• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Strategy Games |ST| Romance of the Unicorn Tactica

i think that persona tactica sold well enough to convince atlus to try and do one again
Has it? The physical edition has been in fire sale mode in the US for the last 2-3 weeks. Which would strongly suggest that Sega overprinted it relative to demand.

simply put, i think devil survivor is one of the best stratgey jrpgs there is out there.
I said it several times on this forum but Devil Survivor was my gateway game to MegaTen and will always hold a special place in my heart because of that. It's simple enough for beginners to get into while retaining a nice, decent challenge. Hopefully we'll either get ports, or better yet, a third game in the future.

I said it several times on this forum but Devil Survivor was my gateway game to MegaTen and will always hold a special place in my heart because of that. It's simple enough for beginners to get into while retaining a nice, decent challenge. Hopefully we'll either get ports, or better yet, a third game in the future.
Strange journey was my "first" smt game outside of persona 5. And yeah, i like the durararara artist's work on the character designs of devil survivor as well too.

🎉 Heroes of Might & Magic III: Horn of the Abyss 1.7 is finally out after like 2+ years of development! 🎉

This is the big one people have been waiting for since it adds an 11th town type to the game and a new campaign centered around the new faction.

EDIT: Here's some good overviews of the changes in 1.61 (adds the wasteland terrain) and 1.7 (11th town type: factory)

Last edited:
I completed the golden ending route on hard mode in Triangle Strategy and it was a blast. This is a gem of a game and it's disappointing that some people still write it off as a Final Fantasy Tactics clone to this day. Finished every branching path, recruited all characters, promoted them to elite & completed their weapon upgrade trees, and even got crowns on all the training missions.

Hopefully we'll see a Triangle Strategy II in the near future!

It is the 15th anniversary of Devil Survivor, one of the best godamn SRPG I've played. The story, the routes, even the character design (which I know its divisive, but I can't hate Yasuda)

It is the 15th anniversary of Devil Survivor, one of the best godamn SRPG I've played. The story, the routes, even the character design (which I know its divisive, but I can't hate Yasuda)

I would love to play this at some point. Maybe now that we’re beginning to see DS remasters and remakes it’ll be on the list along with so many other great DS RPGs and strategy games.

I would love to play this at some point. Maybe now that we’re beginning to see DS remasters and remakes it’ll be on the list along with so many other great DS RPGs and strategy games.
I'd recommend the 3DS version. More content, better difficulty options (the DS version's difficulty spiking was brutal) and also fixed an issue where a section of the original DS English release was accidentally left in Japanese.

I've praised this game more then enough on this forum so I'll just say that I also like the character designs for this series. They give the series a distinct style that separates it from the rest MegaTen franchise. Also I like the opening song of the original DS version over the one in the 3DS version.

Still got my fingers crossed for a localisation for this one, because I really like what I see.

Hopefully NIS do the right thing.

I completed the golden ending route on hard mode in Triangle Strategy and it was a blast. This is a gem of a game
I needed a new handheld tactics game to play now that I've conquered World of Horror a few times and this is it- my Hard playthrough up to Chapter 5 has been nothing but pure gaming bliss so far- honestly, I geek out almost every time I seamlessly rotate the camera.

The underlying mechanics of your units on the battlefield (and off) is a real joy to play. Wow.

Missed this absolute banger of an announcement somehow:

It was previously announced, but being confirmed to release this year, and on Xbox too, is great to see!

Missed this absolute banger of an announcement somehow:

It was previously announced, but being confirmed to release this year, and on Xbox too, is great to see!
Ooh yeah, that’s great news! I still need to properly get into AoE IV, from what I did play it seemed fantastic on Xbox!

One of these days I’m going to play Gladius again and write a post about it here

Finished my replay of SRWV and Koji's priorities always crack me up

jZkW9Nf.jpg

skqEqw9.jpg

4yJSGRA.jpg

SSE3ttL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom