• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Street Fighter 6 |ST| The Next Generation Begins

So I gave DeeJay a go, but I'm still confusing his moves with their SSF2T versions and muscle memory is causing me to screw up big time. I put in my 10 ranked matches and wind up in bronze. I get totally wrecked by two JPs that I don't understand how to approach.

So then I jumped into ranked with JP in SF6, with zero lab time, and in 10 battles I was ranked 5 star gold.

All I did was spam QCF+K and DD+P, using D+HP as anti air when necessary. I only lost to some platinum ranked players who knew the game/characters much, much better than I did -- when I dropped inputs as I often did, they were able to majorly capitalize on those mistakes, but if i was more consistent I think I would have beat them as well, knowing nothing about anything.

Finally, the boy is back!

Now can we get Abel back too?

jJ1od9J.jpeg

I'm mixed. Love Bison, Elena looks amazing, I like the inclusion of either Terry or Mai but 2 of them at once feels like they're taking away a spot from a Capcom veteran or newcomer. But it's gonna draw a lot of eyes and this game is going to be even bigger in Asia now.

Bison trailer leaked, watch it before it gets taken down:
[Edit]: It was taken down lol. Only took an hour.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of them finally doing something different with Bison.

M Bison is probably the one that I am least excited about, if only because he was inevitable. Stoked for Terry though.

Terry was literally the only crossover character I would have been ok to see in SF6 so happy to see him. Mai coming along is ok but honestly would have prefered if it was a brand new character like AKI instead. I hope this is where the guest characters end.

Kinda annoyed Bison is back.. to have the whole theming of the game being about the fall of shadoloo and setting up JP as his sort of sucessor only for them to go "Somehow palpatine returned" is such a copout.

Elena is hype. Always down for more SF3 rep. I hope she has double the anim frames of all the other char again lol. It be kinda funny.

I don't play Street Fighter but I love the game's presentation. Bison/Vega gives off massive chunibyou vibes (hush my cursed, evil arm) and that horse is so stupid extra. I love it.

Terry AND Mai ?! Love it.

Elena is a very good pick.

And Bison now has big Raoh energy with the big ass horse lol

poster04.jpg

Love all the season 2 additions. I hope when the inevitable Switch 2 port of SF6 comes it comes bundled with all the characters lol
They'll probably do an Arcade edition after season 3 or so, I imagine that would be a good moment to port it to Switch 2.

Love all the season 2 additions. I hope when the inevitable Switch 2 port of SF6 comes it comes bundled with all the characters lol

Super Street Fighter 6 please with all dlc

No one can know if this is all correct at this point but the Capcom leak had Super and Ultra editions planned post release.
I could see the first one coming next year or the year after and coinciding with the Switch 2 release.

No one can know if this is all correct at this point but the Capcom leak had Super and Ultra editions planned post release.
I could see the first one coming next year or the year after and coinciding with the Switch 2 release.
Yeah I agree with that and really hope it's the case because I'm not paying 50 for a season + outfits

Working trailer link.

Friendship ended with JP, now Bipson is my best friend.

Honestly Bison looks great, even if he's still slower than in SF4. Anti-fireball Psycho Crusher, comboing off of Knee Press, extra hits on Devil's Reverse.

I don't mind any of the picks in isolation (except maybe Bison, who doesn't need to be here at all, but at least he looks kind of juiced), but... man. All the way to Winter 2025 with only two more actual Street Fighter characters. One crossover character would have been great, although I would have preferred them maybe next season, instead.

Working trailer link.

Friendship ended with JP, now Bipson is my best friend.

Honestly Bison looks great, even if he's still slower than in SF4. Anti-fireball Psycho Crusher, comboing off of Knee Press, extra hits on Devil's Reverse.

With his DR range/speed(at 1:22 in the video) he sure can in reeeeal quick. Literal jumpscare the first time I saw that Drive Rush 💀

I don't mind any of the picks in isolation (except maybe Bison, who doesn't need to be here at all, but at least he looks kind of juiced), but... man. All the way to Winter 2025 with only two more actual Street Fighter characters. One crossover character would have been great, although I would have preferred them maybe next season, instead.

Yeah, this is some of the sentiment online. M Bison somehow returning and two guest characters means no new character or less chances a long time main makes a return until very far into the future. This is compounded by the fact there is only 4 characters per season.
Probably related to just how much work goes into each character. Animation and everything else is just sublime on these characters.

Speakng on which, M. Bison is coming out sooner than Rashid was(he was in July.) Depending on how things are spaced out, we could be seeing another AKI--->ED type of wait.

I will say though, seeing Terry and Mai in SF when they have historically not done guest characters is almost guaranteeing that Capcom vs SNK 3 is going to be a thing.I seem to recall some collab artwork between SF and SNK and their booths at some event(might've been EVO 2023) being right next to each other. But seeing this season pass, it is a clear sign that the two studios are talking to one another. Which is how these type of projects actually happen. We know how important "relationships" are to Japanese studio/publisher collaborations.

So, got my ultimate copy back in that price error a few months back, thinking of finally jumping in this weekend, any newcomers tips? Also think I’m stuck with modern, hopefully it doesn’t mess up my thumb as easily as normal fighting game controls(it locks up when I put too much pressure on it)

So, got my ultimate copy back in that price error a few months back, thinking of finally jumping in this weekend, any newcomers tips? Also think I’m stuck with modern, hopefully it doesn’t mess up my thumb as easily as normal fighting game controls(it locks up when I put too much pressure on it)
Just play and have fun first, see if world tour interests you. Have a look at the ingame character guides and try and find out what character clicks with you most first if you feel like jumping online.

Just play and have fun first, see if world tour interests you. Have a look at the ingame character guides and try and find out what character clicks with you most first if you feel like jumping online.
Hahah, k. Bigger problem is who should I base my CAC off of, Ryoma, Lina Inverse, Terryman, Rock Lee, Kuwabara or heck Cyborg Guy

....people realize that when they say winter 2025 they mean january-march ....right? So a 9 month period from summer - spring instead of a year and a half.

The game has had 1 dlc character per season, even with Ed coming in late. Why would that suddenly change now? Especially when that's how most fighting games are set up

....people realize that when they say winter 2025 they mean january-march ....right? So a 9 month period from summer - spring instead of a year and a half.

The game has had 1 dlc character per season, even with Ed coming in late. Why would that suddenly change now? Especially when that's how most fighting games are set up
Fair.

I don't think it really does much to fix the issue with the actual constituency of the season, though. Ideally if they wanted to throw in both the guest characters, they would have simply gone with one this season and one the next.

Back
Top Bottom