• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions Super Mario Bros. Wonder - Review Prediction Thread

Predict Super Mario Bros. Wonder's Review Score!

• 96+

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • 91-95

Votes: 188 54.8%
  • 86-90

Votes: 129 37.6%
  • 81-85

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • 76-80

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 75 or less

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured since the thread was bumped that I'd draw a comparison between forums.

As of today, these are the votes in Fami:

image.png

And these are the votes in Era:

image.png

Wonder won't score as high as TotK. I'm predicting around a 92 and that's probably being a tad too optimistic. Previews have been pretty good though.

I'm not sure if this thread is still active but I just wanted to add that I think it'll score a 92 when reviews are released!! :)

97. the plumber needs to lay down the law and remind that elf who's paying the bills at nintendo.
if 2D games werent seen as lesser for some reason, and assuming this game's quality doesnt drop at some point throughout, I could see it being the best reviewed game of all time. sadly there's people out there who have bad taste, or as I like to call them - wrong, and think 2D is lame. and some of those people are even reviewers.

The first genuinely fresh 2D Mario since 1995? If it nails what it sets out to do I can see it breaking the 90 barrier.

I'm guessing an even 90.

I think this is gonna end up getting too many 8s to be a high 95+.

It's in that same realm of a kind of game like Spider-man 2 where it's nothing really new/groundbreaking but it refines what we know very well.

do we know when the reviews drop?
I think Nintendo Friday game reviews usually drop Wednesday morning iirc.

I'd say between 88 and 91, because is Mario, but 2D platformes sometimes get mistrated. Tropical Freeze having a 83 in Metacritic (86 for the Switch version) is embarrasing.

Don't know if there's a bet but I predict 92
I'd say between 88 and 91, because is Mario, but 2D platformes sometimes get mistrated. Tropical Freeze having a 83 in Metacritic (86 for the Switch version) is embarrasing.
It is. This game is in my top ten.

I don’t even like any 2D Mario games and I’m very excited. 91-95 is where I’m thinking it’ll land.

Looking forward to reviews that cover couch co-op. I’m hoping for a surprise win in that space - I didn’t find any previous attempt at Mario co-op to be especially fun.

Below Spider-Man because it has no ray tracing

Above Starfield so internet weirdos can feel good about themselves by drawing Mario and Spider-Man laughing at Phil Spencer

Eleventy point seven hundo

Oh wait, that's what I'm going to score Super Mario Bros Wonder.

86-90 seems like a safe bet to me.

86-90, "2D" games still have an stigma in this industry for being considered lesser products. Celeste anyone?

Not that I don’t disagree with the idea that they’re a little stigmatized, but how does Celeste prove that point? It’s 90+ MC and was a GotY nominee.

I actually use Celeste as evidence that 2D platformers can do well. Same with Ori 2.

They say the same about Sim racing games it cant hit 90. Nonsense. Ive played GT7 and it got 87 and I would give it max 85.
If its good enough MArio Wonder could easily get 90.

I'll go 93

2023 is the year a CRPG scores on par with a Zelda game, an iterative Insomniac game breaks the 90 barrier, and it will be the year when a 2D Mario will do the same for the first time in over two decades.

This isn't a year of curses, it's a year of Wonder!

At this point, short length is the one thing I could see holding it back a bit. It isn’t a long game apparently.

Quoted by: Leo
I'd be surprised if it scored much lower than the first New Super Mario Bros but I'd also be surprised if it goes much over 90. So 89+-2 is a good balpark imho.

I like how some Era posters are revising their hype upwards after hearing more about the game while some of Fami is revising downwards.

Who runs this place, Foreman Spike?!

90(somewhat safe) to 95(very optimistic).
Whatever its MC is, it's gonna get GOTY noms(hopefully for TGA) and in a couple of years it's gonna be on GOAT talks, besides SMB 3 and World.
Kinda wild that 2023 has the potential to have 4 90+ MC Nintendo games(5 if we include Future Connected). 2017 had 3.

yeah I think some people forget how high the NSMB games scored, the way people talk about them they got mid 70s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom