• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (World's End Splatfest announced)

S+10 requirement to get X next season right off the bat is kind of a good idea to act as a buffer but in the same time it feels like busy work if you want to focus on your X score.
And deranking to S and getting back to + is faster anyway, so I think there's something not well sorted out here.

Where? I only see the main skills a player has equipped on the map screen, which is the same as it's always been.
I swear that in the top center of the screen when player icons are displayed some players now have a small like icon underneath them that looks like badge (which I think was not there in a previous version).

Watching Grizzco Splatana teammates wait for weak points instead of just attacking :/

I guess Splatfests really are basically bimonthly then. Another month goes by without having one.

Not gonna beat around the bush, this sucks. The schedule not being as often as in 2 just ain't right.

I guess Splatfests really are basically bimonthly then. Another month goes by without having one.

Not gonna beat around the bush, this sucks. The schedule not being as often as in 2 just ain't right.

I mean, there's also a Big Run this month. So that's basically 1 event per month. Which would be perfectly fine by me, as they might get boring otherwise

yeahhhh I'm kind of disappointed by how lean support seems to be

here's hoping the seasons aren't created equal

It's interesting how there are some weapons like hydra and grizzco splatana that are more difficult than normal to use during standard waves but are practically guaranteed cohozuna victories. Maybe someday there will be a special rotation where the king salmonids can appear as normal waves in the middle of a round, that would be a neat change of pace.

unknown.png

So how did the game decide that we lost after no one ever scored through the whole match including overtime?

unknown.png

So how did the game decide that we lost after no one ever scored through the whole match including overtime?
If time runs out and neither team has scored, special Overtime begins. In this case, Overtime ends when either:

• One team manages to score, giving them a 20-0 victory.
  • Three minutes of Overtime pass, after which the team that formed the most Power Clams throughout the match is awarded one point and a 1-0 victory. If both teams formed the exact same number of Power Clams, Team Alpha is awarded the victory
Is what happened in 2 at least.

I mean, there's also a Big Run this month. So that's basically 1 event per month. Which would be perfectly fine by me, as they might get boring otherwise
Yep. Big Runs can and should become an event on par with Splatfests, which will keep things fresh. And I'm glad the latter are bimonthly now that they're two days long and have a whole week in front of them for the conch shell grind.

No matter how bad you may think the support for this game may be, just remember, it's not as bad as the support Halo Infinite continues to get.

Yep. Big Runs can and should become an event on par with Splatfests, which will keep things fresh. And I'm glad the latter are bimonthly now that they're two days long and have a whole week in front of them for the conch shell grind.

"X is now a bigger grind" replacing actual content added is probably the biggest complaint I have about 3.

No matter how bad you may think the support for this game may be, just remember, it's not as bad as the support Halo Infinite continues to get.
Tbh I quite like it! And I haven't even seen all of it yet. When looking at the bigger picture though and this is it for the next 3 months... It's slightly too long imo. A midseason small update dropping like 5 new kits would be enough to tide me over

I'm also hoping we see another King Salmonid type sooner rather than later

Quoted by: LiC
Just lost -95 after going 2-3 in an X series

Well made system
(y)
Glicko-2 is bad now? I thought people were complaining a lot about the change from Splatoon 2 (Glicko-2 based rank) to Splatoon 3 (series rank points w/ medals) because it's "too easy to get carried" to S+.

I wonder if the 3 wins/3 losses thing even actually affects your X Power, or if it just waits that many matches to update it even though each individual matches are all that matter. The latter would make it exactly the same as X Rank in Splatoon 2, and the only difference (benefit?) would be that some extreme one-off numbers (like a +1 for a win) might be hidden from you.

Tbh I quite like it! And I haven't even seen all of it yet. When looking at the bigger picture though and this is it for the next 3 months... It's slightly too long imo. A midseason small update dropping like 5 new kits would be enough to tide me over

I'm also hoping we see another King Salmonid type sooner rather than later
Yeah, I was also hoping for a new King Salmonid. But I guess if you think about it, adding one per season would mean 24 different types in the end which is a bit extreme. Maybe one every two seasons could work?

Marooner's Bay is rough on hightide with Flyfish, using specials against them feels like a waste when that can just make them pop again or you won't be prepared for later waves

I really, really wanted each season to have a new issue of each magazine. Would've been really fun to collect

Just lost -95 after going 2-3 in an X series

Well made system
(y)
Things seem very swingy right now, I lost about 50 points in each of my 2 2-3 series yesterday. Let's hope it's just a growing pain and it'll work itself out once people have been using it for a while, if this is normal it's a downgrade from how it worked in 2. It's a little frustrating you can't see the lobby's average power in splatnet like you could with 2, as that could give you a sense of why your power changed.

Yeah, I was also hoping for a new King Salmonid. But I guess if you think about it, adding one per season would mean 24 different types in the end which is a bit extreme. Maybe one every two seasons could work?

One every season would be 8 over the 2 years of content updates, not 24, presume you meant month, which yeah would be an overkill number of king salmonids. 4 in the end would'nt be too bad

Quoted by: LiC
Things seem very swingy right now, I lost about 50 points in each of my 2 2-3 series yesterday. Let's hope it's just a growing pain and it'll work itself out once people have been using it for a while, if this is normal it's a downgrade from how it worked in 2. It's a little frustrating you can't see the lobby's average power in splatnet like you could with 2.
It's the same system as Splatoon 2, with the only difference being the 3 win/3 loss "series." Glicko-2 ratings start to change less the more matches you've played, so yes, early in the season you will see bigger swings.

One every season would be 8, not 24, presume you meant month
Whoops. I can count, I swear.

Belatedly got to try out the Nova.

The woe of the former midline shooter main continues.

Higher shots to kill than Jet, with less range than Pro, and worse RNG than Gal is not what I signed up for. At least the Custom Pro should be okay now in solo, where even the versatility of being worse than average across the board counts for something.

Not sure if it's me but shooters still feel pretty overtuned. Feels like every lobby still has at least 6 shooters, and things in this game still very much feel designed to favor shooters.

There's specials with lots of HP that basically only shooters can shred, lethal bombs that are hard to dodge for slower weapons are the best subs in the game, and there's specials like trizooka that completely screw over anything that can't act insantly after shooting

The X rank rankings on the splatnet app are kinda interesting, because they let you sort by highest score with each weapon, and it shows really how people are capable of making most things work. Most weapons have a top score of about 2500-2600.

And then there's some that actually are in a woeful state like the H3 nozzlenose which is sub 2000 in splat zones right now as an example, or the areospray MG which in tower control is at a painful 1676, which is both funny and sad.

I need to skip s+ for some time, the level is just not normal right now, driving me insane.
While I got the s+10 in a breeze past season, I can't get to +1 now.
It's like one match you got someone dying in the tenth, next one zero kill and to conclude the three loss streak you end up against japanese and you with your fellow western players and get stomped. No wonder so many pros took the asia division given the chance.
And as far as I'm concerned the 0.5s improvement is completely gone.
It's a new update and should be fun time but I'm just furious 🤣

I am just no good at this game. Not good enough to have fun with it, even. Turf War is like Mario Party and the real modes are either getting absolutely crushed by people way better than me or being carried by people way better than me, neither of which is enjoyable at all. I've had a lot of fun with this game and 2 over the past year, but I think it's probably about time for me to move on.

Splatfests and new seasons will probably pull me back in, of course.

I am just no good at this game. Not good enough to have fun with it, even. Turf War is like Mario Party and the real modes are either getting absolutely crushed by people way better than me or being carried by people way better than me, neither of which is enjoyable at all. I've had a lot of fun with this game and 2 over the past year, but I think it's probably about time for me to move on.

I don't feel like I'm really good either, but fortunately it has never stopped being fun to play (outside of the few losing streaks that don't seem fair).

I really hope you can continue to enjoy the game during the fests, at least. Did you delete your videos? I was looking for a few tweets you posted using chargers to show them to a friend, but they appear as unavailable now.

I don't feel like I'm really good either, but fortunately it has never stopped being fun to play (outside of the few losing streaks that don't seem fair).

I really hope you can continue to enjoy the game during the fests, at least. Did you delete your videos? I was looking for a few tweets you posted using chargers to show them to a friend, but they appear as unavailable now.
I deleted my whole Twitter account, actually. All of my best clips were lucky circumstances anyway, and I was starting to feel very embarrassed that I was pretty much misrepresenting myself with them.

edit: since I'm sounding whiny/being a downer, I will say that I really like the pencil and I think it was a very smart addition. it rewards precise players so satisfyingly that I imagine it will become very popular over time

Last edited:
I deleted my whole Twitter account, actually. All of my best clips were lucky circumstances anyway, and I was starting to feel very embarrassed that I was pretty much misrepresenting myself with them.
That's unfortunate. I'm sure it was also skill, tho. We all have our lucky splats/streaks anyway, not need to be ashamed of them, imo.

"Wow, the Grizzco Stamper can one-shot Steeheads and Big Shots whenever, this thing looks amazing!"

Plays Salmon Run

"Wow, the Grizzco Stamper has zero mobility, and not a soul online seems to know how to fucking use it. Ughhhhhh"

I’m about the same but I do still have fun with it even being terrible
There are times I put it down because it does suck losing 10 in a row and I just can’t play it for a while after

edit: since I'm sounding whiny/being a downer, I will say that I really like the pencil and I think it was a very smart addition. it rewards precise players so satisfyingly that I imagine it will become very popular over time

That's the secret about social media, that kind of misrepresentation is what everybody is doing. There's a reason a fair contingent of streamers were up in arms recently over the whole skill based matchmaking in COD thing, because they desperately need unbalanced matchmaking so they can crop out those occasional clips of them looking good like.

But yeah, I certainly feel the slower content pace is going to hurt player retention. Like, everyone could probably have seen all the new content they're going to get now for the next 88 days, so why stick around? Compared to weapons dropping weekly and stages monthly, as well as Splatfests being rarer (and not including a unique stage, to boot...)... Just not as good all around.

"Wow, the Grizzco Stamper can one-shot Steeheads and Big Shots whenever, this thing looks amazing!"

Plays Salmon Run

"Wow, the Grizzco Stamper has zero mobility, and not a soul online seems to know how to fucking use it. Ughhhhhh"

I was having fun with it for a very short time but God is it hard to not die with it.

I managed to kill a Flyfish with it and then like an idiot, didn't save the clip

Thinking about it a bit more, since they showed Cohozuna in the Big Run trailer and the reward is a Cohozuna statue, maybe this is the "Cohozuna Big Run" and there will be a new Boss Salmonid added sometime before each event? And then each one's reward will be a statue of it.

Thinking about it a bit more, since they showed Cohozuna in the Big Run trailer and the reward is a Cohozuna statue, maybe this is the "Cohozuna Big Run" and there will be a new Boss Salmonid added sometime before each event? And then each one's reward will be a statue of it.
Yeah seems very likely, and there's this as well

Back
Top Bottom