• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge |ST| Turtle Power!

I guess nobody joined your session. I pressed Party Up + Public once and two other people hopped in.

And no, as far as I know the only way to change characters is by exiting the mode and going back to the character selection screen. It's a bit of an odd choice by the devs.
Cheers, yeah it is odd. Finally beat the game today after leveling up Raphael. Going to play through as April next cos folk keep saying she's great

Loved being Don in the old games, but he seems to not be as good now. Reach seems overrated, and you are better off with more speed and power.

Reach is largely a waste (maybe somewhat useful against the van boss, but honestly the characters are pretty similar, even the humans. I do like Mike’s headbutt, April’s up kicks, and Leo’s double-jump spinning attack, though, if only for the animations.

Does anyone else hope they add re-skins for the characters? Like just re-color the turtles to make them look like the 90's movie turtles, the 00's animated ones and so on. It would be easier for them than story dlc, since they don't seem like they will be doing that. Could be something to bring in a bit more money.

Does anyone else hope they add re-skins for the characters? Like just re-color the turtles to make them look like the 90's movie turtles, the 00's animated ones and so on. It would be easier for them than story dlc, since they don't seem like they will be doing that. Could be something to bring in a bit more money.

No. It's supposed to purely be based on the 80's cartoon series, let it stay that way.

I don't give a shit about anything other than the 80's cartoon series and the original 90's movies. Let me have this.

The game is perfect as-is. It doesn't even need any DLC.

My only real issue with this game is how throws are handled. I've played so much Turtles in Time over the years that having grabs be automatic really messes with me. I keep running into enemies, trying to "grab" with the attack button, smacking them once in the face, and then getting punched for it. I also wish the slam the enemies back and forth throw was a lot stronger. It feels weird to slam and enemy back and forth into their allies and they all get up like it's nbd.

This is the most minor of complaints though, game is excellent.
Yeh I'm not a fan of how throws are handled either. It should be tied to an attack / button. I liked the ram into throw from Turtles in Time.

Loved being Don in the old games, but he seems to not be as good now. Reach seems overrated, and you are better off with more speed and power.
Yeh I was a Donatello main in Turtles in Time, but here he feels too slow for me and his reach isn't that much longer. I preferred playing basically everyone else weirdly enough.

I guess nobody joined your session. I pressed Party Up + Public once and two other people hopped in.

And no, as far as I know the only way to change characters is by exiting the mode and going back to the character selection screen. It's a bit of an odd choice by the devs.
Yeh a very strange decision. Like what happens if you want to party and you both have the same character then? Does it allow it? Force you to change? Although I don't mind listening to that character select music each time lol.

Am I the only one that finds the voices a bit amateurish? I rarely if ever watched the show, so not sure if these are the voices from the show or not. Also the animation at the beginning, while cool, also seems a bit amateurish as well.

I always thought "Donatello is the best Turtle in the video games because reach" really only applied to the original NES game and people just carried that mentality with them to the arcades. I thought all four Turtles played pretty identically in the Konami beat 'em ups, or at least they weren't different enough to where I felt one was superior to the others.

Either way, I always preferred playing as Donatello not because of any perceived technical advantage, but simply because he was my favorite Turtle. That hasn't changed with Shredder's Revenge.

Finally played through the story mode last night (Xbox). OMG this is everything that I wanted in a Turtles game and more! The music has a great mix of old and new tunes. I loved how beautiful the levels were. Everything in this game screams nostalgia AND 2022 at the same time.

In my one playthrough, I managed to find most of the collectables (ok so teammates helped). Every boss fight was awesome. I haven't explored the world map too much, but it seems pretty deep with a lot of secrets to explore.

My one big complaint is the lack of communication options. It really needs a Mario Kart 8 type of communication so that if I want to change my character or say "wait for more people", there should be an option. In my game I ran into an issue where I tried to back out and change my character and suddenly the others in the group disappeared in the blink of an eye. Very frustrating.

All that said, this is going to be one of my favorites going forward. I am probably going to hold off playing much more until my Switch physical copy arrives in a month or so. Great game!

I always thought "Donatello is the best Turtle in the video games because reach" really only applied to the original NES game and people just carried that mentality with them to the arcades. I thought all four Turtles played pretty identically in the Konami beat 'em ups, or at least they weren't different enough to where I felt one was superior to the others.

Either way, I always preferred playing as Donatello not because of any perceived technical advantage, but simply because he was my favorite Turtle. That hasn't changed with Shredder's Revenge.
Same. I’ve always been drawn to Donatello.

Game is a lot of fun. Seems to be a bit buggy though. Played with 3 people on Xbox and 1 on PC. Only my PC friend was able to host the lobbies. He wasn't able to join any of our Xbox lobbies. One of us got disconnected at the start of level 3 and had to re-create the party. One of my friends unlocked the secret character after the first two levels. Not sure how that's possible if you need to beat the game to unlock the character lol.
Following up on this. Last night, we all played on Xbox and there was still some glitches unfortunately. A few times, one of us would lag and only see the enemies getting pummeled. Once we got to stage 14, the party really started crapping out. Couldn't get more than 3 of us in a lobby. I really hope these issues get fixed, because this game is awesome.

I havent played in a few days cause ive been away from my switch, but echoing you guys with the glitches - there were several times where my game would crash whenever i joined a random game online

I had a glitch in 4-player local when we completed a level but player 1 was in game over.

Absolutely love the game though. I feel like I never need to go back to the Konami arcade games now this exists.

The only time I had the game glitch on me was when I was about to kill the boss from one of the last episodes. I got one of those "This game closed unexpectedly due to an error" messages.

I guess I was lucky!

Played arcade mode with some friends today and 2 of them got stuck in air, after doing the air kick. Fortunately it got solved restarting the level

I started playing as April today. There was something about today that just put me in the mood to watch a strong and powerful women beat the crap out of a bunch of brainless goons. Felt good.

Super late to the discussion here, but this game? It's good as hell.

Let me preface this by saying I have no emotional attachment to the 80's TMNT cartoon. I saw, like, the first five episodes as a kid on YouTube, and I've seen some random episodes of 2012 and Rise here and there, but that's about it. So without nostalgia for the Turtles or a connection to the license, I had a fantastic time with Shredder's Revenge. Gorgeous presentation and enough meat on the bones to make the 16-level adventure a lot of fun. Super approachable too, with a difficulty that's perhaps a touch too easy in story mode thanks to the supers and taunts? But I'd probably stick with arcade for replays. I also gotta try out Gnarly to get more of a challenge.

My partner and I have played through the game twice, once in story mode and once in arcade mode. I played as Leo and my partner played as April, and both of them fit our play style preferences like gloves. That being said I'm curious to really try out the others at some point and get to knowing them. They did a solid job of balancing all the characters in that there's no one outright bad one.

Yeah, I finally had a chance to play some local co-op with two friends and it was to put it mildly and absolutely fucking banger of an evening with a six pack and plenty of "turtle greens". When Wu-Tang hit, we went crazy haha

Honestly, April is my go-to, her speed is just SO FUN!

That being said I'm curious to really try out the others at some point and get to knowing them. They did a solid job of balancing all the characters in that there's no one outright bad one.
They really did, I've had a blast playing with each.

I think I posted this in another thread but... original arcades remade in this engine as DLC?
That wouldn't be DLC, that would be an entierly new game.

Also... you know... they'd have to work with an entierly different publisher (Konami).

Bug Fixes

Gameplay

• Fixed enemies sometimes frozen after a Fling Slam.
  • Fixed Rat King sometimes frozen after being defeated.
  • Fixed Krang’s torso sometimes leaving the screen. You can sing it: “Krang-no-loooon-ger leeeeea-ving theeeeee-screen!”
  • Fixed Dirtbag sometimes stuck in its Blinding Flash attack.
  • Fixed some player attacks granting immunity to falling down holes, performed over a hold, resulted in a near-instantaneous KO for the player.
  • Fixed the Dive Kick attack sometimes getting the player stuck when landing on edges.
  • Fixed clients sometimes stuck in a cutscene.
  • Fixed many connection issues at the beginning of stages that could result in desyncs and missing players.
  • Fixed a few crashes caused by packet loss or lag, resulting in incomplete attack, player or camera data. Bodacious!
  • Fixed clients ignoring enemy grab cancellation (when a player grabs for too long or an enemy is too healthy to grab).
  • Fixed clients interrupting a Grab with a Super Attack, leaving enemies stuck in their Grab reaction.
  • Fixed client-side Chrome Dome sometimes not getting up when it should.
  • Fixed Groundchuck often not facing the right direction on clients (or sometimes not animating at all) when charging.
  • Fixed some replication issues in the Shredder fight.
  • Fixed Super Shredder and Rat King sometimes freezing on clients when the host leaves the game.
  • Fixed client-side rat spawning in the Rat King fight often not occurring when it should.
  • Fixed client-side Buzzer having a hard time doing U-turns.
  • Fixed client-side Motorcycle Foot Soldiers sometimes frozen on screen before attacking.
  • Fixed client-side Splinter’s Super Flying Attack not increasing your Hit Counter and Score. He is a radical rat!
  • Fixed online lag during boss fights sometimes breaking the boss’ behavior resulting in the fight getting impossible to finish (boss disappearing, for example).
  • Fixed online game search no longer working after a failed search.
  • Fixed connection issues occurring after the end game cutscene.
  • Fixed host able to block the game by opening the Party Up menu while in a stage end cutscene.
Input

• Fixed saving customized controls only partially.
  • Fixed using a keyboard with a layout other than QWERTY when customizing controls.
Menus
  • Fixed saving the VSync value in the Options.
  • Fixed a way to get the Pause menu stuck on the screen during gameplay.
Achievements
  • Fixed resetting the progression of stat-based achievements like “Complete Cast!” when starting a New Game.
  • Achievement unlock is now saved immediately. Achievement progression is now saved when leaving a stage.
Audio
  • Fixed audio volume issues on stereo setups.
Credits
  • Added some awesome people that worked on the game. Tubular!
  • Fixed Edwin’s name. Cowabunga, dude!
Improvements

Gameplay

• Improved performance by preloading all possible enemies to be used in a stage.
  • Dizzy players are no longer invincible. Bummer, dude!
  • In Story mode, doing Continue no longer loads up How To Play.
  • Improved detecting all connected players as Ready, which would prevent entering a stage.
  • Improved transitions between the different parts of stage 6 (Crystal Palace Mall).
  • Improved bosses snapping to (sometimes bad) positions after client-side hits.
  • Remote players now visually do their Double Jump and additional Somersault attacks. Wicked!
Menus
  • Added platform icons when listing online games and friends.
New Features

• Added a message popup if kicked from a party. Sorry!
  • Added netcode check popup on version mismatch. Friends don’t let friends play un-patched.

I like Don a lot too just cause he's cool.

Although I feel there has been such a strong reversal. When I was a kid everybody loved Mike the best. Now it seems everyone loves Don.

Mike and Raph are my faves still lol

I like Don a lot too just cause he's cool.

Although I feel there has been such a strong reversal. When I was a kid everybody loved Mike the best. Now it seems everyone loves Don.

Mike and Raph are my faves still lol
Donatello was always my favorite, but I definitely remember being in the minority with that choice as a kid - it was always either Mike or Raph. My guess is that the majority of Mike and Raph fans grew up and became normal adults, whereas the majority of Donatello fans stayed nerdy as they grew up and as such have a bigger presence on the internet. Poor Leo lol.

Donatello was always my favorite, but I definitely remember being in the minority with that choice as a kid - it was always either Mike or Raph. My guess is that the majority of Mike and Raph fans grew up and became normal adults, whereas the majority of Donatello fans stayed nerdy as they grew up and as such have a bigger presence on the internet. Poor Leo lol.

Nobody liked Leo when I was a kid except for that one kid who would always raise their hand in class first and automatically wrapped their arm around their quiz the entire time lol

Physical edition arrived today....

7S7E35U.jpg
WugP3de.jpg

XCFGAJf.jpg

Publisher Dotemu and developer Tribute Games have today revealed even more information about the upcoming 'Dimension Shellshock' DLC for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge, this time detailing the all-new 'Survival Mode'.

This new game mode will see you collecting crystals to hop between dimensions — all while taking down hoards of enemies, of course — with each world providing its own unique feel. Dotemu has served up a slice of what worlds are on offer in the new trailer above which shows off the Japanese-inspired Edo dimension, retro backgrounds and Splinter, Casey, April and Usagi in Omnichannel 6.

Working your way through these dimension-hopping runs will let you level up and grow stronger, with crystals unlocking new lives, ninja power bars, extra hit points and even Radical Mode. You will also have the chance to skip dimensions if you want a change of scenery — the Turtles beat 'em up is all about fun, after all.

Appreciate the bump! I bought this game last year and finally got around to playing it this week. Loved it--but that's mostly required as a 30-something guy.

Karai joins the party that will begin on 8/31.

On one hand...much like with Casey, this pick comes off as a shrug. Karai didn't actually appear in the '87 toon. She was otherwise a complete unknown that was localized entirely to the Mirage comic run, at the time. Which made her inclusions in the 16-bit TMNT Tournament fighter games all the funnier, in retrospect.

But on the other hand, speaking of Tournament Fighters, they gave her the Tenshou Hyakuretsuken (Fist of the North Star) she had as the final boss from TMNT Tournament Fighters SNES. And that's awesome!

Back
Top Bottom