• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Super Nintendo World Parks |ST|

Theyr're adding the decals this early? But the construction is going to be in the rain for the next two years. That'll require maintaining.

Why the Nintendo store is going to be next to a moonpie restaurant is beyond me.

It's not the main Nintendo store, it's just an extra one. The Moonpie restaurant sells pizza, and it's easier to build one building instead of three smaller buildings.

It's not the main Nintendo store, it's just an extra one. The Moonpie restaurant sells pizza, and it's easier to build one building instead of three smaller buildings.
There's another store being built in the park aside from the ones in the land? I kinda figured this was being turned into a Nintendo Florida.

There's another store being built in the park aside from the ones in the land? I kinda figured this was being turned into a Nintendo Florida.
Yep! According to rumors, it's just there in case the land reaches capacity, is closed for maintenance or a private event, or if guests don't want to enter the land. The main gift shops (1-Up, Mario Motors) are located inside the land like they are in Japan.

We're going to Japan for the first time in September and SNW is high up on the list! Any tips for a first timer? Is it doable to do the regular Universal park the same day?

We're going to Japan for the first time in September and SNW is high up on the list! Any tips for a first timer? Is it doable to do the regular Universal park the same day?

If you want to do everything in Super Nintendo World it could easily take up half a day between the rides and powerup band games depending on how busy the day is. Make sure you download the Universal Studios Japan app so you can check wait times on rides and also for Nintendo powerup band related stuff.

I dunno exactly how USJ works but in Hollywood you have to make sure you get a timed entry slot to Super Nintendo World if the land is at capacity when you enter the park, so keep that in mind. Also in the US we have to get reservations for Toadstool Cafe but again not sure if that's how it's handled in Japan.

If you want to do everything in Super Nintendo World it could easily take up half a day between the rides and powerup band games depending on how busy the day is. Make sure you download the Universal Studios Japan app so you can check wait times on rides and also for Nintendo powerup band related stuff.

I dunno exactly how USJ works but in Hollywood you have to make sure you get a timed entry slot to Super Nintendo World if the land is at capacity when you enter the park, so keep that in mind. Also in the US we have to get reservations for Toadstool Cafe but again not sure if that's how it's handled in Japan.
Thank you for all of this info! Does SNW in Japan have the same rides as Hollywood? I wasn't sure if in the first sentence you were referring to how long it takes to do everything based on your experience in Japan and/or Hollywood. 😊

Thank you for all of this info! Does SNW in Japan have the same rides as Hollywood? I wasn't sure if in the first sentence you were referring to how long it takes to do everything based on your experience in Japan and/or Hollywood. 😊

Japan's version has more to do and see in it than Hollywood's. It has a 2nd ride with Yoshi's Adventure that the park in Hollywood doesn't have. It also has additional minigames for the powerup band that you can play.

For Hollywood I felt it was a half day land, so it may take longer in Japan.

Last edited:

As of three months ago, the situation was that I bought an express pass which included timed entry to Super Nintendo World along with a prebooked time for Koopa's Challenge along with some other attractions elsewhere in the park. I would say the express pass is a must or you may find difficulty getting into the land. It was rammed and I went on a grey Monday. The express pass is in addition to the studio pass for general admission to the park.

There is enough to occupy you for a good chunk of the day. I was in there for about 4 hours including dinner and I probably could have done more. I didn't do Yoshi's Adventure (I believe that is an Osaka exclusive at this time) because there was a consistent 1 hour queue and I wasn't secure enough to queue up for it without a child in tow to be my excuse. I did complete the Bowser Jr bit, but only the bare minimum. There were still plenty of mini-games I didn't do.

Kinopio's Cafe was reservation only until about 4.30 IIRC when it went to open queue. I queued for about half and hour at around 5. The good news is that the queue prevents a free for all for getting a table. They show you to your table once you place your order at the counter.

If you want to be comprehensive about the park as a whole, you'll need a couple of days at least. I didn't care and the only things I did outside of SNW was buy Nintendo merch in the other shops, get lunch in the Jurassic Park area and watch the Waterworld stunt show while I waited for my time (yes, they were strict about the timed entry). There's also the stuff to check out between Yunibaarsaru Shitei Station and the park entrance so that's even more time to consider.

The bigger challenge is getting a reservation at the Kirby Cafe at Tokyo Solamachi. That place seems like it gets booked up as soon as they release slots.

Thank you @Gartooth and @Glom for all of the info! Gonna have to decide whether there are enough USJ rides we want to do that are different from the American counterparts to do a second day vs. other Osaka sights. Is it Universal Citywalk that's between Yunibaarsaru Shitei Station and the parks?

I saw there's now a mini sweet shoppe for Kirby's cafe in Osaka. I can't eat gluten or soy so it may not even be worth it to go to the Kirby Cafe proper but I think I read we can still go to the store there if we don't eat there. But yeah it seems nigh impossible to get a reservation there regardless. Did you end up going to the cafe of sweet shoppe? Any other gaming related recs or anything else you especially loved in Japan? We're going Sept 8-28, we'll be in Eastern Hokkaido, then the Osaka/Kyoto/Nara region, then across Fukui, Nagano and Nikko, and finally a couple days in Tokyo.

I've never been to Japan so I can't help there. The Nintendo World I visited was in the USA.

Been a while since we checked up on Epic Universe, but Super Nintendo World, Donkey Kong especially has made huge progress. We have themed tracks already!

Imagine what this will look like 3 months from now even? Let alone next year.

Just to report back, we did get our tickets with the express pass for USJ for September. Thanks again for the tips in this thread. The hardest part was getting an American payment method to work on the USJ site, took days to find one that worked.

Just to report back, we did get our tickets with the express pass for USJ for September. Thanks again for the tips in this thread. The hardest part was getting an American payment method to work on the USJ site, took days to find one that worked.

I'm amazed you found a payment method that worked! We had to eventually give up and buy from Klook who just give you a randomised set of times (thankfully they were ok).

My main tip is to dress for the occasion with some kind of nintendo gear and buy the daftest headband you can. Everyone there went all in on the silly head bands, and the staff are great at interacting. Having over enthusiastic staff members shout 'PIKMIN!' or doing the TOTK hand pose when they saw our shirts was great fun.

I was at Universal CityWalk to watch some movies yesterday, and stopped by the Super Nintendo World Store for a bit. I recorded this video for a couple friends who wanted me to get them stuff, but if anyone from here desperately wants anything, I might be able to get it for you.

I was at Universal CityWalk to watch some movies yesterday, and stopped by the Super Nintendo World Store for a bit. I recorded this video for a couple friends who wanted me to get them stuff, but if anyone from here desperately wants anything, I might be able to get it for you.

Remember to Trust, Encourage, and most of all, Cashapp the process.

Thought it would be good to update this thread with the current development of Epic Universe:

The facade is really coming together.

The Donkey Kong Thread has been mostly covering the development of the Donkey Kong Land in japan so not much recent to add there, just hope it comes soon.

whats-your-fnf-version-of-i-dont-care-who-the-irs-sends-i-v0-0ggs5s2symvb1.jpg

I don't care what you build there, I am not going to Florida

This is new concept art! Wow that's what the pipe will look like? I'm looking forward to that one. And hey, we got our first look at what the Nintendo store will look like.

The hub area looks really nice, I like the theming, and it’s smart to put the Nintendo gift store out there instead of in the Nintendo area proper, since I imagine the merch is going to be very sought after. Also cool that the Donkey Kong stuff is baked into it from the start.

The hub area looks really nice, I like the theming, and it’s smart to put the Nintendo gift store out there instead of in the Nintendo area proper, since I imagine the merch is going to be very sought after. Also cool that the Donkey Kong stuff is baked into it from the start.
There's gift shops both in and out of the land. The one on the outside is for event guests or if the land is at capacity.

Will these gift shops ever stock game merch I wonder? Like carts, accessories, or consoles? Feels weird to me to just not have that central pillar of Nintendo featured in the parks. As far as we've seen, neither Universal park has had that kind of merch.

That one Nintendo giftshop that is being posted a lot is giving some serious "Mushroom Kingdom Hearts" vibes

or maybe it's just me lol

Will these gift shops ever stock game merch I wonder? Like carts, accessories, or consoles? Feels weird to me to just not have that central pillar of Nintendo featured in the parks. As far as we've seen, neither Universal park has had that kind of merch.

Im not expecting it personally but it makes sense if they choose not to. Shelf space is still at a high premium in these parks and so they probably want to sell all kinds of unique merch that represents SNW and is only sold at the parks rather than dedicating space to consoles and games that can be bought anywhere. Kind of the same reason why all the merch is Mario IP and that there's less general "Nintendo" characters, they wanna sell things that represent the park.

Looks like Universal is already sending out merch, even to non-theme park centric channels.

I’m heading to Japan in April and I’m starting to really get stressed out about not getting into Nintendo World.

I’m in Australia and have been watching the tickets on the Klook app.

My original plan was to guarantee entry by getting all 6 of us express pass four tickets but that’s super expensive. The. I learnt earlier this week about the [Super Nintendo World] +1 day studio pass which appears to let me pay a little bit more and guarantee entry, but, keeping an eye over the past few days, this seems to be very intermittently available.

Would this be just selling out super quick? I can see that days are being added one day at a time on Klook, sometime in the middle of the night for me, so I feel like I’m going to miss out.

Am I stressing about nothing or is this a really stressful process for everyone?

Any advice or reassurance would be greatly appreciated

AmusementInsider have a visualization on what the Donkey Kong Coaster should look like.

New Epic Universe update. Yoshi's are free.

I’ve missed the last three posts, going to have to catch up soon

Easy one to catch up with. We see the Yoshi ride being tested. I can't wait for when we start seeing the DK ride testing.

I want to meet with my Fellow Ohioan Scott the woz and petition Nintendo to make a Super Nintendo world in Ohio xD. I cant wait to visit Super Nintendo World one day. I just wish I was not so damn faraway from the locations.

Universal Orlando has confirmed that the Quiet Flight Surf Shop will be closing permanently starting April 15, 2024, and the current Cinnabon location within CityWalk will be closing on April 29. 2024.

Universal says details on what will be replacing these locations will be revealed soon, but rumors online suggest that we may be getting a Super Nintendo World-branded retail location as part of this renovation.

IMG_3997-690x460.jpg

Last edited:

Nintendo Stuff:
  • Trees are going up along the border of the land
  • Peach's Castle is getting taller
  • Goombas and Thowmps, oh my
  • Foundation stuff at central area
  • DK Barrel is up along with screaming pillars
  • Toad's restaurant is getting built

Oh bob, the shrubbery and the painting begins in earnest. I cant wait to see how the lands really begin to form.

I’m heading to Japan in April and I’m starting to really get stressed out about not getting into Nintendo World.

I’m in Australia and have been watching the tickets on the Klook app.

My original plan was to guarantee entry by getting all 6 of us express pass four tickets but that’s super expensive. The. I learnt earlier this week about the [Super Nintendo World] +1 day studio pass which appears to let me pay a little bit more and guarantee entry, but, keeping an eye over the past few days, this seems to be very intermittently available.

Would this be just selling out super quick? I can see that days are being added one day at a time on Klook, sometime in the middle of the night for me, so I feel like I’m going to miss out.

Am I stressing about nothing or is this a really stressful process for everyone?

Any advice or reassurance would be greatly appreciated

Our trip finally came around today and pleased to say, despite purchasing advanced timed entry tickets, we didn’t end up using them, and got earlier timed entry tickets through the app.

Super Nintendo Land is fantastic aesthetically, I loved every second of looking at it and could have stayed there for days if they would have let me.

Super busy though, was difficult to move around at times. Hopefully when DK land opens they keep the same amount of people because without a twenty minutes wait for each for Getting a power up band key, it was unbearable and we ended up leaving without doing the band tasks. If we’d have tried to get three keys we were probably looking at a combined 2-3 hour wait time, which is way too much for what it is. But generally; I loved it. Over 150 photos alone. Was very special

All in all though, quite a stressful experience. please pm me if you have any USJ questions as having someone to bounce them
Off would be beneficial ahead of time

Last edited:
Our trip finally came around today and pleased to say, despite purchasing advanced timed entry tickets, we didn’t end up using them, and got earlier timed entry tickets through the app.

Super Nintendo Land is fantastic aesthetically, I loved every second of looking at it and could have stayed there for days if they would have let me.

Super busy though, was difficult to move around at times. Hopefully when DK land opens they keep the same amount of people because without a twenty minutes wait for each for Getting a power up band key, it was unbearable and we ended up leaving without doing the band tasks. If we’d have tried to get three keys we were probably looking at a combined 2-3 hour wait time, which is way too much for what it is. But generally; I loved it. Over 150 photos alone. Was very special

All in all though, quite a stressful experience. please pm me if you have any USJ questions as having someone to bounce them
Off would be beneficial ahead of time
Glad you were able to have a good time.

Were I more experienced with the art of... theme parking and advanced ticketing, I'd have loved to have helped. That's a skill unto itself people kinda gotta stumble into without help from theme park aficionados.

Back
Top Bottom