• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Sizzle Season 2024 announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi! I'm back from vacation, I barely made it to participate in the Splatfest.
I hope everyone is doing well and having fun!

I'm glad Frye finally won a fest. Has there been any Splatfest where the most popular team didn't earn the most conch hells? I'd think the team with the most players would earn the most shells.
I have never liked popularity as a category (for points) and I am of the opinion that it should only be used as a tie-breaker :p

Ah, it seems like they implemented yet another feature without testing it

Winning a x100 or x333 battle lets you take a team picture on the float of your team's idol, but...

see if you can spot the error.

Look at their eyes. The octolings have inkling eyes.
How do yo notice they are octolings? Besides the eyes, I can only tell because of their ears, but in the video they seem pointy and not round (same for their fingers).

I'm glad Frye finally won a fest. Has there been any Splatfest where the most popular team didn't earn the most conch hells? I'd think the team with the most players would earn the most shells.

Yes there has, for example in gear,grub,fun , fun won the sneak peak despite only have 21% of the vote. The thing is, there's clearly some rescaling of number of conch shells to player base size or it's practically impossible that team Frye got 56% of the vote but only 34.4% in the sneak peak while big man got 15.4% of the vote and 32.28% of the conch shells. I suspect it's actually a comparison of the average number per player who voted so that it wouldn't essentially be the same result as popularity.

It's a server side thing though so we'd never be able to get it confirmed unless Nintendo outright tells us, and that's unlikely

How do yo notice they are octolings? Besides the eyes, I can only tell because of their ears, but in the video they seem pointy and not round (same for their fingers).
The hairstyles. These players were using Octolings, but everything about them besides their hairstyles seems to have been turned to Inkling features

Two small changes I hope they implement for future splatfests is to have the open and pro categories use separate sets of maps and to remove the tricolor map from the open and pro rotations on day 2. Somehow all 3 open/pro rotations I played this weekend had Undertow in it which should not be possible
Hi! I'm back from vacation, I barely made it to participate in the Splatfest.
I hope everyone is doing well and having fun!

I have never liked popularity as a category (for points) and I am of the opinion that it should only be used as a tie-breaker :p
It's by average amount per player during the week before the splatfest. The most popular team has won 2 of 3 times so far, one of which was by .06% so it doesn't appear to be tilted towards any particular team.

Two small changes I hope they implement for future splatfests is to have the open and pro categories use separate sets of maps and to remove the tricolor map from the open and pro rotations on day 2.
I also hope they keep tuning past Tricolor maps, and when there's a decent selection of them, that they make the Tricolor stage change with the rotation. Maybe alternating between the latest one and a past one?

Thank you all for the answers!

Average conch shells makes sense.

This Tricolor turf wars was the most fun I've had with the mode since it launched. I think the changes they made are great, and it's very entertaining to switch between attackers and defenders (and having the map always available). They finally made Undertow Spillway an enjoyable stage (I kinda hate the regular one).

I also hope they keep tuning past Tricolor maps, and when there's a decent selection of them, that they make the Tricolor stage change with the rotation. Maybe alternating between the latest one and a past one?
This is a good idea. Also, bring back the Shifty Stations plz!

I'm a big fan of parody in the form of harmless misinformation, and I have a fake Splatoon North America twitter account where I tend to post exactly that.

I think this is my favorite "fake" tweet I've made so far.

^Not a fan of that ability but tweet oversll is cool. Now if that effect was apart of Opening Gambit's duration or was an object damage only effect that was attached to Object Shredder, I'm in.

^Not a fan of that ability but tweet oversll is cool. Now if that effect was apart of Opening Gambit's duration or was an object damage only effect that was attached to Object Shredder, I'm in.
Yeah, I tend to go for things that will make people go "wtf that's a horrible idea" until they look closer and see it's not real :p

Even though my team lost, I had a lot of fun during the Splatfest because the ink colors were easy on my eyes and tbh, I played great. I ended up with a 40:XX win ratio (almost no disconnects nor communication errors).

I'm a big fan of parody in the form of harmless misinformation, and I have a fake Splatoon North America twitter account where I tend to post exactly that.

I think this is my favorite "fake" tweet I've made so far.

Congrats to Team Balls!!!

• gets annihilated by player in Open/Series
  • search username on Twitter
  • they're pros/3000xp

this happens way too often 🥲 and then I wonder why my points have gone in the negative

• gets annihilated by player in Open/Series
  • search username on Twitter
  • they're pros/3000xp

this happens way too often 🥲 and then I wonder why my points have gone in the negative
The number of high xp players has skyrocketed with 3, and the skill ceiling is much higher too. 3000 seems normal now.

Maybe I just don't know what you fellows mean by 3000xp but if you're talking the X rank power, aren't there like, a few dozen people at that level at max. There's 13 people at >3000on splat zones right now for example.

Maybe I just don't know what you fellows mean by 3000xp but if you're talking the X rank power, aren't there like, a few dozen people at that level at max. There's 13 people at >3000on splat zones right now for example.
Yeah, but these >3000 players are gonna be some of the most active players ever so it wouldn't be super rare to encounter them

There's millions of players so the chance of encountering any of a specific about 50 players among them is vanishingly small, and the high X rank people probably spend their time there mostly out of necessity to get those ranks.

Tbh I think it's equally likely that some people just appropriate the names of the people high up the X rank charts since they're public now.

I'm also never going to get out of the S rank+0 negative hell though, 🤣

So after spending around a month in A+ land only doing Open, I've finally once again made it to S. I'm doing far better this time around but I'm still only doing Open for now. I think I'm going to spend this season in S Rank unless I managed to crawl my way to S+0 with Open just so I can train myself to be ready for X rank

Why is this Salmon Run rotation so weirdly hard? It's got two dualies, a good blaster and a decent charger. And it's on Hydroplant.

The difficulty of these is becoming harder to predict than Splatfest results.

Why is this Salmon Run rotation so weirdly hard? It's got two dualies, a good blaster and a decent charger. And it's on Hydroplant.

The difficulty of these is becoming harder to predict than Splatfest results.
I was thinking the same yesterday. Weapons were good, yet I/we struggled a lot to reach 1 Cohozuna fight. We didn't defeat it, but the rewards were good (finally a gold scale!).

HEvYgqq.jpg

I stopped playing after that cause I wasn't having a good time in this shift.

A weapon that pierces with 600 dmg hitting from the other side of the map is not just decent, one problem though might be that its strength turns into a problem when its user gets carried away and one shots every single boss as soon as they spawn leaving all eggs very far from the basket

I was thinking the same yesterday. Weapons were good, yet I/we struggled a lot to reach 1 Cohozuna fight. We didn't defeat it, but the rewards were good (finally a gold scale!).

HEvYgqq.jpg

I stopped playing after that cause I wasn't having a good time in this shift.

The one time a team of mine made it to Cohozuna, we killed it, so the weapons are good for that at least, it's just the way there was littered with people killing themselves over and over again on Wave 1 and 2.

A weapon that pierces with 600 dmg hitting from the other side of the map is not just decent, one problem though might be that its strength turns into a problem when its user gets carried away and one shots every single boss as soon as they spawn leaving all eggs very far from the basket

Eggs piling up under the walls was a consistent theme. I couldn't pin down the reason why it seemd so much worse than usual, but I think you might have nailed it. Whenever I had the blaster or the charger things usually turned out okay, even if not one of the dualies took it upon themselves to paint for us.

Ngl I'm really missing SquidBeatz. I've been having the urge to jam out lately. Any chance they'll bring it back in 3?

I personally don't have very high hopes
My hunch is that it will come late and heavily altered, maybe season 6 or 7 with a paid dlc expansion. Splatoon 3 songs would be free for everyone but Splatoon 1, 2, and concert songs would require you to buy the expansion. The splatune-iverse would be perfect for a VN style story mode with a bunch of the bands.

Catching up a little with the thread. How the heck did you do that last splat? I need to see it in slow motion or something, I have no idea what happened :p
It reminded me of those crazy 180°|360° splats 😵
I hit them with a direct charged slash mid-air as I was falling back down from the zipcaster

First time I lost a Glowflies round on Marooner's Bay because teammates kept panicking and jumping down the right elevator side, taking Goldies and all eggs with them.

The one rare time the map is an advantage and you don't take it. Never seen that behaviour before and I wonder if they were looking for a wall to cling to down there.

Nice! Was it calculated (you saw them before landing) or just a happy but very skilled accident? Either way, I wish I had your reflexes :p
I think I remember watching them try to form a power clam, and their next obvious move would be to try to make the jump to the basket, so I half predicted half reacted to get the kill :p

It's really funny to me how we saw Splatoon 3's specials before launch and we were all like "woahh, these are gonna be so cool and powerful!" and then the strongest 3 specials end up being two Splatoon 2 specials, and "sit back and shoot people: the special"

Funnily enough my favorite special is the Wavebreaker because of how much it disrupts the enemy which can mean everything in a 1v2/3/4.

...also bring back Kraken.

It's not often you see someone intentionally throw their pity clam away to avoid overtime.

Competitive Splatoon definitely has things that annoy you more as loving the game and playing it more than normal makes you notice more things you don't care or believe are issues. Overall, when I played competitive it was some of the most fun I had in gaming and made some good friends. Wouldn't go back to it though, I don't have the time for it anymore.

I just love inking territory, which is why the Triple Inkstrike is now my favorite special weapon. Just toss three in enemy territory and watch them scramble.

Man spending a month just training in A+ rank definitely helped. I've been doing a 3-1 W/L ratio on Open. Will probably stay in S this season just so I can get used to the playstyle.

Alright X battles are so intense, let's cool down with some ranked open.

gets matched with a team of randoms against the literal european champions team practicing

Lmao that was a quick match
This is why I play more series these days if I'm playing alone

I'm hoping the addition of league will make open more chill again

Alright X battles are so intense, let's cool down with some ranked open.

gets matched with a team of randoms against the literal european champions team practicing

Lmao that was a quick match

This is why I play more series these days if I'm playing alone

I'm hoping the addition of league will make open more chill again
I'm still not sure how the open-series split is meant to work conceptually.

Like i get the idea was to have a serious competitive mode and a more chill one, but it feels they're reversed depending on your rank. If you're starting up, open is the mode where you can group up with your buddies for fun and series is where you go alone and prove yourself; but then you get to the upper ranks and series is where you go to shitpost with randoms and open is where your serious premade team that trains twice a day practices.

Back
Top Bottom