• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Summer Games Fest 2024 Returns June 7th [2 pm PDT, 5 pm EDT, 9 pm GMT]

Josh5890

Yoshi
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
GIjmpGWXwAAotJP

A little later in the day this year. Usually it is around lunch time in America.

C'mon new Forza Horizon at an XBOX event that totally won't be related to Summer Games Fest but Geoff will claim it as his own anyway.

Took Geoff until 15 hours prior to this announcement to even acknowledge the layoffs this year, and even then without addressing the reasons behind them.

Far from me to tell people what to do; if you don't feel you have much to look forward to at this or any event of his, don't even give it the views by leaving the stream on in the background. Catch the highlights from separate news sources later. Keighley does not deserve to claim the face of the industry when he toes company lines over the creators he supposedly loves. The last time he showed any kind of spine was because Konami prevented his best bud from attending TGA 2015 in person.

No thanks. I don't watch Keighley events anymore. Geoff is a cruddy person I do not want to support.

Any announcements from his shows will be all over the internet within seconds, I'll get any info that way.

Last SGF was pretty good but I do have a sour taste in my mouth in regards to Keighley events after the disrespectful TGA show last year.

Even besides the things mentioned itt it astounds me how the biggest game shows are now done by a person who is completely lacking any charisma and personality. Say what you will about E3 presenters at least they were entertaining even if really weird at times. Evety time I watch one of his events it's like an infomertial, the man doesn't seem passionate about anything.

Eh, Iā€™ll catch the high lites on YouTube. That being said, i think as long as you have the right expectations (mostly indie, and double a game reveals, lots of cg recruiting ads) than it can be an alright time. Given how long these games take to make nowadays, I think the days of mega ton summer announcements are largely over, save for a small handful of stuff.

I'll catch the announcements after the fact, had more than my fill of Doritos Pope

Iā€™ll probably give it a watch just in case if thereā€™s something I might get excited for, majority of his shows are usually very boring to me but most of his shows have that one announcement that is something I can look forward to.

2023's was actually really good so hopefully this keeps up.

Geoff's shows are never perfect, like any gaming showcase, but he does always listen to feedback which is nice.

Probably the next place for a MH Wilds reveal.

Alright, I'm game.

Back
Top Bottom