• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Reviews Super Mario Bros. Wonder: Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please refrain from dismissing others and then insulting them with meme images. -xghost777, meatbag, Tangerine Cookie, Barely Able
And yet, here you are
mister-gotcha-4-9faefa-1.jpg

Gotta wait till the morning to pick up my copy, but have Sonic Superstars to play for now, which I'm genuinely currently enjoying.
Very excited for tomorrow with both Wonder and Spidey! :D

Yoshis island, imo, i love looking at yoshis, island, and listening to yoshis island, but the gameplay feels less snappy to me than that in dkc 2, and it also just feels like it’s a tad too long, i was running out of steam in yoshis island by the last two worlds or so, and there was one too many frustrating “maze cave” levels. But both games are masterpieces in their own way. Im not out here trying to call yoshis island a bad game lol, i just dont like it as much as the dkc games, or super Mario world
In Donkey Kong Country 2 you can return to a completed level if you missed one of the three or four collectibles, then pause and exit out as soon as you grab it. In Yoshi's Island you have to get all 25 collectibles in one go and finish the level with full health for it to count. Also, anything less than a perfect score on every level in a whole world is completely useless.

Yoshi's Island fans have been high on their own art supplies for far too long, Kong is king.
DKC2 is great because the first run when you’re just trying to get to K Rool is really difficult, and then when you’re better at the game you can go for the more difficult challenge of collecting everything

Yoshi’s Island’s problem is that a straight run to the end of level is really easy, whereas a 100% run is really difficult and also tedious
Ah, I see you are Kongs of culture as well.

Though I will say that Yoshi's Island was the most creative a Mario title has ever gotten, never ever having hit the same highs as it did afterward. And all the Yoshi games afterwards have been disappointments when compared to Yoshi's Island.
imo yoshis wooly world was leaps and bounds ahead of snes yoshis island.
Explain to me how it is better. I never really got to play Wooly and Crafted World.

Ah, I see you are Kongs of culture as well.

Though I will say that Yoshi's Island was the most creative a Mario title has ever gotten, never ever having hit the same highs as it did afterward. And all the Yoshi games afterwards have been disappointments when compared to Yoshi's Island.

Explain to me how it is better. I never really got to play Wooly and Crafted World.
giphy.gif

I guess what I meant to say was there wasn't anything in the succeeding entries gameplaywise that really looked like a good hook with future Yoshi/New SMB games.

Seems my copy of Super Mario Bros. Wonder is arriving any minute now.

lol I saw a post and apparently Jimquisition's review of Sonic Mania is up on Metacritic as a Mario Wonder review and it took it down an entire point
Yep, just checked and it's there now.

lol I saw a post and apparently Jimquisition's review of Sonic Mania is up on Metacritic as a Mario Wonder review and it took it down an entire point
Just saw that. Gives sonic super stars a 75 but it was applied to Mario Wonder. What will be even more hilarious is if Jimquisition published a 75 score review anyway to drop the meta. This weird type of happening of "oops I accidentally dropped the Meta" to them going "now I'll purposely drop the meta" writes itself considering how they've handled universally praised Nintendo games.

I saw that haha. It dropped from mid 93 to the bottom of 92, and the only reviews registered today were a 9 and a 9.3.

Will MC fix it?

Just saw that. Gives sonic super stars a 75 but it was applied to Mario Wonder. What will be even more hilarious is if Jimquisition published a 75 score review anyway to drop the meta. This weird type of happening of "oops I accidentally dropped the Meta" to them going "now I'll purposely drop the meta" writes itself considering how they've handled universally praised Nintendo games.
or she just has opinions which she is entitled to and make a mistake. there are better ways to lower a score - such as leaving a bad review - rather than leaving a review on the wrong game which will eventually get fixed. bit quick to accuse her of doing this on purpose.

edited to rephrase thoughts and remove irrelevant info

Last edited:
or she just has opinions which she is entitled to and make a mistake. there are better ways to lower a score - such as leaving a bad review - rather than leaving a review on the wrong game which will eventually get fixed. bit quick to accuse her of doing this on purpose.

edited to rephrase thoughts and remove irrelevant info
Oh no I'm not insinuating she did this on purpose. I'm saying it'll be hilarious if after this accidentally happened and gets fixed, she ends up publishing a review that drops it back down anyway.

Oh no I'm not insinuating she did this on purpose. I'm saying it'll be hilarious if after this accidentally happened and gets fixed, she ends up publishing a review that drops it back down anyway.
oh i misinterpreted what you said. my bad.

Somebody in Metacritic's staff is aware of the jokes. Feels like too big of a coincidence, this is the first time I actually get to see them mixing up reviews of two different items.

I think metacritic gives certain outlets more sway on the score
It’s extremely unlikely Jimquisition is one of those outlets. It’s more likely the score was just on the brink of ticking over and MC’s weird mistake of including a review for a different game entirely was the straw that broke the camels back.

Heads up, Damiani from EZA is reviewing this game.

He has already stated, "This game is at least a 9, the only way you can think otherwise is if you dislike Mario or platformers". He has been gushing about it non-stop

-----------------------------------------------------------

IGN Brazil - 9.5:

Gamingbible - 10 (Will be added to MC)

Worthplaying - 9.5 (Will be added to MC and OC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom