• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Star Wars: Battlefront Collection - Update 1 Patch Notes

Been playing the game offline (afraid to try online because of the bad press) and aside from various bugs i've come across, i'm quite enjoying it.
What i'm not enjoying however are the no invert controls in the vehicle combat. Seriously what a gross oversight.
Hopefully they patch that in.
For now because of that, that part of the game feels broken for me :(
Edit: Add gyro controls as well. Been playing WarFace with gyro and going to this game after playing that one feels so archaic.

develpers are at least aware of the (apparently many) possible issues/bugs
they sent out a pretty detailed note to reviewers about these issues, assuring they will be fixed

develpers are at least aware of the (apparently many) possible issues/bugs
they sent out a pretty detailed note to reviewers about these issues, assuring they will be fixed
I tried looking up the source, and instead came across articles from two news sources that Aspyr stole code from a modder and sent it to clear certification??

What the fuck. I made an account specifically to message the developers respectfully asking to reconsider their stance on allowing cross-platform online multiplayer, and they're pulling this kind of nonsense? I thought they were supposed to be better than this?

I tried looking up the source, and instead came across articles from two news sources that Aspyr stole code from a modder and sent it to clear certification??

What the fuck. I made an account specifically to message the developers respectfully asking to reconsider their stance on allowing cross-platform online multiplayer, and they're pulling this kind of nonsense? I thought they were supposed to be better than this?
I'm gonna wait to see where this goes but man, I feel like I'll never trust Aspyr.
KoToR 1 crashing, KoToR 2 Restored content promised for preorders then cancelled after release... now this.

Aspyr's track record is really awful, honestly. Before this, they had made promises that the Switch version of KOTOR2 would get three restored content mod as DLC...and then that didn't happen, allegedly because Aspyr couldn't get in contact with the original modder. Which sucked for anyone that bought the game with the expectation that the DLC was on its way.

Aspyr's track record is really awful, honestly. Before this, they had made promises that the Switch version of KOTOR2 would get three restored content mod as DLC...and then that didn't happen, allegedly because Aspyr couldn't get in contact with the original modder. Which sucked for anyone that bought the game with the expectation that the DLC was on its way.
Evidently I've been out of the loop, because I thought they were held in higher esteem.

If that's the case, I guess I'll be holding off for a deep sale and hope that most bugs are fixed by then. Online may unfortunately be dead but at least I can probably count on a few friends willing to join in for online shenanigans.

That wasn't the reason, it was Disney that refused to use that person's mod and cancelled the DLC. Their lawsuit stated "a third party objected", which was Disney.

Aspyr's Star Wars game release decisions come from Disney, they don't pick the games. And only the Star Wars games are problematic, their other releases are just fine, like Civ 6 on Switch or Tomb Raider Trilogy.
If that's the case, I guess I'll be holding off for a deep sale and hope that most bugs are fixed by then. Online may unfortunately be dead but at least I can probably count on a few friends willing to join in for online shenanigans.
Switch version has none of the bugs that persist in the PC version. I've been playing it for more than 15 hours without any problems, silky smooth 60 fps, no weird bugs. There is one big problem though, original FMV's were replaced and they caused a size problem in the game. Some of the original FMV's are also completely missing. This is definitely a Disney problem.

Oh, and the game still doesn't have inverted controls, just like the originals.

That wasn't the reason, it was Disney that refused to use that person's mod and cancelled the DLC. Their lawsuit stated "a third party objected", which was Disney.

Aspyr's Star Wars game release decisions come from Disney, they don't pick the games. And only the Star Wars games are problematic, their other releases are just fine, like Civ 6 on Switch or Tomb Raider Trilogy.
Tomb Raider Trilogy has its own issues, like launching with a "modern" control scheme that was nonsensical.

And also, if the Disney block really was the case, it was still stupid to promise content as DLC that hadn't been signed off on.

Tomb Raider Trilogy has its own issues, like launching with a "modern" control scheme that was nonsensical.

And also, if the Disney block really was the case, it was still stupid to promise content as DLC that hadn't been signed off on.
I don't know, I absolutely liked the modern controls on Switch. Works pretty fine. Aiming could have been the problem with modern controls but the original TR games don't have too many enemies on screen at once, so it's not really.

There was one big problem though. Keys retained the size in stages but with the new lightning they were difficult to spot. The last patch has fixed this.

And yes. over-promising is something Disney does all the time. They hear you but they don't care. I'm pretty cautious about that Epic Mickey remake.

Update 1 Patch Notes

The Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection has received its first major post-launch update fixing a myriad of issues.
A few of the major fixes include:
  • [BF1][BF2] Fixed Invert Y-Axis option to be visible.
  • [BF2] Fixed an issue where the zoom-in scope crosshair image would not appropriately fit widescreen displays.
  • [BF1][Audio] Fixed the Battlefront 1 loading screen sounds.
  • [BF1][BF2] Fixed an issue where the audio outputs would reverse.
  • [BF2] Fixed the reinforcements to correctly deduct 1 reinforcement when the Republic or Rebels die on Death Star.
  • [BF2] Rise of the Empire cutscenes are fixed (not listed in notes for some reason)
These are just a handful of the fixes included in the patch notes. The update is available now on Steam and is in certification for consoles and will be available soon.

source is me: I received it as review guide
some of these issues were public, some weren't so I can't share details

I know nothing about this and I find it a little hard to believe

Good, they anticipated reviewers about being at work to fix the issues
some of these were listed in their review guide too

Hopefully this patch will be up on switch by the time I get home from work
That no invert is killing me hard in this game.
Like literally killing me. I’ve crashed into more walker feet and gun turret than you can shake a stick at.
Getting mad right now just thinking about it lol

I know nothing about this and I find it a little hard to believe
I'm in multiple discords with shaymin and we've examined the files from both the PC and Switch versions of the game and they are his mod 100%. The post-patch doesn't use them as the active files but they are still present "on disc". They were active and used in the base 1.000 build that some players managed to download on Switch and PS5.

I'm in multiple discords with shaymin and we've examined the files from both the PC and Switch versions of the game and they are his mod 100%. The post-patch doesn't use them as the active files but they are still present "on disc". They were active and used in the base 1.000 build that some players managed to download on Switch and PS5.

oh wow this is...very bad..!

Aspyr brass really should've fought for a week delay, now the game's rep is ruined and likely the online will die quickly.

Aspyr brass really should've fought for a week delay, now the game's rep is ruined and likely the online will die quickly.
Yeah it's such a shame. The long term population is absolutely going to be lower because of this stupid 5-days-too-early launch

I've been keeping up with this and...it's crazy how this entire collection could have been such a high point in their classic Star Wars games porting resume and now they've soiled it.

PC people are especially angry too.

I really thought this would have been a slam dunk.

The game is glitchy but that didn't stop me to have 30 hours of single player skirmishes. I'll probably do another 30 after the patch as well.

Also, checked the old ones on Vita after playing this, totally forgot they too were glitchfests. Still, tons of fun.

Back
Top Bottom