• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Star Wars: Battlefront Collection - Update 1 Patch Notes

Shmullus

Please state the nature of the medical emergency.

The Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection has received its first major post-launch update fixing a myriad of issues.
A few of the major fixes include:

• [BF1][BF2] Fixed Invert Y-Axis option to be visible.
    • [BF2] Fixed an issue where the zoom-in scope crosshair image would not appropriately fit widescreen displays.
    • [BF1][Audio] Fixed the Battlefront 1 loading screen sounds.
    • [BF1][BF2] Fixed an issue where the audio outputs would reverse.
    • [BF2] Fixed the reinforcements to correctly deduct 1 reinforcement when the Republic or Rebels die on Death Star.
    • [BF2] Rise of the Empire cutscenes are fixed (not listed in notes for some reason)
These are just a handful of the fixes included in the patch notes. The update is available now on Steam and is in certification for consoles and will be available soon.

This is probably my most hyped game of the year. I played the original SWBF2 online on the PS2 for years in a clan doing tournaments and stuff.

I'm so excited to play a MP game again with no unlocks, no leveling, no grind of any kind.

Last edited:
Shame about the lack of cross-platform online, especially for games this old, but I'll still get this day one and I hope they can enable it in the future.

Shame about the lack of cross-platform online, especially for games this old, but I'll still get this day one and I hope they can enable it in the future.
Jedi Academy on Switch was launched with online crossplay against PC. That wasn't a good thing though, seasoned PC Jedi Academy players absolutely annihilated the players on Switch, so Aspyr had to shut the crossplay down. But we know that Aspyr remasters can allow crossplay, we just need it only between consoles, leaving advantageous PC players out.

Jedi Academy on Switch was launched with online crossplay against PC. That wasn't a good thing though, seasoned PC Jedi Academy players absolutely annihilated the players on Switch, so Aspyr had to shut the crossplay down. But we know that Aspyr remasters can allow crossplay, we just need it only between consoles, leaving advantageous PC players out.
Ah yeah, like I'm sure at least even the choice to allow all console players, and/or PC players, or exclusively other Switch players, but hopefully they'll consider it in a future update.

Ah yeah, like I'm sure at least even the choice to allow all console players, and/or PC players, or exclusively other Switch players, but hopefully they'll consider it in a future update.
The game got very technical and high skill over time. A lot of old console players are coming back with the collection and there are a lot of techniques that are going to give them a huge advantage over new players/players who only played the old game offline.

Like did you know you can throw detpacks a sizable distance?

Can't wait to play next week, really hope they do a physical as it's the only thing holding me off from buying it on Switch (already bought it digital on Steam).

Oh, no, I forgot about this. This is going to make it take me even longer to finish Rebirth!

Preload is live on Switch and Xbox. Should go live on PlayStation on Tuesday.

I just noticed too the Steam and Xbox listing include up to 64p LAN, which isn't something you see often, maybe that means it'll include a server browser and a way to host custom games like the originals.

I know this is lame and nerdy, but on the off chance any other nerds wanted to, I love that key art of the troopers so much and I saw the Xbox/PS5 have that as their icon on the dashboards. If anyone else wanted to submit feedback and kindly ask them to consider updating it if the opportunity arises, you can do that here! https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I know this is lame and nerdy, but on the off chance any other nerds wanted to, I love that key art of the troopers so much and I saw the Xbox/PS5 have that as their icon on the dashboards. If anyone else wanted to submit feedback and kindly ask them to consider updating it if the opportunity arises, you can do that here! https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Switch received the day 1 patch yesterday and it changed the icon to the classic trooper icon, in addition to increasing the size of the game to approximately 30GB.

The previous icon was only temporary, it seems.

Switch received the day 1 patch yesterday and it changed the icon to the classic trooper icon, in addition to increasing the size of the game to approximately 30GB.

Holy shit. Huge. Thanks for letting me know!

On that note, is Force Unleashed’s icon still the title on black background? I see on switchiconshowdown that’s what it is, but every once in a while I notice there’s a game I look for on there that isn’t in the database.

So I didn’t know if perhaps Aspyr ever updated that one too and it’s one of the rare missing ones.

Yeah it seems they really changed the icon, for the better:
i-caved-and-bought-the-classic-collection-v0-b85ik8ymvvnc1.jpeg

Hopefully Aspyr touches the Tomb Raider one too. It's also logo on a black background. Would love to see some Lara on my home screen :)

Down to just 24 hours in the US.

18e35f85da180-screenshotUrl.jpg

Dudes... I am so damn excited for this.

On that note, is Force Unleashed’s icon still the title on black background? I see on switchiconshowdown that’s what it is, but every once in a while I notice there’s a game I look for on there that isn’t in the database.

So I didn’t know if perhaps Aspyr ever updated that one too and it’s one of the rare missing ones.
I dont know, i dont have Force Unleashed

Two of my favourite games of all time, this collection is a dream for me. I would have been ok even with just 2, but also the first battlefront included. Man, can´t wait for tomorrow, one of the most important launchs of the year for me.

That said, 30 GB?? That's crazy for these games, I imagine they didn't even compress a single MB.

Yeah it seems they really changed the icon, for the better:
i-caved-and-bought-the-classic-collection-v0-b85ik8ymvvnc1.jpeg

Hopefully Aspyr touches the Tomb Raider one too. It's also logo on a black background. Would love to see some Lara on my home screen :)

maybe this patch changes the menu icon

Two of my favourite games of all time, this collection is a dream for me. I would have been ok even with just 2, but also the first battlefront included. Man, can´t wait for tomorrow, one of the most important launchs of the year for me.

That said, 30 GB?? That's crazy for these games, I imagine they didn't even compress a single MB.
On pc is the same size. I'd say it's because it includes the textures in high quality.

Game is out in some regions and in influencers. It has a server browser and custom games on all platforms!

Game has no invert aim option, this is especially bad on PS4/5 since it isn't reading the system defaults you can set.

Well, that ruins the game for me.

Gotta say the last time I’ve been this hyped over a star wars game was for those ones that were on GameCube.
Especially that one where they made you play through all the iconic scenes from the first three movies. You had to grapple hook up the under belly of the AT-AT and slash it with your saber (can’t remember the name of that game)
But anyway, are the battlefront games better than rogue squadron etc ?

Gotta say the last time I’ve been this hyped over a star wars game was for those ones that were on GameCube.
Especially that one where they made you play through all the iconic scenes from the first three movies. You had to grapple hook up the under belly of the AT-AT and slash it with your saber (can’t remember the name of that game)
But anyway, are the battlefront games better than rogue squadron etc ?
They are very different styles of games

Game has no invert aim option, this is especially bad on PS4/5 since it isn't reading the system defaults you can set.

Well, that ruins the game for me.
To update on this.

So I just deleted my preload and re-downloaded it.

They definitely pulled the 1.002 update, my preload is now 1.000 and is only 25GB compared to the 31GB the 1.002 one was.

It seems like 1.002 messed something up and caused the Y-Axis Invert option to be missing

Currently downloading the game and I really want someone at Aspyr to look me in the eyes and explain me how a collection of two upscaled PS2 games can have a bigger file size than TOTK. 25 GB on Switch (57 GB on PS5/Series!) is absolutely ridiculous.

Currently downloading the game and I really want someone at Aspyr to look me in the eyes and explain me how a collection of two upscaled PS2 games can have a bigger file size than TOTK. 25 GB on Switch (57 GB on PS5/Series!) is absolutely ridiculous.
Listen, buddy, you're not going to believe the things these Stormtroopers can fuse to their blasters.

probably not worth the effort to get each of the 3 platform holders to green light cross play , so the only other option is PC, but there's a skill gap there.

only nintendo has mastered the unnatural art of compressing your shit

Totk is just dlc confirmed?/s

In fact after the day one patch the switch file size is 33 GB. A bit too much.

Seeing videos of these games makes me wish a Star Fox Battlefront game like these with more air combat sections lol.

This has been a mess, there a ton of gamebreaking issues that are making it needless difficult for people to play.

1. Y-Axis Inversion
    • We have discovered that the launch patch for the Classic Collection (1.002.000 on PS5, 1.02 on PS4, Switch, and Xbox) is causing the Y-Axis Invert option to disappear and any profiles made on 1.000.000 to not be usable. As such the default settings for inversion are stuck, that means Normal for on foot and ground vehicles and inverted flying starfighters. This is entirely unacceptable. We know the option is there from people who were able to download the 1.000.000 version (that has since had 1.002.000 forced, at least in North America). Not being able to invert the Y-Axis has rendered the Classic Collection unplayable for me and many others. Conversely the Y-Axis being stuck on inverted for flying has rendered Space impossible to play for others.
  2. Aim Acceleration and Deadzones
    • The Classic Collection has no deadzones and no deadzone settings. As such even the slightest touch of your analog stick causes movement and if you have one with drift you have uncontrollable movement. Using a DualSense Edge and manually adjusting the deadzones for the sticks can remedy this, but one shouldn't need to buy a $200 controller to have decent controls in the Classic Collection.
    • Related to this is the aim acceleration. In Star Wars: Battlefront II in particular the aim acceleration is incredibly inconsistent making it wildly difficult to aim with any amount of precision. These two issues are making the Classic Collection needlessly difficult to play.
  3. Framerate in Custom Online Matches
    • There seems to be an issue with custom online matches whether either the host or other players in a custom game are locked to 29-30fps. This seems to be tied to the TPS (ticks per second/tickrate/hz) of the custom matches which are set by default to 30hz and are unable to be adjusted. Playing in Aspyr PC Dedicated Servers do not seem to have this issue. In theory this should be an easy fix for Aspyr. They should also release the PC Dedicated software so we can host our own dedicated servers, but that is not a gamebreaking issue.
  4. Unable to Spawn in Matches
    • There are multiple problems causing the same end user issue here. If a player is vote kicked from a match it can cause players to be unable to spawn, getting stuck at 1 on the spawn countdown screen. Leaving the game is the only way to fix it.
    • As well the Classic Collection is not handling the spawn queue correctly so if there are too many units alive on the field you can get stuck at 1 in the spawn countdown until enough units die. The mission scripts were not adjusted properly for 64 players and 64 bots, this should be an incredibly easy fix that just involves changing some numbers in the "SetupTeams" script.
  5. Missing Cutscenes in Rise of the Empire
    • This one is straightforward, the debriefing cutscenes at the end of missions in the Rise of the Empire campaign in Star Wars: Battlefront II are not playing. They seemingly exist, but the trigger to play them is not working.
  6. Keybindings in the PC Version are not Functioning Correctly
    • There are instances where custom keybinds on the PC version of the Classic Collection do not work correctly, activate the wrong thing, or somehow trigger outside of the game. A specific example is that it is impossible to build new ships in Galactic Conquest on PC as the keybind for it is not working.

sooooo....things aren't going well on pc it seems, dunno about other platforms though

Last edited:
Apparently this sucks on all platforms which is pretty disappointing
Pretty flawless on Switch. I guess PC was an afterthought for Aspyr, who rarely releases games there. Their target platforms are mainly Switch and PS4.

They need to address the size problem though. Remove the FMV's if needed.

Kind of annoying that a bad PC release is all people are going to talk about for this one. Already seeing people say they shouldn’t have bothered with this port but I’m pretty happy having these games on Switch.

This is sounding pretty disappointing to me which sucks because I love these games. Though I was planning on getting the switch version, so maybe it won't be that bad.

Still having only 3 servers for online on pc is insane. Did they really think that was going to be enough?

Still having only 3 servers for online on pc is insane. Did they really think that was going to be enough?
I don't think they care. They are a Mac/console port studio, last months Tomb Raider and this Battlefront Collection are their first PC releases in years. Some of their games released only on Switch and mac, such as KOTOR 1-2.

PC port of this feels like a last minute decision.

Pretty flawless on Switch. I guess PC was an afterthought for Aspyr, who rarely releases games there. Their target platforms are mainly Switch and PS4.

They need to address the size problem though. Remove the FMV's if needed.
I don't care how good it is on console. The PC versions of these games shouldn't be a joke afterthought.

As much as it bums me out I wasn't able to download the game before my internet died at home, it's sounding like it helped me make the right call in holding off for reviews.

I sincerely hope Aspyr isn't done just yet with this game and continues to patch until it's in an acceptable state.

Another fine port by Asspyr, as long as local multiplayer with bots works on Switch I'll be happy.

I played some instant action this morning before work on Switch and had a great time. Hopefully Aspyr continues to improve the game for those that are having issues

Back
Top Bottom