• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler Super Mario Bros. Wonder - SPOILER Thread (Enter at your own risk)

Truno

Koopa
Pronouns
He/Him
Seems like there's a copy in the wild:

Posting this thread to contain all the spoilers in here.

The only spoiler I need is if Rosalina is unlockable or not
pretty sure it isnt happening, her VA isn't in the credits and there's no extra VAs people havent narrowed down yet. unless she got recast and is played by the same person who does daisy now rosalina isnt in the game.

pretty sure it isnt happening, her VA isn't in the credits and there's no extra VAs people havent narrowed down yet. unless she got recast and is played by the same person who does daisy now rosalina isnt in the game.
pre order cancelled, making a couple (i'm lazy) of metacritic accounts to rate the game a 6/10 (im generous), becoming a world renowned video game reviewer in the next week to ensure the game doesn't hit 90.

Nah but that's a bummer, I'll just play as Luigi I guess.

Love the singing plants, really curious as to what other wonder effects this game has

Ooo this game game is going to be something special. It’s going to be so much fun simply doing things in the game just to see what happens/how enemies and the environment will react.

After the Sonic news this does lift my spirits

Probably won't look too much but I'm definitely excited for this game, especially if the singing Piranha Plants are just a taste of what is to come

The visuals, music, and character voices make this world feel alive.
There is magic in this game that does not exist in NSMB and Sonic Superstars.

Probably won't look too much but I'm definitely excited for this game, especially if the singing Piranha Plants are just a taste of what is to come
As soon as the dev was revealed to be Arzest any hope I had for the game went out the window. I'm surprised people are super excited for it. The developers history is awful.

As soon as the dev was revealed to be Arzest any hope I had for the game went out the window. I'm surprised people are super excited for it. The developers history is awful.
I wasn't excited, but I still had a tiny bit of hope because the first few clips did look promising. But anyway, this isn't the Sonic thread.

Redeemed my voucher for this and I know I'll have a blast next weekend when it's out.

Keep in mind that the Piranha Plant wonder effect is from the first world. Expect a LOT pf surprises

I couldn’t believe that daisy and yoshi kissed at the end of the game. But it was time for a change in the status quo

why does everyone get to live out my dreams...

64pmkc.jpg

seems like Nintendo got to them, they claim to be moving to another account but is that enough to escape the Ninjas?

Does anybody know where you could find these leaks? I’ve been trying to find where they are, but can’t find em

There’s a leaker playing the game currently.

During the second world, they went through a secret exit and found a world titled, “Special World”. It had a 5 star difficulty level and the leaker gave up after 10 tries.

Also Wonderbros, we flew too close to the sun. The boss of the second world is Bowser Jr… looks like they didn’t show more bosses cause he’s the only boss.

Also Wonderbros, we flew too close to the sun. The boss of the second world is Bowser Jr… looks like they didn’t show more bosses cause he’s the only boss.
i refuse to believe this. Ain’t no way lol

Whose the boss of World 1? Could be a 3D World where the bosses start getting cooler after Boom Boom and Pom Pom on Worlds 2 & 3.

During the second world, they went through a secret exit and found a world titled, “Special World”. It had a 5 star difficulty level and the leaker gave up after 10 tries.

Was bowser Jr any different in his second fight compared to his first. And quick question, where did the leaker play the game?

i refuse to believe this. Ain’t no way lol

Whose the boss of World 1? Could be a 3D World where the bosses start getting cooler after Boom Boom and Pom Pom on Worlds 2 & 3.

Boss of World 1 is the one we saw in the trailer, the size shifting Bowser Jr.

Boss of World 2 is Bowser Jr with a wonder effect that changes the stages terrain between ice, quicksand, and normal

Was bowser Jr any different in his second fight compared to his first. And quick question, where did the leaker play the game?

As in the character design? No clue.

The stage, gimmick, platforms, and mechanics are all different

link? or not allowed to?

Leaker is done for the night. They skipped out on most secrets, optional levels, and badge challenges. Even whilst rushing, they made it halfway through World 3. Game seems chunky

Leaker is done for the night. They skipped out on most secrets, optional levels, and badge challenges. Even whilst rushing, they made it halfway through World 3. Game seems chunky
Any unannounced wonder abilities you saw?

If Bowser Jr really is the boss of every world that’s such a fucking bummer 😭 same disappointment I felt with the samey Blight Ganons. Just like…why.

Even the Koopalings would be better

If Bowser Jr really is the boss of every world that’s such a fucking bummer 😭 same disappointment I felt with the samey Blight Ganons. Just like…why.
To be fair, haven't most 2D Mario fights always been the same few characters repeated? I think NSMB on the DS had more varied boss fights since they did special things to normal enemies, but it was still a lot of Jr right? Ironically the Koopalings might have been the most diverse cast of bosses in a 2D Mario game since they each had a unique gimmick. Personally I'm not too against using Bowser Jr for most bosses. They can just come up with more wonder flower gimmicks as time goes on to differentiate each fight.

To be fair, haven't most 2D Mario fights always been the same few characters repeated? I think NSMB on the DS had more varied boss fights since they did special things to normal enemies, but it was still a lot of Jr right? Ironically the Koopalings might have been the most diverse cast of bosses in a 2D Mario game since they each had a unique gimmick. Personally I'm not too against using Bowser Jr for most bosses. They can just come up with more wonder flower gimmicks as time goes on to differentiate each fight.
NSMBDS was Jr in the fortresses, unique bosses in the castles

NSMBW was Koopalings in the fortress and then a powered up version in the castle, Jr in special airship levels

NSMB2 was Reznor in the fortresses and Koopalings in the castle.

NSMBU was Boom Boom in the fortresses and Koopalings in the castle.

So typically, it’s the fortress boss that repeats with new gimmicks each time, while the castle is a unique boss.

From what we know, I haven’t seen fortresses anywhere mentioned for Wonder? So if it’s just Jr repeated in the castles, which would be by far the worst boss roster thus far.

I’m holding out hope that it’s not THAT disappointing and maybe the game is just like 3D World which was very non-formulaic and surprising with when its boss encounters would happen. Game threw you Bowser, Boom Boom and Pom Pom in the first 3 worlds, then a unique boss immediately after in its own level, then unique bosses for Worlds 4 and 5. Then a boss in a random blockade etc etc

I fucking knew it, goddamn it!

EDIT: Also, what did the special world look like?

Last edited:
I know this is off-topic, (kinda hrd to stay on-topic with the person's account being wiped anyways) but I'm very interested what's going on with Sonic. Haven't really paid attention to the game.

Although the Bowser Jr part is disappointing, the amount of enemy variety here is really nice to see. We've only seen up to a portion of world 3 and there's been quite a few new enemies that weren't shown before. Kinda makes the whole Bowser Jr thing a bit more jarring, but we've only seen 2/7 (or 8?) bosses, so I'll reserve judgment.

I fucking knew it, goddamn it!

EDIT: Also, what did the special world look like?

It had the same aesthetics as the second half of the second world since it was a special world based on it. The level's challenge was timing-based jumps with poison water that rose quickly. They were playing decently but gave up after 10 tries.

Perhaps there's no post-game this time, and the challenge can be found within these special levels? That is if there's a special level per world

We might also get Kamek, unless he just teams up with Bowser Jr....

So far Kamek's role has been making the airships appear above worlds, adding additional levels.

Although the Bowser Jr part is disappointing, the amount of enemy variety here is really nice to see. We've only seen up to a portion of world 3 and there's been quite a few new enemies that weren't shown before. Kinda makes the whole Bowser Jr thing a bit more jarring, but we've only seen 2/7 (or 8?) bosses, so I'll reserve judgment.

It had the same aesthetics as the second half of the second world since it was a special world based on it. The level's challenge was timing-based jumps with poison water that rose quickly. They were playing decently but gave up after 10 tries.

Perhaps there's no post-game this time, and the challenge can be found within these special levels? That is if there's a special level per world

So far Kamek's role has been making the airships appear above worlds, adding additional levels.
Wait, I'm confused. Is it a Special World or just a single level?

Yeah, even if it is Bowser Jr everytime, as long as it plays differently/requires different tactics to beat then that's really not an issue at all.

Back
Top Bottom