• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like the difficulty spike in salmon run. It felt like it was impossible to lose with a 4 stack in Splatoon 2, here that's very different. It also means the top rank is less accessible, which is GREAT for better matchmaking.

EDIT: The only thing I'd like to see toned down is glowflies. It feels impossible with randoms and if you do somehow manage to survive your squad likely used up all their specials so it still puts you at a huge disadvantage the rest of the shift.

Last edited:
Got to VP +300 with a really good team, then lost them to a communication error and on my quest to fight a Cohozuna (after the meter had been full for a while), I'm now at VP < 90 :p

Going to ask a really dumb question… starting out should I be prioritizing purchasing 1 and 2 star gear or focusing on getting some cheaper stuff so I can have a variety of abilities? In past games I’ve always gone for the cheap stuff for fear of running out of cash but I’m wondering if the economy is such that the longer leveling runway on the more expensive items makes it more of a wash than I originally thought.

Not gonna lie, I just buy stuff that looks cool and figure out the abilities later, if I ever do that at all. My thought process with Splatoon is astoundingly simple lol
Yeah I don't get a hoot about the abilities, I just pick what looks good on my squid.
My squidkid currently looks like whatever they could find in the clearance rack with no attempt at style 😓

On island 4, games getting a little more challenging I think, depends on the weapon you choose. I try and clear stages with alll weapon styles available.

Dynamo Roller in SR with the new buffed salmonids is basically a "wouldn't it be funny if you died every 5 seconds" weapon

Going to ask a really dumb question… starting out should I be prioritizing purchasing 1 and 2 star gear or focusing on getting some cheaper stuff so I can have a variety of abilities? In past games I’ve always gone for the cheap stuff for fear of running out of cash but I’m wondering if the economy is such that the longer leveling runway on the more expensive items makes it more of a wash than I originally thought.
Honestly, other than specific stuff like Intensify Action on Blasters, gear basically doesn't matter outside of higher ranks. Even then, it's probably only really important for people who play competitively. I can hold my own in S+, and I've literally only leveled one set of gear without even paying attention to the sub abilities, so that should kind of tell you how important it is. Gear can definitely help, but it's usually not the reason why someone would lose an interaction.

You can focus on getting some abilities that are good on a lot of weapons (like swim speed up) for now, and then optimize gear later on when you have more cash if you want.

The Tornado Event in SR is the easiest W. It's so easy that if anyone actually fails at it they should honestly just be demoted instantly.

Holy hell Salmon Run is night impossible at this point
Died on the first round 3 times in a row cuz the team keeps getting the Grizzco Bow and Hydra and some Blasters and such.
Finally started to go well later and then Cohozuna but it was 1 hit away from death and I once again got 1 silver and 9 bronze.
So, like, at this point, do you have to do 30 Cohozunas just to buy a new Skin? Cuz I for sure never gets more than 1 Silver no matter how much damageI do to it
I really do think they need to change it a bit. A BIT more generous with rewards, and a BIT more time on the clock for Big Chungus.
Also Chargers are still the true Cancer of the game and had multiple Turf War matches in a row where different snipers, only on the other team, would just annihilate our team, no matter how much I tried to spam him

Just give me back Saltspray Rig
I miss it
It was THE first Stage I played, way back in 1999 during the original Splat Test thing

The upside of being obsessed with Tabelturf Battle is I get to activate my trap card every time I win.

71417B6B-4304-48E1-9960-3DD726648048.jpeg

TIL that the food item vendor UI is reporting the number of matches the buff has remaining. NOT that there are X of them remaining you can buy 🤦‍♂️

Not that it matters a ton but I never touched the food buffs in previous games because JRPGs have trained me to hoard all potions and buffs 😂

man, I am just not having any fun with this anymore. might shelve it for a while
Yea, if you’re in tilt mode it’s time to go play single player or something else in my experience

y6u53auftbr91.png

Saw this on Reddit and the Flyfish made me laugh, which is very different to my usual reaction of lots of swearing, tears, and yelling “why!?”

Credit to Lord_Antheron

Reddit link

Back
Top Bottom