• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Sizzle Season 2024 announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
do you miss splatfest rewards if the game updates? I haven’t opened it since the splatfest and my snail bucket is bare

what I actually came to ask was if anyone knows what the… meme dog?? everyone has in their little sketched banners is

not to be ancient on main but i’m at a loss

In the limited amount of time I’ve played I’ve not seen any new locker stuff that I can identify. And are there new songs added to battles? Damp Socks ft Off the Hook I love and cherish you but I would like some variety

what I actually came to ask was if anyone knows what the… meme dog?? everyone has in their little sketched banners is

not to be ancient on main but i’m at a loss
no idea but for me one of the joys of this game is watching memes go through the square. are the kids all on a discord somewhere?

Yup, they warned people on social media right after splatfest and right before the update
this is what I get for ignoring twitter!!

if the world could take a break from being a nightmare for two seconds, maybe I’d read important notices about games instead of doing gaze-averse kickflips into thousand-yard stares!!

all those snails lost to time, like tears in the rain…

Last edited:
the snails may be gone but i’ll always have mystery quadruped

to be clear I’m not like divested from all news and world events or something, I’m just

too aware and at my limit

well-apprised but dodging

world status dark souls boss

rolling with a spoon

anyhow we’re squids, we’re kids, get used to it

Sympathy yeah! I missed so many snails in 2 because after the first two months I'd only log in for like every other fest and if you didn't collect before the next ballot they vanished.

this is what I get for ignoring twitter!!

if the world could take a break from being a nightmare for two seconds, maybe I’d read important notices about games instead of doing gaze-averse kickflips into thousand-yard stares!!

Do like me, ignore twitter and just catch up on news through the tweets posted in Fami. Works out pretty well! It's like a misery filter for twitter!

me this afternoon: I am done with this video game

me this evening:
SNOBVso_d.webp

and all it took was
IXxqRKs_d.webp

(and the inside for good measure)
aNXT6Au_d.webp

It just hit me...

Is there any... ANY reason to play Splattershot Nova over Dualie Squelchers?

I tried it out and Dualie Squelchers are still a better weapon than Nova even when you don't dodge roll whatsoever, when played properly it just does everything better in every way

It just hit me...

I tried it out and Dualie Squelchers are still a better weapon than Nova even when you don't dodge roll whatsoever, when played properly it just does everything better in every way
I mean, i personally think Nova is worse than Jet Squlecher, a weapon thats like top 3 worse weapon atm, so yea Dualie is way better in my eyes.

It just hit me...

The only reason to play Nova is to deliberately handicap yourself. That's it.

In the limited amount of time I’ve played I’ve not seen any new locker stuff that I can identify. And are there new songs added to battles? Damp Socks ft Off the Hook I love and cherish you but I would like some variety
Personally that's one of my only two complaints about this update. The first is the single new Salmon Run map which is a returning one from the last game. The second is the lack of any new music, especially since every major update for the last two games always had a few new songs included.

Did everyone else just forget how to play Salmon Run??? so many Wave 1 wipes with the 3 teammates on the shore the whole time wtf

I have been seeing lots of JP players reaching 3000xp within the first few days of X rank. Seems like 4000 is the new 3000 in Splatoon 3 now.

The second is the lack of any new music, especially since every major update for the last two games always had a few new songs included.
having not played either previous splatoon while it was getting support I wish I hadn't found out about this lmao

I fucking hate Salmon Run so goddamn much

I went on a fucking rampage with the Grizz Stamper in Round 3, oneshotting several Steelheads, a Scrapper, even took out a Flyfish before it could even do anything. Lost anyway because my useless fucking teammates were practically taking turns dying instead of delivering eggs.

There were still a TON of eggs halfway down the boat when we lost, but apparently I was the only person capable of not dying every five seconds. It should have been like the easiest round in the world. Unbelievable.

Yeah this X system sucks ass. There is nothing more demotivating than going 2-3 where you top fragged every game, and getting slapped with a -100.

So how do we feel about season 2
3 months for any kind of new content is way too long, especially since some of the new stuff is disappointing / below series standard

Flounder Heights is god-tier
Brinewater Springs is fun
Missing a 3rd new battle stage compared to S2's pace of added content
Marooner's Bay a lot better now thanks to egg throwing, but the original Next Wave stages are still far better-designed
Mahi, Hammerhead, Wahoo and Metalworks desperately need a rework

Snipewriter 5H is awesome, held back by its kit though
Big Swig Roller is at best meh
Splattershot Nova is a complete joke, worst weapon they've ever created
2nd kits good overall but at least one of the shooters should have been Gold Dynamo instead
Grizzco Splatana is extremely fun, best Grizzco weapon by far

Missiles are still the worst thing about S3 and need a complete rework, otherwise never add it to any future weapon kit
Crab should have gotten a 1-2 seconds duration nerf, though I'm glad the devs are careful not to overnerf
Reefslider not cancelling bombs still makes no sense whatsoever
Salmon Run balance changes are cool

Wish Big Run had better rewards
Wish they made grinding chunks easier (ideally just remove the grind altogether but who am I kidding)

Last edited:
So how do we feel about season 2
Really happy with the new stages. Overall it's good, only thing is that this is it for the next 3 months. With that in mind, I feel like it should've been more. But who knows, Big Run is yet to come so that might change my opinion.

flounder heights is incredible but I also really like brinewater

it's like one of our splatoon 3 single corridor maps got folded into itself in a kind of interesting way

For some reason I’ve been pushing back from S+ to S after the update and now i found S way harder than S+ lol

Im really struggling with this game. Even though i reached to rank X in Splatoon 2

Just tried and the Grizzco Splatana charge acts like a bomb to Mudmouths too btw, doesn't one shot but still good

I wanted to play 🀭
The serie zones rotation was the only one interesting me so...
First match clear loss, someone died 12 times and did zero special.
Second match I literally soloed the team in overtime, my whole team was dead, thanks to a bold last chance approach on wahoo, killed the weapon that had the most painting power then very glad I had crab to fight the three remaining ones, killing again the one that could paint then get my crab destroyed and retaking the zone against a sniper and a rapid. So yeah pretty proud but I stopped directly after, what I said yesterday didn't change, don't want to get mad again.

Why do you lose -100 for 2-3, but gain +10 for 3-2??? It's not even like I'm at a super high X power

Do we know what happened with last season's catalog rewards? Did they just stick them in the gachapon or are they gone for now?

As far as the dataminers could tell the limited gacha items, that is, the banner and titles, will be back with the seasons each year, so you'll be able to get the drizzle titles next autumn again, but not before then

I finally had enough free time to play for a few hours.

Is it just me or the frame rate in Marooner's Bay is bad? It constantly felt slow, like, just barely acceptable.

Just tried the Splattershot Nova in Salmon Run and it seems pointless? I can't imagine being useful in the regular modes, outside of sub spamming support maybe?

And I LOVE the new Splattershot Pro kit. It's so good and fun and it takes me back to Splatoon 2. I got used to the Angle Shooter cause I love the Crab Tank, but the Forge Pro is my new main.

I haven't tried the rest of the new weapons yet and judging by the only (1) match I had in Brinewater Springs, which I lost, I don't like this stage :p

Edit: in other news, Ninja Squid continues to be the bane of my existence and needs to be nerfed back to Splatoon 2 levels.

Last edited:
Tacticooler giving 57 AP of Quick Super Jump is amazing for Sniperwriter, it's probably the one thing I really like about its kit since I can get rushed down quite easily with this weapon

FjKCMZpaEAAbe6K.jpg

Something something Splatoon team to lower me into my grave something something one last time πŸ™ƒ

Your fault. Shoulda got 20 kills and turfed more.
/s In all honesty, Turf Wars be like that. While I havn't played much Turf War in Splatoon 3, Turf War is far and away the mode I lose the most irregardless of how well I perform.

From a very casual perspective, I really like both of the new stages. Flounder Heights kicks ass. Also really like the idea of the Snipewriter, even though I’m absolute garbage with chargers.

Unfortunately, I dunno if it’s enough to really bring me back in. Had a fun hour checking out the new stuff, but I don’t really feel the urge to play more unless I can get online with friends.

Then again, I’m one of the weirdos that likes Mahi Mahi Resort and Hammerhead Bridge, so don’t take too much stock in what I’m saying.

Last edited:
I've been working on a Splatoon video for a few weeks, and it's going up tomorrow :)

Here's a preview:

FjKCMZpaEAAbe6K.jpg

Something something Splatoon team to lower me into my grave something something one last time πŸ™ƒ

It's not your teammates who let you down here. They seem to have played well. A Mini-Splatling, Tri-Stringer and Squiffer just were never going to outpaint a Squeezer, Junior and Aerospray even if they outsplatted them by a good margin like the screenshot shows. 'Twas matchmaking that lowered you into your grave.

Does this game actually just cancel matchmaking for all involved when 1 player presses minus? I don't remember getting the "One or more player disconnected" message before 2.0

To the asshole who decided to be in my game and decided to troll the past fucking hour by repeatedly moving the rainmaker to the opponents targets then refusing to fight otherwise. FUCK YOU

How does matchmaking work? For an entire hour I lost every battle because I kept being forced to pair with this one asshole who did the above. It's incredibly frustrating. I've reported him but I don't know the game guess I just really liked this player because they repeatedly paired me with him for the entire hour.

It's just frustrating. I play an average of 3-4 hours a day and I'm only on level 4 for the catalogue. I have to earn 300-500 points a match (at best) so it takes a glacially long time for me to level up the catalogue. I'm even worse in Turf War because I earn even less on account of the fact that the Blaster is not meant for it. How do we lower our rankings again? I don't want to go back to what I had to do for the first one and spend 6-8 hours a day playing the game to level up at the same rate as everyone else playing 1-2 hours.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom