• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Sizzle Season 2024 announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Oooof. The way they implemented that makes sense but I think that'll change eventually. I'm getting some major MMO farming cringe right now. You're going to have to kill Cohozuna A LOT to have a remote chance of affording anything that requires gold scales. That's a very nasty and long grind, and I can understand they don't want people sporting the gold scale banners in the first month but that puts pretty much all the gold scale cosmetics out of reach of anyone who isn't flush with time and a willingness to play Salmon Run that much.

Oooof. The way they implemented that makes sense but I think that'll change eventually. I'm getting some major MMO farming cringe right now. You're going to have to kill Cohozuna A LOT to have a remote chance of affording anything that requires gold scales. That's a very nasty and long grind, and I can understand they don't want people sporting the gold scale banners in the first month but that puts pretty much all the gold scale cosmetics out of reach of anyone who isn't flush with time and a willingness to play Salmon Run that much.
I'm predicting you will be able to get more scales during special events like Big Runs

Finally managed to defeat Cohozuna for the first time today. Rewards were predictably underwhelming.

I think at the very least mahi will be renovated for season 2

gorge might be too
Mahi definitely, it's way too small, especially painful in TC and RM. I hope they turn it into a mix of this one and the og, that should be better.

Also, I hope we get a map favouring short range, like the old Port Makerel. Give me some cramped alleyways to slide down with reefslider or sneak around with a splatana or roller. Should be a fun change-up coming from the current maps

Just destroy the absolute garbage stage that's trying to pass itself as Hammerhead Bridge and put it under construction again with the Splatoon 1 layout. And never finish construction ever again.

Hammerhead Bridge agrees with me in Splat Zones. Helps that I have no positive attachement to the original stage under the same name. If you tweaked approach and spawn it'd be solid in Tower Control and Rainmaker, too. The middle is basically a flattened Inkblot Academy.

But I'm also a Walleye Warehouse enjoyer.

Even more than Splatoon 1 and 2, I feel team composition is key to win in rank mode. In S+ at least, just by looking at the team composition, I can almost guess who is going to win. It bothers me a bit.

Hammerhead Bridge agrees with me in Splat Zones. Helps that I have no positive attachement to the original stage under the same name. If you tweaked approach and spawn it'd be solid in Tower Control and Rainmaker, too. The middle is basically a flattened Inkblot Academy.

It really does suffer from lack of approach options. I think in coordinated play it is only good in Clam Blitz, as that's the only mode where you aren't encouraged to push past a certain point into the base. On Zones you're encouraged to spawncamp to stall them out, and on RM/TC you naturally move into their spawn with the objective anyways. There needs to be more options on defense.

New Splatfest. Pokemon themed
Red(Fire)-Blue(Water)-Green(Grass)

Friendly reminder for when it goes live in-game, you can see what your friends voted as well as make a "planned team" vote in the SplatNet app to help coordinate playing with friends! You'll still receive conch shells and they'll still contribute to your team as long as you pick it before the fest itself begins.

come on raccoon they can't give you breakfast every day, when would they have time to ladle human feces into your ear?

I wouldn't doubt that the team may be having some trouble with their development schedule and need more time, and skipping this month's fest will probably give them that much needed time(we don't even know if this is true yet though). That said, this Pokemon fest timing could just be a one-off thing and monthly fest will return afterwards with the addition of more Salmon run modes as well. At least that's what I'd like to believe.

Very surprised they’re passing on Halloween. Big Run is probably in a couple weeks then.

Wonder if regular Turf/Ranked will still be available.

Was at 90/100 on Profreshional +3, ready to put on my new VP badge...

Glowflies on Wave 2. Then Fog on Wave 2 after. I'm back to 70... 😭

I think a Big Run is entirely possible!

The Fam vs Friend Splatfest was announced late November and held early January, and then we had the Hero vs Villain Splatfest both announced and held in December, between the announcement and date of Fam vs Friend.

There is very much the possibility of a Big Run being announced for the end of the month alongside the midseason patch next week.

I was looking forward to Splatoween because its my favourite Splat Fest and I love the masks, but I can understand them wanting to do a Pokémon theme.

However, I am really excited for Big Run because it is something totally new and which we know very little about. A Halloween themed version would be amazing. If we can’t have masks then put them on the Salmonid instead because I would love to see them in Li’l Devil Horns.

#teamgreen

on another note I played so much of this game I hear the sounds of squids swimming in ink and splatting in my head randomly throughout the day

I can’t even with all the Mahi Hate in here. It’s to Splatoon what Shipment is to Call of Duty: a small, ridiculous, beautiful clusterfuck that must stay the way it is!

I saw lots of Splatoon players say that the last time around, "Fire" / Red was popular, but was picked by more "unskilled children" - so they were clobbered in the results globally in the end? Does that sound right?

Last edited:
Man, splatzones on hammerhead is wild. Many of my games haven't been much longer than two minutes.

I'm still climbing up the C-rank, though. That might be why

Would not be surprised if my opinions of certain maps change once I get more into ranked. Big fan of Turf War on Mahi Mahi, Hammerhead, and Wahoo, and everyone else seems to hate those maps the most.

Probably play quite a bit differently in other modes. Already experienced that a bit with Mincemeat: do not care for it at all in Turf War, but had quite a bit of fun in Clam Blitz.

Back
Top Bottom