• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge |ST| Turtle Power!

This might be a deal breaker because of no cross-play. The people I want to play with are mostly on pc, and according to some reviews it's not worth buying if you're playing on your own.

Do Brits still call them "Hero Turtles"? I remember my cousin in the UK called them Hero Turtles and my brothers and I would always laugh at him for calling them that.
They were hero turtles for the original cartoon series but not the movie. A few cool scenes were cut from the movie though, including the nunchuck battle.

I once read an article on the name change, but I can’t remember the exact reason.

I’d say it’s mostly forgotten about now. My kids know them as Ninja Turtles.

I seem to recall someone somewhere mentioning that for a country the term ninja was too violent so they changed the name but have no clue if it has anything to do with the hero turtle thing.

Glad this is coming to Game Pass, as I would like to have it on both PC and console and won't have to double dip. I'll be able to use both of my arcade sticks on PC, which is great, but will have to play with black bars since I only have ultrawide monitors.

Do we know the resolution of the game on PS5? Am I mistaken, or would it look the same at 1080p and 4K due to its art style? Trying to decide between Switch and PS5 for console.

It’s up in Japan now. Played the first two levels, very solid. There’s a good number of moves but inputs aren’t confusing. Great animation and details in the stages. I’m not sure how to do online with randoms though. I can make a public party, but I’m not quite sure how to join one.

It’s up in Japan now. Played the first two levels, very solid. There’s a good number of moves but inputs aren’t confusing. Great animation and details in the stages. I’m not sure how to do online with randoms though. I can make a public party, but I’m not quite sure how to join one.
Have other people joined your public parties?

Woke up today thinking I would be able to play it, but it's not unlocked yet. Does anyone know the time when it should unlock?

I just got an email that my Target order will ship at the end of August. Thank God for Gamepass in the mean time.

Have other people joined your public parties?
Yup. People can jump in and out at any time, even mid level. I haven’t gotten up to six yet but I’ve had five players and it can get crazy, but in a good way. Playing this with others is absolutely the way to play.

Catching up on the reviews that went up yesterday...very very positive...story mode is 2 1/2 hours to 3 hours average but there's a good level of repeatability

Anyone got tips for the 3rd level? The small flying robots specifically? I'm also convinced I vollyed a grenade back at the boss but haven't been able to repeat it

Only played about 40minutes during work but excited to get back on tonight

Just played the first level during my lunch break and Im really enjoying this so far. I couldnt remember all the combos though

Anyone got tips for the 3rd level? The small flying robots specifically? I'm also convinced I vollyed a grenade back at the boss but haven't been able to repeat it

Only played about 40minutes during work but excited to get back on tonight
I dealt with flying enemies by doing a jumping attack, or whatever it's called. Press jumping twice for a double jump (quickly, or it won't trigger the move) and then attack.

I dealt with flying enemies by doing a jumping attack, or whatever it's called. Press jumping twice for a double jump (quickly, or it won't trigger the move) and then attack.
Cheers. I got the guys on the flying machines with that move but for the small flying robots I used like an uppercut move, b+y pressed together. Up to level 6 now!

Do Brits still call them "Hero Turtles"? I remember my cousin in the UK called them Hero Turtles and my brothers and I would always laugh at him for calling them that.
The term "Ninja" was deemed too violent for the young UK kids that were into the TMNT cartoon in the early 90's. The movie had a couple of fight scenes removed aswell.

Seems so silly nowadays haha.

Bought the game earlier on Switch only to remember that it's on Game Pass... Ah well the developers deserve every sale on this one and another third party sale to encourage more on Switch!

I have seen the face of God, and it is green with multi-colored headbands.

This game is fantastic.

I won’t be able to play until later tonight, but I must say: the soundtrack is flipping amazing (couldn’t wait, went on and bought it XD)!!

Special mentions to: Mutants Over Broadway, Mall Meltdown, and Technodrome Redux just to name a few!

Okay, I played the first three levels with Splinter before work, and already it's an absolute blast.

But on my lunch break I played the first level again as April and holy shit, she fucking rules.

April rules indeed. It's a holiday around these parts today, so I spent the day playing the game and I beat it by mostly using her.

I won’t be able to play until later tonight, but I must say: the soundtrack is flipping amazing (couldn’t wait, went on and bought it XD)!!

Special mentions to: Mutants Over Broadway, Mall Meltdown, and Technodrome Redux just to name a few!

Mutants over Broadway channels Sewer Surfin' from Turtles in Time then it takes it in a new and amazing direction. It's great.

Not for about 20 years or so, it stopped being rebranded with the 2003 cartoon. It was all really dumb scaremongering by the Tory government in the late 80s about ninjas and kids buying nunchucks and throwing stars and getting hurt. It’s just so weird now, as if the big threat on UK streets in 1987 was… rookie ninjas.

The name change wasn’t even the worst part. As it was then shown like that in ~10 or so other EU countries too, (Ireland hilariously managed to get TMNT for series 1 then TMHT after that) it meant they changed the whole cartoon internationally from the fourth series to drop Mikey’s nunchucks and change them to a grappling hook.

Just did co-op with my bro with online ransoms and the game is complete chaos and so fun. Definitely a game deserving of accolades

This game man…bias fangirl aside, this was probably one of my favorite gaming experiences in a long time.

It’s kinda hard to put into words without going into a long drawn out post but, getting to play co-op with family like:
-my older brother. He’s the reason I got into TMNT (we grew up during the craze and he was and still is a complete dork for TMNT), so playing this just like we used to play TiT and II
-my husband, who used to play with his own brother and generally is my co-op partner in gaming and life in general now
-my daughter, especially. This was her first real co-op experience and her second introduction to the TMNT games. We let her stay up late just to beat the game with us, completely with pizza, sleeping bag, ninja turtle pajamas—we tried to make it like a whole thing.

It was a one-of-a-kind experience that I will cherish for the rest of my life because I am a tremendous dork. XD

The gameplay is solid and fun, the graphics are beautiful and eye catching, the music—

like, I already spoke on how awesome I thought it was just from buying the soundtrack early, but somehow it’s even better experiencing it in game.
we LOST it when the Wu Tang Clan song came on during Shredder’s battle, it was so hype!! Honestly, Chapter 15 as a whole was just amazing, and Kraang’s Theme/remix is probably my favorite rendition of it along with the fight itself. And Mutants Over Broadway—freaking MUTANTS OVER BROADWAY!! And I hate that stage! XD. But the music was so amazing I didn’t care!

—and the references made me smile and geek out throughout (plus I got to explain some of the stuff to my daughter).
the Punk Frongs!! XD Them on the roller coaster and one screaming ‘We’re gonna die!!’ Beat boys, so glad they got their flowers so to speak.

I could gush on and on but the post has gone on long enough!

Game is amazing, the developers are awesome, and if so could just get a classic Castlevania game in the same quality as this and Sonic Mania. . .

Going to play it tonight. As othes mentioned the soundtrack is really good.

This made me remember how in the 90's Archie Comics gave the rights to the mexican publisher Division and they had freedom to create unique characters and/or even redraw entire issues. One of my cousins from the US which was also a big fan was very confused reading the mexican comics because it had storylines or characters that didn't exist anywhere else.

Some comparisons of the redrawns:

RScJ601.jpg
XRTabTW.jpg

My only real issue with this game is how throws are handled. I've played so much Turtles in Time over the years that having grabs be automatic really messes with me. I keep running into enemies, trying to "grab" with the attack button, smacking them once in the face, and then getting punched for it. I also wish the slam the enemies back and forth throw was a lot stronger. It feels weird to slam and enemy back and forth into their allies and they all get up like it's nbd.

This is the most minor of complaints though, game is excellent.

This game is surprisingly hard towards the end! I just finished a 4-player online session in arcade mode and the final battles about ran us out of continues. I had to grab a second controller and have a burner Leonardo join just in case we all died.

Loved those final showdowns, though, and the ending was perfect.

I have seen many diminishing it because it's not as hard or modern as Street of rage 4

Now, I love Street of rage 4 and Inthink that somehow it was a better/bigger (budget and scope) / more modern product

But I think that Shredder's revenge is doing a great job in keeping intact the feeling of previous old arcade games

Game is a lot of fun. Seems to be a bit buggy though. Played with 3 people on Xbox and 1 on PC. Only my PC friend was able to host the lobbies. He wasn't able to join any of our Xbox lobbies. One of us got disconnected at the start of level 3 and had to re-create the party. One of my friends unlocked the secret character after the first two levels. Not sure how that's possible if you need to beat the game to unlock the character lol.

Still loving it but I'm struggling to get past episode 13. Keep making it to the boss with 1 live left and losing that halfway. Determined though!

Also couple of questions: I pressed Party Up and chose public but nothing seemed to happen? In story mode
And is there no way to change character between levels?

Have they said how multiplayer/ online will work for the cowabunga collection?
IIRC Konami only confirmed it for
  • TMNT (Arcade)
  • TMNT Turtles in Time (Arcade)
  • TMNT The Hyperstone Heist
  • TMNT Tournament Fighters
but no mention of crossplay

Finished this last night and loved it, will play the story again with the different characters at some point. Loved all the cameos and nods to series as you went through, can’t think of anything they missed really.

After this, I would really like to see Tribute work on a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers game in the same style. It could play the exact same way in all fairness, make the boss fights Megazord battles and have you battle some of the classic enemies of MMPR like King Sphinx.

Still loving it but I'm struggling to get past episode 13. Keep making it to the boss with 1 live left and losing that halfway. Determined though!

Also couple of questions: I pressed Party Up and chose public but nothing seemed to happen? In story mode
And is there no way to change character between levels?
I guess nobody joined your session. I pressed Party Up + Public once and two other people hopped in.

And no, as far as I know the only way to change characters is by exiting the mode and going back to the character selection screen. It's a bit of an odd choice by the devs.

Back
Top Bottom