the fighter releases.

Personally I hope it is Scorpion/Sub-Zero as that would be the most bad-ass. Master Chief would be pretty cool though.

If it is a first party character, make it Dixie Kong!

Personally I hope it is Scorpion/Sub-Zero as that would be the most bad-ass. Master Chief would be pretty cool though.

If it is a first party character, make it Dixie Kong!
Dixie would be dope!

I really really hope it’s Master Hand. Would be full circle to have the last character in Ultimate to be one of the few original characters from the franchise and the boss of the first game!

I voted Cinderace, but could see any Gen 9 Pokemon making it in.

I doubt it's a major S tier third party character, otherwise it would have probably been revealed in the Direct last week.

I went with “other,” since the Smash community (myself included) is almost never correct with our character speculations (not counting leaks). It’ll likely be someone we didn’t really expect, but later reflect back on and say “yeah, that makes sense.”

Like Callie & Marie

I voted Cinderace, but could see any Gen 9 Pokemon making it in.

I doubt it's a major S tier third party character, otherwise it would have probably been revealed in the Direct last week.
To play devil's advocate here, technically a major third party might've been viewed as too significant for a Direct, in that it would've overshadowed other announcements.

I mean, they announced Pyra/Mythra in a Direct, they're not exactly going to hold back on announcements there because they're too small. No offense to Pyra/Mythra, they're probably my personal most hype announcement in the entire DLC, but Xenoblade doesn't exactly set the charts on fire.

It will be either the Nahobino or a random Nintendo character which has cool games but not recent release in more than 10 or 15 years.

my heart says the Chief's time has come but my brain says probably noone on this list

just for the sake of seeing the world burn, I want it to be The Prince from Dragalia Lost

1st Party
Anime Swordman

I don't know who it is, but it should be Phoenix.

- Long Nintendo history, being on every Nintendo handheld since the GBA and even the Wii
- The visual novel/adventure genre has yet to be represented in the roster
- Incredible music across the board which would be a great addition to the Smash Bros. playlist

I wouldnt be surprised if it is Sora. But honestly I dont care. Any addition is great. I have probably a few additions where I would be like... WHYYY but even then I wouldnt mind all the other characters that were added where amazing.

Just hoping somebody cool.

Jill Valentine/Leon S Kennedy
Phoenix Wright

Anyone is cool

latest

She was going to be in Melee, but she was axed because the games hadn't been localized. Guess what games got official localizations this year? More than that, Nintendo directly reached out to outlets to cover the remakes! Hmm...

I want this to be the longest Sakurai presents ever. Make it an hour, make it movie-length, I don't care.

Who knows how long it will be before we get to see Sakurai nerding out on camera agin.

C.J from animal crossing
To promote the new update.
Only problem is he will be a bit OP but it’ll be fine

We have no idea, that’s the best part, it could be urban champion or Xevious for all we know

It's going to be a new caracter from a new 1st party nintendo game and nintendo is going to use smash to advertise that game :p.

Now seriously, I have absolutely no ideia, maybe a new pokemon is the most likely, but not by much

I know there is actually 0 chance of this happening, but I'll be channeling every bit of energy I have to pray that it's Dante.

It will be the girl from Ring Fit Adventure. Smash may also get a patch where you can fight as her using the Ring-con.
Nah I feel like Ring Fit Girl will replace Wii Fit trainer in the next smash game, but it wouldn't be the kind of character you add as DLC

Nah I feel like Ring Fit Girl will replace Wii Fit trainer in the next smash game, but it wouldn't be the kind of character you add as DLC

Why wait till the next Smash? ARMS got a character in Smash and it is far less popular than RFA and the Ring-con is being used by millions of people right now. It makes sense for Nintendo to tap into that market.

Back
Top Bottom