• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Street Fighter 6 [PS|XBS|PC] Pre-release Discussion Thread (Updates in Threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

more-star-wars.gif

I hope we get a lot of info, including videos showcasing Lily, Cammy, and Zangief, during the Capcom Pro Tour in mid-February.

All caught up on the currently properly revealed roster now. Time for more fighter reveal trailers!

Been waiting to see Cammy's redesign in game ever since the concept art leaked. Best design, period.

Really hate the way Cammy looks, but glad to see Gief is better than ever. I like the new T Hawk but I hope the original is still coming in Wave 2 DLC.

Just a few more hours! Fully expect them to announce the first season pass and perhaps another beta ahead of release.

Also, forgot to post these:

Just watched the showcase. World Tour is a lot meatier than I expected, there’s at least two full cities to walk around in. And that’s great! SP content will help a lot with the casual appeal.

The various training modes and toggles are wild, too. Basically has everything you need to get started on competitive, from slowdown to help nail the timing to even in-game hints on ideal character playstyles.

Oh man, there's a demo?! That's sick. Downloading now and I'll play it tonight!

Played about a half an hour if the demo, didn’t even finish the world tour mode portion, and decided that I was sold and didn’t want to go any further. The idea that you can just fight random people in the street, and there are RPG elements, is maybe the most brilliant idea for a fighting game I’ve ever seen. This game is gonna be big, really big.

The idea that you can just fight random people in the street, and there are RPG elements, is maybe the most brilliant idea for a fighting game I’ve ever seen
World Tour is essentially an RPG where the battle system is a full-fat fighting game, which is something Legend of Legaia and arguably the Tales series have dabbled in, but of course not to this extent. It was undoubtedly a colossal undertaking on the part of the devs, and I hope SF6 sells gangbusters to justify the cost.

I played SF IV casually with friends wayyy back, and loved that it came to 3DS following that. SFV never grabbed my attention as I tend to play solo these days and am not into a competitive scene.

I just gave the demo for this a run as I had it downloaded, wanted to get it in before something comes out on Friday and…. wow??! The single player seems to take some lessons out of Splatoon‘s book, and evolves it in a way that I’ve been wanting from that series! That was a delight, this is on my radar now.

EDIT: any idea how long the single player mode is gonna be?

Last edited:
didn’t see any sort of review thread for this, so figure can add it here but getting rave reviews. Gonna dove into them a little more later in the day. A little bummed it sounds like World Tour mode is a bit of a let down though.

I can't wait for this Friday.
Last time I was that hype for a fighting game (a traditional one, not counting Smash), was for the OG Street Fighter 4 release that I bought day one on Xbox 360 back then.
Still got SF5 day one too on PS4, but god that day one package was disappointing. It ultimately turned into a great game, but I'm so glad to see that SF6 will be stellar from day one.

Is there an adapter that can be used to let Xbox controllers be used on a playststion and vice versa?

I have a situation where some of the people in the group will get this on playstation but I have a series s. Basically it would be nice to be able to have my console as an extra system to play on, but controller compatability is the issue here.

Is there an adapter that can be used to let Xbox controllers be used on a playststion and vice versa?

I have a situation where some of the people in the group will get this on playstation but I have a series s. Basically it would be nice to be able to have my console as an extra system to play on, but controller compatability is the issue here.

Brook Wingman XB

Mayflash Magic-X

I see these adapters brought up all the time, so I want to stop and address it. Neither of these lets you hook up an Xbox controller to a PS5 and play PS5 games. You can't currently do that on a PS5. The adapter will let you hook up a Dualsense to an Xbox but not the reverse.

That said, Street Fighter 6 has cross-platform multiplayer. Do some research to make sure I didn't get my wires crossed, but you should be able to buy the game on Xbox and play with your PS5 friends.

I see these adapters brought up all the time, so I want to stop and address it. Neither of these lets you hook up an Xbox controller to a PS5 and play PS5 games. You can't currently do that on a PS5. The adapter will let you hook up a Dualsense to an Xbox but not the reverse.

That said, Street Fighter 6 has cross-platform multiplayer. Do some research to make sure I didn't get my wires crossed, but you should be able to buy the game on Xbox and play with your PS5 friends.
I'm talking about in person play, not online, we meet up and play games on Saturdays

There really isn't an adapter to use Xbox controllers on a ps5 huh? That's diaspointing and weird, why wouldn't there be.

Quoted by: em
There really isn't an adapter to use Xbox controllers on a ps5 huh? That's diaspointing and weird, why wouldn't there be.

Both Sony and Microsoft have been pretty controlling about who can make 3rd party controllers and under what conditions, unfortunately. The licensing is backed up by hardware DRM that's difficult to bypass.

Been struggling (and failing) to get into fightings games for ages, and my dumb ass still wants to buy this... after Zelda at least

I'm not really a Street Fighter guy and usually I don't pay much attention to game reviews but the praise this is getting definitely has my attention. I don't think I'll get it at launch (especially not after getting Zelda), but I'll keep an eye on it.

I had an absolute blast scrubbin' it out with Modern controls during the beta - focusing on timing and strategy instead of execution was really interesting. I tried Classic controls for a short bit but...I just can't make them work like I can with a stick, and I don't want to lay out for a stick for one game.

Modern controls are dope, I'd recommend anyone who finds fighting games a bit daunting to get into to give them a shot, especially if you've played and stuck with Smash. They're not the usual poorly implemented automatic controls from past fighting games.

Been planning on getting this day one for the longest time because it looks so dope, but as a complete fighting game noob, it makes a lot more sense for me to wait for a complete edition and/or deep sale.

Really looking forward to playing this eventually, though, especially for World Tour. But I'm in no rush.

My biggest hope is that SF6 gets a release on Switch or Switch 2. Just give me my fighting games on my handhelds. Please.

My biggest hope is that SF6 gets a release on Switch or Switch 2. Just give me my fighting games on my handhelds. Please.

I don't think there is a shot of it coming to the current Switch systems. Switch 2 doesn't seem impossible though.

Got some vouchers from work, so grabbing this. Skipped SFV completely, but looking forward to this, maybe I'll even put some effort in to learn how to not be absolutely terrible.

My apologies. I was hoping to have the ST up by this morning, but life got in the way. I will have it ready to go this afternoon, probably closer to midnight in Europe.

I don't think there is a shot of it coming to the current Switch systems. Switch 2 doesn't seem impossible though.
The game is on the ps4 and Capcom loves porting games around. I'm sure the next Nintendo system will get the game. They could probably pull off a Switch port but sf6 is going to get years of support and I don't think they'd want to commit to supporting a Switch version for the next several years.

The game is on the ps4 and Capcom loves porting games around. I'm sure the next Nintendo system will get the game. They could probably pull off a Switch port but sf6 is going to get years of support and I don't think they'd want to commit to supporting a Switch version for the next several years.
MT Framework Mobile was awesome, allowed Capcom to bring console level games to handhelds, like SF4 on 3DS or MvC3 on Vita. They no longer have such thing, Capcom rather releases cloud versions of their games on Switch.

ST is live! Thank you to @MissingNo. for hosting the pre-release thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom