• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Street Fighter 6 |ST| The Next Generation Begins

Josh5890

Yoshi
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
SF6.png

Platforms: PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, PC (Steam)
Release Date: June 2nd, 2023
Price (Standard Edition): $59.99 USD / £49.99 / €59,99 / ¥7990
Metacritic: 92
Opencritic: 92

0kWqEKJ.png

Modern
PzrFacJ.png

Classic
TDq1pm3.png

Dynamic
qGSEIMm.png

Modes

vVRo5J8.png
  • One on One
    • The traditional mode where you face off one on one against other players.
  • Team Battle
    • Multi-character mode where you can choose between formats like Doubles and Elimination
  • Extreme Battle
    • Change the rules of the fight to your desires!
  • Arcade Mode
    • The Classic way to play the computer in any fighting game!
  • Training Mode
    • Grind to become the best that you can be!
  • Online Mode (Ranked and Casual)
    • Play across all platforms with cross-play.

3BN2vl5.png
  • Travel the world in your search for the answer to the question of... What is strength? Jump in with your avatar, where legendary fighters await your arrival in the world of Street Fighter! Your first destination will be Buckler Security, located in Metro City. This company trains new recruits in security detail. Here, Luke will act as your coach as you sign up for the basic training course, and this is where your story begins. During your travels, you'll face a number of trials and challenges. You'll come across opportunities to prove yourself in street fights, meet legendary fighters, forge bonds and improve your abilities. As you grow stronger, you'll face even stronger opponents. If you're looking for strength, then it's high time to hit the streets!
zdMz94T.png
  • Join other online gamers in the community hub/lobby where you can battle each other at arcade cabinets, take part in real-time events, and purchase silly stuff at the store. Show off your avatar to the world!

1NZBUjX.png

Year 1 DLC:
year1_img.jpg

Thanks to @MondoMega and @VolcanicDynamo for their assistance.

I don't really care for online competitive multiplayer, but the single player portion looks fire. A couple of my friends are getting the game, definitely gonna mess around with their copies and maybe purchase off of that. Good job with the ST!

Great ST !
Can't wait to receive my copy !!!
I'm definitely roleplay/headcanon my character in World Tour as a super villain lmao. Not a single soul in Metro City will be safe.

I cannot WAIT for this game to unlock. I can already tell it’s going to eat up a lot of my time

Even if I could afford this game comfortably, I have to housesit this weekend, so no SF6 for me, but I'm loving seeing how people are reacting to this

Messed around a little bit, but I can't connect online. I'll try tomorrow after work.

Despite trying and failing to get into multiple other fighting games, all the buzz has me wanting to buy this anyway

But I haven't beaten Zelda yet, or like two other games I wanted to finish… so it might be a bit

Nice job Josh!

I knew the reviews were good, but I didn’t know they were 92 good - that’s nuts!

Curiously interested in this, but i suck a fighting games and that is an understatement.

Is there enough content for single play? 'Cause i sure as heck wouldn't be playing this online a single second, if i would want to get constantly beaten up, i'd join a boxing club in real life.

Messed about for an hour or so this morning. My SF main was always Honda but I kinda don’t like how he plays in 6, which I think is more that I’ve changed, not that Honda’s changed. That said, I was trying out some of the new characters and I REALLY like playing as Kimberly. She’s so quick and fun!

Wasn't planning on getting this at launch but was able to get a deal on it so will be trying it out in a while.
I'm more of a Tekken person than Street Fighter but hopefully 6 will be the game to change that.

Curiously interested in this, but i suck a fighting games and that is an understatement.

Is there enough content for single play? 'Cause i sure as heck wouldn't be playing this online a single second, if i would want to get constantly beaten up, i'd join a boxing club in real life.
World Tour mode is great and fun (the single player story mode with an avatar that you create), but I don't think it's that long. Still very fun so far though ! Especially if you like to create a character, upgrade them and customize them. But as great (and ambitious for a fighting game) as it is, it still feels like a side thing to complements the main dish, the Battle Hub.
Single player wise, there's the classic Arcade Mode, and it's very much in line with SF4 and SF5 arcade mode. You select a character, you have a little story told in comic strips, you fight the CPU in multiple match, and then there's a new comic strip before the final fight, and a few more after it to conclude the character's story. Beyond that, you unlock illustrations by doing achievements in the story mode and arcade mode. And that's about it for the single player mode ! (On top of the training mode and combo challenges)

Honestly, if you don't really like fighting games, I don't think this game would be worth 60$ for you.

From what I’ve heard it has possibly the most robust singleplayer content of any fighting game. I’d still suggest waiting for a sale if you’re only playing singleplayer, though.
I think Mortal Kombat 11 still has more single player content. If not, then Mortal Kombat 1 will definitely be the new fighting game with the most single player content.
I think Mortal Kombat games are better suited for people who don't like fighting games that much.

You play Street Fighter to fight against your friends and to play online. The solo modes are just a neat (and needed, of course) thing you do when you're tired of playing online but you still want to play Street Fighter.

According to recent tests from the full PS5 game, is the input lag reduction setting really useful?
I think up to 3-4 frames of input lag is pretty fine so if it's not higher than that without the setting that's perfect.
I remember seing very distracting tearing of the kingdom screen when using it in the World Tour demo, but maybe they improved that too?

Since Sakura and Karin are usually my favorite characters to play as, I decided to try a character I've barely ever played seriously.
And since recently I've became addicted to play as King in Tekken 7, I decided why not try Zangief... God, he's so fun to play as lol. Just had 14 matchs against a Cammy player and it was awesome. They ended up winning 10 and me only 4 as I was litterally trying to understand Zangief on the fly, but it was great.

And I hope so much that Akira will come back... I was pretty much done with SF5 when she released, but I still had so much fun with her.

Give me Makoto and Akira please 🙏🙏

Anyone have tips on timing for linking moves together? I'm trying some of the combo trials and it seems really stringent, can't get to grips with it.

Anyone have tips on timing for linking moves together? I'm trying some of the combo trials and it seems really stringent, can't get to grips with it.
Just takes practice, check the replays to see if the AI delays at all. For a lot of the combos in this game you can kind of just buffer the next input way ahead of time and get away with it though.

well gee, i sure do love having to scan a QR code and then make a account to be able to play this game :-/

Messed around with the arcade mode and some online. The reversal mechanic/new stamina bar is a game changer. I am very much in love with this game so far.

Check out the new Day in the Life-episode, Paolo is visiting Capcom!

I won an online match! I can’t believe it! Someone out there is worse at this game than me!

I’m having so much fun. I haven’t really played a fighting game for more than a few minutes since Tekken 4. My SF experience is a few summers with an arcade cabinet SFII, Alpha 3 on PSP, and SFIV for like thirty minutes. I can do fireballs and dragon punches, and that’s the extent of my knowledge. So I’m using the modern controls and loving it! The game makes me feel like I know what I’m doing even though I clearly don’t. It’s great!

I want to play this game even though I'm the worst at fighting games but I feel like this one is the perfect entry point between new modern controls and the in-game guides.

Need to finish off my placement matches. Got stomped a few times, which I sorta expected, but did match with someone around my level and that was a blast.

Not me destroying some lvl 1 avatars in Battle Hub with my lvl 20 avatar who has twice the HP, twice the super, an ultra, and punch way harder.

Playing online is great fun. The World Tour mode is long and grindy AF (Yakuza fans might enjoy it), though the real challenge is finding time to play.

Haven't jumped online yet, just been in practice mode and learning some of Kimberly's bread and butter combos.

This really made me realize I am not too comfy with my QCF and QCB inputs on the Dualsense's dpad ^^;

I'll get better though. She's super fun!

Didn't realize there was a demo up on Steam, I'm gonna take a whack at that after I get home.

Quoted by: em
Didn't realize there was a demo up on Steam, I'm gonna take a whack at that after I get home.
There's not much to the demo. Just a tutorial and a chance to explore Luke and Ryu's, as well as the beginning of the World Tour adventure mode.

There's not much to the demo. Just a tutorial and a chance to explore Luke and Ryu's, as well as the beginning of the World Tour adventure mode.
That's fine. I just wanna see how well the game will run on my PC and laptop, and I want to take Ryu out for a spin anyway. Also curious about the modern control scheme.

Okay, so I tried the demo on Steam, and I’m reminded that Capcom is full of programming wizards, too. It runs as smooth as butter even on my laptop. Modern controls are kinda throwing me off, but it’s fun to play that way. Beating up random schmoes in World Tour was also a delight.

The World Tour mode is long and grindy AF (Yakuza fans might enjoy it)
Yeah it's longer than what I expected. Good stuff imo.
Though yeah it starts to get grindy around when story ennemies get to lvl 20 or so.
There's a huge spike of lvl needed at that moment.
It felt to me like I was still fighting lvl 7 or 8 story ennemies, and then suddenly they were all lvl 20 lol
Hopefully it's pretty fast to level up if you fight ennemies at your level. (And I'm grinding money for buying gifts for the masters to get their alt costumes so leveling up isn't actually the most grindy activity of the mode for me lol)

been playing lots of Sim and loving it, but Modern Gief looks fun too. So far the only character I don't like is Manon, but luckily she's easy to beat with Dhalsim.

I'm shocked at how well I've been doing so far with Lily in ranked. I'm having a lot of fun. We should make a Famiclub in the CFN

We should! If no one else wants to, I can tackle it

Edit: I made one! Just search “Famiboards” and you’ll find it!
I'll join tomorrow after work. We should get some games in

I finally found time to jump back in last night. I just ran some casual matches with Cammy. I am really getting a feel for her move set. I had a really good back and forth with a Marisa. my counter was no help against that heavy punch, but there were still enough openings to do some damage.

I finally found time to jump back in last night. I just ran some casual matches with Cammy. I am really getting a feel for her move set. I had a really good back and forth with a Marisa. my counter was no help against that heavy punch, but there were still enough openings to do some damage.
Join the Famiboards club!

I only feel comfortable with Zangief, but I want to pick up Deejay, JP, Juri, or Kimberly, in part to understand how to approach them as Zangief (particularly DJ and JP), but also to be able to have a solid pocket character to fall back on.

I'll join the Famiboards club when I next log on.

I love how you can get beat up a bunch no biggie, but as soon as you end your opponents winning streak they leave real fast!

Back
Top Bottom