• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Sizzle Season 2024 announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Along those lines, what losing yet another series 0-3 looks like on my end:

A combination of playing on tilt and coming in clutch and it not mattering to the ultimate outcome either way.

MY EXPLOSHER BRETHREN šŸ¤

I don't use it as much as I used to but it's so satisfying when you get into a groove. Those splats looked awesome, its a shame that good effort didn't pull through in terms of the series.

MY EXPLOSHER BRETHREN šŸ¤

I don't use it as much as I used to but it's so satisfying when you get into a groove. Those splats looked awesome, its a shame that good effort didn't pull through in terms of the series.

/bucket bump

I would have happily lost the series if the attempted trick shot on the Luna on the grate had landed. Alas, they dropped too quickly.

Hammerhead and Barnacle renovations!

and new Grizzco weapon for Big Big Run.

Two map reworks (+ whatever's going on with Scorch) this update is really nice to see. It looks like Hammerhead is by far the more substantial of the two here - it seems that the spawn area is being shortened (good), as well as them adding two more approach options out of mid potentially. Allowing for more than just the one path would certainly go a long way towards fixing that map's issues and might actually make it fun.

As for Barnacle, it seems to just change the mid platform and add another path into mid. The image actually shows us the extent of the rework, with the middle blocks looking a bit different and having a way to get into mid from the snipe area. Unfortunately, said path seems to be a one-way drop unless the pole is paintable from the other sides, which seems overall like it's still for the better but also ultimately not going to accomplish too much.

Interestingly the new Grizzco appears to be a Splatling when scraps for a Grizzco Roller had previously been datamined.

They will add a flank to Hammerhead Bridge! (green rectangle at the bottom)
GOTuLkiaYAAtc6N

They will add a flank to Hammerhead Bridge! (green rectangle at the bottom)
GOTuLkiaYAAtc6N
The green area at the top would also indicate to me that they'll make that traversable both ways instead of being a drop. If we do end up with three ways to approach that'd be huge, and even just having two would go a long way over the hell that is current Hammerhead

The green area at the top would also indicate to me that they'll make that traversable both ways instead of being a drop. If we do end up with three ways to approach that'd be huge, and even just having two would go a long way over the hell that is current Hammerhead
I think so! Which is great news! At first, the trailer seemed like they were done with content, but here we go!
I'm so happy they will try to balance most of the maps :)

This may just be the best season yet, quality-wise
Easily, especially if it's the last one (it's looking like it)

Hope they can squeeze in some renovations for Hammerhead Bridge as well cause while I don't mind it, some changes are needed.

Edit: Oh it's getting renovated?!?! I missed that tweet!

Easily, especially if it's the last one (it's looking like it)

Hope they can squeeze in some renovations for Hammerhead Bridge as well cause while I don't mind it, some changes are needed.

Edit: Oh it's getting renovated?!?! I missed that tweet!
We'll get something in September. I think at the very least one extra season is on the table (Final Fest + some Reworks + Sheldon's Picks).

I can let you know my picks.

It's six different kits of Jet Squelcher and one Bloblobber with Splash Wall and Trizooka to keep them all in check. You're welcome, Splatoon 3.

Sad that I won't be able to play the Big Big Run for more than an hour or so. Here's hoping the triumvirate will appear outside of it

Is Callie the spokeswoman for an architectural firm? Does she own the architectural firm? Either way, thank you for the changes, Callie.

It's spoofing the thumbnail of an actual announcement by NEXCO West, which apparently operates expressways and toll roads in Japan. This ad, too, looks to be announcing that an expressway will be under construction. As such she's probably just being an actress and doing actress things by starring in ads.

I wasn't expecting a new Grizzco Weapon, now I'm inclined to believe that the Random rotations will continue for longer than they did during Splatoon 2's run

trying to grind out the catalog over the past few days has me wondering how they could make the game less excruciatingly boring to bad players such as myself

mercy rule/forfeiting would help a lot

maybe some sort of mario kart esque bullshit in casual queue? it's all I play and it's completely fucking exhausting

honestly the biggest mistake imo is giving comp and casual queues separate rotations... you have people with no right to be playing in casual corralled in because they like the mode better or meta bullshit

edit: I forgot about the most obvious one: get rid of the stupid fucking catalog lmao

Last edited:
Another EVP 999 down, slowly slowly slowly chipping away at the salmon run rewards. Bonerattle is such a a good map

They specify that this is the last wandercrust but have not said the same for the stage or weapons. Looking forward to the content extension announcement in the June Direct :)

Summerfest!

Notably, since last year there have only ever been 5 ā€œspecialā€ Splatfests implemented in the files: 1st Anniversary, Splatoween, FrostyFest and SpringFest, and one more. It was naturally assumed to be the Final Fest at this point, but clearly the Splatfest codenamed ā€œSweatā€ ended up being a Summer Splatfest after all. Read into that as you will for content extension speculation.

The Squid Sisters outfits are soo good but it's also so funny to see the elaborate outfits they had for Halloween and FrostyFest and then SpringFest and Summer Nights are a lot less elaborate.

Perhaps more importantly, for the people thinking about a content extension, this means that FinalFest will happen in September at the earliest, so there is the chance of one extra season. If nothing else I'm expecting one last Splatfest battle song with all the idols for that fest.

The Squid Sisters outfits are soo good but it's also so funny to see the elaborate outfits they had for Halloween and FrostyFest and then SpringFest and Summer Nights are a lot less elaborate.

Perhaps more importantly, for the people thinking about a content extension, this means that FinalFest will happen in September at the earliest, so there is the chance of one extra season. If nothing else I'm expecting one last Splatfest battle song with all the idols for that fest.
We are missing tricolor layout that can cover up until february at minimum

They specify that this is the last wandercrust but have not said the same for the stage or weapons. Looking forward to the content extension announcement in the June Direct :)

I don't think it even specifies it's the last wandercrust. It's the end of the second wandercrust, but the rest of the wording doesn't seem definitive to me

I don't think it even specifies it's the last wandercrust. It's the end of the second wandercrust, but the rest of the wording doesn't seem definitive to me
Not to mention that it's not like Wandercrust is some sort of load-bearing element of the season structure. Between the first and second Wandercrust there were also a few seasons where nothing was happening.

trying to grind out the catalog over the past few days has me wondering how they could make the game less excruciatingly boring to bad players such as myself

mercy rule/forfeiting would help a lot

maybe some sort of mario kart esque bullshit in casual queue? it's all I play and it's completely fucking exhausting

honestly the biggest mistake imo is giving comp and casual queues separate rotations... you have people with no right to be playing in casual corralled in because they like the mode better or meta bullshit

edit: I forgot about the most obvious one: get rid of the stupid fucking catalog lmao
As a self-proclaimed good player, my favorite is the last one lol. I think I only got the original catalog maxed out; I tend to play Splatoon in bursts for a few weeks, then go on a hiatus for months.

I don't know why Nintendo opted for design that encourages daily playing in a game they don't really earn recurrent revenue from (I realize you can argue NSO, but since that's console-wide I don't think it warrants this here). It kinda feels like trend-following without really understanding the point. I do understand the need to keep a high player base for an online multiplayer game, but Splatoon 3 leaves a bit too much off the table if you don't play super often for my taste.

In general I hope they tone back on all the limited time events and whatnot. With the original trilogy seemingly ending, a tighter-designed system with some fresh new stuff would be lovely for the next Splatoon. Not every mode/options needs to be carried over to the next installment imo, it will make for the series to become too large and not focused anymore, which is what is already kind of happening in 3.

People are spotting more changes in more maps! Like an inkable block below the vending machines in mid-map and grates in the centre of the bridge of Eeltail Alley (Close to the word War (Turf War) at the left).

Edit: Seems like a new route thanks to squid surge :unsure:

GOqvEVaXwAAMRAZ

Source:

Likely the very last catalogue and it's STILL FULL OF RECYCLED CONTENT

Man, if this is it, I can't help but look back on Splatoon 3 as a disappointment content-wise.

Likely the very last catalogue and it's STILL FULL OF RECYCLED CONTENT

Man, if this is it, I can't help but look back on Splatoon 3 as a disappointment content-wise.
Splatoon 3 is a disappointment content-wise... how?
People complain that they are not able to complete a catalogue in time, it's a good thing that it's easly available without waiting for 2 full year to being able to get things missed.

Splatoon 3 is a disappointment content-wise... how?
People complain that they are not able to complete a catalogue in time, it's a good thing that it's easly available without waiting for 2 full year to being able to get things missed.
I think compared to Splatoon 2, Splatoon 3 has definitely added more unique stuff overall, while also carrying over a lot from the previous game. When it comes to kits, Splatoon 3 already started with the largest roster due to having every main weapon (while Splatoon 2 still drip fed Splat1 content for a bit), and I think overall the amount added is pretty similar to Splatoon 2's, even if it seems different due to how the content was delievered. Splatoon 3 has slightly fewer new stages (13 vs. 14 + Shifty Stations), though some returning stages have also gotten more significant changes than in Splatoon 2 (though usually those were for the worse, barring stuff like the Bluefin moving zone). Music-wise, I think Splatoon 3 beats out the other games by a wide margin, with an already-increased launch roster and constant additions of new songs, especially with also having 5 Splatfest songs total now.

I think when people talk about the content being disappointing they usually just mean kits (because let's face it who actually cares about gear all that much) and yeah a lack of third kits would suck immensely but I also don't think that's enough to call the content a disappointment overall (frustrations with the catalog system nonwithstanding)

Back
Top Bottom