• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Event TGS 2023 Trailers and Announcements Thread

"Apollo Justice trilogy" where he is only the main character in one of them and gets 4 backstories across 3 games
Apollo is the main protagonist of Spirit of Justice, despite the name. And he gets enough in Dual Destinies too.

His backstory is a mess, but he's pretty definitively the main character of the sequel trilogy IMO.

Apollo is the main protagonist of Spirit of Justice, despite the name. And he gets enough in Dual Destinies too.

His backstory is a mess, but he's pretty definitively the main character of the sequel trilogy IMO.
I think they were implying he wasn't the main character of his own game and was only the protagonist of SoJ

IGN just released some Dragon's Dogma 2 trailer

EDIT: Sorry, here is the demo footage from TGS:

Last edited:
TGS 2023 could've been an email, yeesh. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and RGG Studio delivered at least.

Conspiracy mode on

It's almost like they're all waiting for something to be announced, thus they all have to do very "tame" stuff. wink wink

Conspiracy mode off

Dragon's Dogma II looks great, and the Spearhand vocation looks aces.

No news on Kunitsu-Gami, but that's okay.

Wow I just woke up at 6 AM and saw this

EDF 6 English voice/subtitle version coming 2024 for PS5 and PS4!

Hope its price is representative of its quality. Won't pay any less than $70 for this

Wait, what did FFVII Rebirth deliver? They just had a trailer at SoP. Is there something new at TGS?
Previews and a demo. Given that the SoP announcement was pretty clearly made in conjunction with TGS, I lump it in. Same deal with all the RGG stuff announced on Tuesday.

I'm still surprised people were expecting MH with DD2 around the corner
It was largely due to a lot of us in the MH Community being worked into a shoot over what ended up being mistranslated comments.

Aevanko tried to warn us days ago, but I still wanted to believe. Ah, well. Learned my lesson!

It was largely due to a lot of us in the MH Community being worked into a shoot over what ended up being mistranslated comments.

Aevanko tried to warn us days ago, but I still wanted to believe. Ah, well. Learned my lesson!

Yeah, that's true. I guess I just never expected it so close to Sunbreak and with DD2 around the corner, as a fan myself.

I'd prefer it not to be announced before DD2 releases ... but at this rate with DD2 not even having a release date still ... that's looking more likely to happen xD

Another trailer, this time for Pry Into The Void.

"A bleak monster-taming RPG" is what it describes itself as.

So more Shin Megami Tensei than Pokemon for this one.

Yeah, that's true. I guess I just never expected it so close to Sunbreak and with DD2 around the corner, as a fan myself.

I'd prefer it not to be announced before DD2 releases ... but at this rate with DD2 not even having a release date still ... that's looking more likely to happen xD
The other thing I was banking on was that Rise was announced that very fall after Iceborne's final update earlier that year. Yet, here we are, the fall after Sunbreak's final update and... shrugs

I suppose the last opportunities for this calendar year (barring Capcom just doing their own thing) would be the Keighleys, or maybe even Jump Festa, in December. Beyond that, I got nothing!

The other thing I was banking on was that Rise was announced that very fall after Iceborne's final update earlier that year. Yet, here we are, the fall after Sunbreak's final update and... shrugs

I suppose the last opportunities for this calendar year (barring Capcom just doing their own thing) would be the Keighleys, or maybe even Jump Festa, in December. Beyond that, I got nothing!
That's true, though I think Rise conflicted with World less due to its exclusivity. Whereas Sunbreak is on all platformers.

I sort of expect MH6 to be a Holiday 2024 title, at this point. Something they could easily announce during the summer, imo. Though I guess with a title a big as MH, you'd usually want 9-12 months of marketing for it.

Dragon's Dogma 2 gameplay.

(Let me know if this specifically was already posted or not.)

And Eiyuden seems to be coming out soon.

On another note:

Elder Scrolls Online is getting a full Japanese localization so, err, yeah, that's something.

Having to wait so long for a new portable MH is going to be exciting and frustrating at the same time. I've still got some content left with the last third or so of Sunbreak, but having to potentially wait until 2026 (!) for a new Switch (2) MH is a thought that makes me a bit stressed out, ngl. ^^'

That's true, though I think Rise conflicted with World less due to its exclusivity. Whereas Sunbreak is on all platformers.

I sort of expect MH6 to be a Holiday 2024 title, at this point. Something they could easily announce during the summer, imo. Though I guess with a title a big as MH, you'd usually want 9-12 months of marketing for it.
Possibly, but I don't think Capcom necessarily "needs" 9-12 months. 6-9 seems to be their magic number when it comes to MH, with World and Rise both opting for 7 months between announcement to release.

So, at worst, if we abide by this pattern, we could get the announcement proper in March for whatever anniversary event Capcom holds, and it still hits by like October 2024. Also would give enough time to hype it up over the spring and summer with beta.

What the heck is Maniax?
It's the version of SMT3 that has Matador and Dante in it. Basically, a lot of the bosses in the 'normal' version of SMT3 in the West are actually from a rerelease of SMT3 that included extra content and integrated it into the main story.

I'm still stuck all the way back on Level 5 not dating anything while still insisting on a 2023 release for most of their games. It's just kinda mystifying as an outside observer. Also that presentation dry as hell, and I skipped through most of it.

Shoutout to my new fave person Miyake-san, the EXTREMELY nonplussed Square Enix exec from the Xbox showcase

TNaYaUK.png

Back
Top Bottom