• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Starfield Metascore Prediction Thread

Starfield will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Definitely 90+. I have a very good feeling about this, so much so that it might be Bethesda's greatest work ever.

See you in the review thread, where you can laugh at me when this turns out to be a black hole.

It's getting a lot of buzz and hype. I wouldn't be shocked if it goes higher but I'm thinking the lower mid 90s (like 93 or 94)

0, the true score for all media that endorses Imagine Dragons

serious answer, low to mid 80s like Fallout 4

12 hours.

Guys im scared. im shaking. I am cold.

it hurts all over my body. the reason why I got a XSX has come to this day. the reason why I started playing the early RPG like baldur's gate and morrowind and fallout and ultima... it was all because of this day. because of this game.

this game that will not only be the last significant game of all time. but also the game that will counter-attack and kill fortnight and all the other "Omg free to play phenomenon". Creation club on this... its going to be... I cant write anymore. I cant. I have to hide under my desk.

I just cant. I just cant....

I predict 89, slightly marked down for some bare and dull locations (100s of planets), and some dialogue/animation jank that holds the main story and side quests back a small amount. Still considered a great title. User's will be even happier, especially when mods come out. My personal interest in the game is not particularly high (not a big fan of Modern Bethesda RPGs gameplay) but the NASA punk aesthetic is excellent, and I don't see how Skyrim+ in space doesn't do at least pretty well.

First review came and it was 8.5
And Gamestar seems like it wont give a great score.
I reckon we are going to get a lot of mixed reviews.
a week ago I though t this will get 93 and be a Game of the year contender now after the leaks and impressions Im hearing and reading I will go for 84

As always, voting with the heart.

LFG.

12 hours.

Guys im scared. im shaking. I am cold.

it hurts all over my body. the reason why I got a XSX has come to this day. the reason why I started playing the early RPG like baldur's gate and morrowind and fallout and ultima... it was all because of this day. because of this game.

this game that will not only be the last significant game of all time. but also the game that will counter-attack and kill fortnight and all the other "Omg free to play phenomenon". Creation club on this... its going to be... I cant write anymore. I cant. I have to hide under my desk.

I just cant. I just cant....

Isn’t this that GAF copypasta?

It's been an awful year for the 89 curse, when even Nintendo gets 3 games in the 90's it means it's probably over.
BUT TODAY IS THE DAY OF RECKONING, 89 FOR STARFIELD

It should be at 95-96, but I've no doubts that between some fanboys with fake accounts and a few media outlets that didn't receive a download code/copy on UK, it'll land in the 89-91... :p

i mean BG3 got a 96 and i dealt with more severe bugs in that game than any Bethesda game outside of... New Vegas, which was Obsidian.
The best Bethesda game.
8c6.gif

92, but the Imagine Dragons song might take it down to 89.
Hm, the Switch had a Imagine Dragon themed commercial during the Super Bowl and look where Nintendo is now.

Also, dragons were in Skyrim and it was a big hit. Plus the name is Imagine Dragons, not Imagine Robert or Imagine Platypus. So it gives a +3 Charisma.
There was a game publisher named Imagineer who released some original games on the N64, like Fighter's Destiny and its points system and its sequel with a RPG board game, or Quest 64 / Holy Magic Centaury.

My point is, I don't know where I'm going with this bit.

86 on OpenCritic for now.

Obviously we should expect it to change, but there's already over 50 reviews so 90+ feels out of reach. I guess my optimistic prediction was wrong. Still excited to give this a go once I'm done with BG3 though!

Back
Top Bottom