• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What does everyone think about the new weapons? My experience so far as an S rank player, new roller feels kind of bad, which seems to be what other players are saying too. I don't know how to use the pencil charger. I will test the rest of the new weapons later tonight, but good content update 🙂

What does everyone think about the new weapons? My experience so far as an S rank player, new roller feels kind of bad, which seems to be what other players are saying too. I don't know how to use the pencil charger. I will test the rest of the new weapons later tonight, but good content update 🙂
I really like the Custom Jr Splattershot kit, plays like a dream. And on the Roller, I agree, I think it needs some damage buffs, but I really like it's painting range

Tldr as far as I understand it is next Drizzle season (September 2023 through November 2023) you'll be able to get the gold banner and Super duper lucky titles that just got removed again, and presumably every year after that. The other 3 limited titles and banners should cycle as well.
Thank you!
Kind of a bummer that you have to wait a year for a new chance, and even then it's not guaranteed and you would have to wait another one.

Did they put the Nova in as a joke? Absolute garbage weapon, to the point it makes me seriously doubt the competency of the people involved. Why does it take 5 hits to kill? You could maybe justify that if it came with torpedo or burst bomb or something, but with point sensor? Come on.

I have lost literally 9 games in a row since I started using the Nova. They literally refuse to let me win a single game with it.

It took a game where we out-splatted the enemy 22-4 to eke out a turf war win. What an absolutely shameful piece of garbage, I'm never using this again.

Did they put the Nova in as a joke? Absolute garbage weapon, to the point it makes me seriously doubt the competency of the people involved. Why does it take 5 hits to kill? You could maybe justify that if it came with torpedo or burst bomb or something, but with point sensor? Come on.
It makes no sense to me that they saw the need to create a 494th shooter and that it was for something so underwhelming with no cool mechanic or trait to set it aside (outside of being garbage). Literally the only thing Pro doesn't do better is the fire rate which ends up not mattering due to how much worse the other stats are. And Pro is already outclassed by several other weapons lol

Brushes have been waiting for a 3rd weapon type for so long. Or idk, a new Stringer, Splatana or Brella would be welcome too.

Playing tower control on the new hotspring map feels really bad. Beautiful map, but I think the map is just too cramped, and the game becomes way too chaotic. I hope it feels better in other modes.

Playing tower control on the new hotspring map feels really bad. Beautiful map, but I think the map is just too cramped, and the game becomes way too chaotic. I hope it feels better in other modes.
It was great on Clam Blitz. Sadly I could only get 1 match in so obviously I need to play more, but I'd say it is among the top maps for Clam Blitz. There are multiple ways to approach their base and multiple ways to leave yours. The inkline placed near the bottom is also the best one in the game. (Which isn't saying a lot because they are terribly underused at the moment, but that one actually provides a benefit)

Big Swig: I don't hate it. I'm not sure it will actually be good, but it at least feels good to use, which is a lot more than I can say for the Nova.

Snipewriter: Now this I like. It's like a Bamboozler that doesn't suck crab legs.

Nintendo: What if we brought back one of the most complex maps with multiple paths, obstacles, verticality and even good use of some more complex elements.

Also Nintendo: the other map we're going to release is basically a flat slightly angled plane, see you in three months!

I dont even hate Point Sensor on Nova as I find spamming Point Sensor fun. But the main weapon makes the combination not ideal.

I think they could have been a bit more creative with Nova. Maybe increase the accuracy while shooting on ground and when shooting in air boost the damage of bullets to somwhere between 25-30. I think having a good ink economy weapon that is very accurate but weak on ground but stronger and inaccurate in air could have been an interesting mechanic.

Okay I have lost literally every single game I've played on Brinewater, Literally I cannot win on this map, ever. I'm not allowed to.

I forgot how tough it was to learn a new quirky weapon, I might have even more trouble with the Snipewriter than with the Tri-Stringer :(

I should honestly just purposely throw every goddamned game since Nintendo refuses to give me a single fair match. I'm just going to squidparty and ruin every single fucking game until my glicko resets and they'll stop fucking me at every opportunity.

Please refrain from antagonizing other users. -Derachi, Irene, PixelKnight
I should honestly just purposely throw every goddamned game since Nintendo refuses to give me a single fair match. I'm just going to squidparty and ruin every single fucking game until my glicko resets and they'll stop fucking me at every opportunity.
Dude get a fucking grip lmao

Can I recommend putting down the game for a bit? Play something else for a bit, go out for a walk, drink some tea.

Multiplayer games are like this sometimes. You'll also have better days. But if you keep playing while tilted you're just going to feel miserable.

wait, so it's not even eight seasons but four seasons twice?

Drizzle is just a Splatoon name for Autumn/Fall, and Chill is winter. Presumably the other two will represent spring and summer similarly.

They'll have new stuff and a new catalogue, but unless it's been datamined we won't know what they'll be called, but I don't see a real reason for them to change the name.

(There's also a second new rare banner/title set coming next year's drizzle, so if you didn't get them first time, you'll have to try and get both)

Drizzle is just a name for Autumn/Fall, and Chill is winter. 😂.

They'll have new stuff and a new catalogue, but unless it's been datamined we won't know what they'll be called, but I don't see a real reason for them to change the name.
I kind of thought we'd get eight uniquely branded seasons but I guess with the names including a year that makes sense

Bloom season and Hot season incoming I suppose

Can I recommend putting down the game for a bit? Play something else for a bit, go out for a walk, drink some tea.

Multiplayer games are like this sometimes. You'll also have better days. But if you keep playing while tilted you're just going to feel miserable.
That's my secret, I'm always miserable

Hey, us on the moderation staff are concerned for your health and safety. We don't take posts like this lightly, and want to make sure you're okay. If this is a serious thought you're having, we implore you to call a local hotline and talk to someone. You're also welcome to DM any of the moderation staff at any time if you'd like to talk to one of us.

- Derachi, Red Monster, Irene

Hey, us on the moderation staff are concerned for your health and safety. We don't take posts like this lightly, and want to make sure you're okay. If this is a serious thought you're having, we implore you to call a local hotline and talk to someone. You're also welcome to DM any of the moderation staff at any time if you'd like to talk to one of us.

- Derachi, Red Monster, Irene
I'm okay I'm just not in the mood for annoying "git gud" shitposts

brinewater is an even more aesthetically pleasing setting than I expected

and flounder heights may be way shorter bit it sure feels tall

Seeing updates like this makes me so furious at how half-baked they treated Animal Crossing.

I don't think you can call splatoon 3s good and animal crossings release schedule half baked. They're pretty much exactly the same template, albeit for obviously wildly different genres. Well, except that Animal crossings basically lasted a year, rather than two, but we have no idea what year 2 of splatoon 3 is going to look like (previous games second year updates were non-existent for 1, and massively scaled back for 2).

Animal crossing got "major" feature updates every few months for a year, routinely got new events and items added, and despite having to effectively build them all from scratch whereas New Leaf reused tons of content from previous games, NH ended up with about 250 more furniture items than NL did, with about 50% of them coming from updates. (Assuming a quick google didn't lie to me).

eventually people will realize that new horizons's bad bones were the problem, not its update schedule

new horizons was great, just kind of half baked

i feel like we're due for a new animal crossing game in the next year or two that brings it all together like splatoon 2 -> 3 did but for new horizons -> new game

new horizons was great, just kind of half baked

i feel like we're due for a new animal crossing game in the next year or two that brings it all together like splatoon 2 -> 3 did but for new horizons -> new game
I'm veering off topic a bit but I've come to see New Horizons's biggest problem as the inability to decorate your island in multiplayer. That is the gameplay and the multiplayer lacks it

I'm veering off topic a bit but I've come to see New Horizons's biggest problem as the inability to decorate your island in multiplayer. That is the gameplay and the multiplayer lacks it

That's the second biggest, the biggest is still forcing everyone to share a single island on a switch rather than letting individual players choose if they would like to share. Nobody minded on GC,DS,3DS because everyone would have had their own memory card anyway for gamecube, and you needed multiple games for the DS/3DS titles to do multiplayer anyway. And nobody cared about the Wii game which actually shared NHs problem. (You're also way more likely to share a Switch as a more expensive home console than a much cheaper DS handheld)

I'm not sure Nintendo will change their mind on that though, but I hope they don't stick to "we know better than you".

Back
Top Bottom