• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (World's End Splatfest announced)

Man it's really frustrating when you're doing a series rank up battle, lose, then in replays find out that two of your teammates spent the entirety of the knockout inking the base.

Splattershot Jr. is lowkey the hard sniper counter, I’m def amazed how quick turfing, bomb raiding and bubbler spamming could increase team’s performance drastically.

Awesome!

While overall the errors issues have gotten better for me since the patch, last night was a complete bummer (at least no server errors, tho).

A rank feels so much better than B rank. Was able to do consecutive series, and got all the way up to A+.

It's so good having people that somewhat know what they are doing, and having to apply strategy and roles. Instead of B rank where I basically had to solo the enemy teams, and do constant team wipeouts to have a chance.

I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me until yesterday but I was able to play with my kid with just the one purchase. Shit. We might be playing a lot more Splatoon.

I knew it doesn't count as a loss if someone on your team DCs, but apparently that's also true if you lose a 4v3. On that note, Clam Blitz is horrible.

I've been having a super rough string of matches today. Can barely win a game (3-14 so far), and even Salmon Run hasn't gone any better. I did at least get some really nice snipes including my first collateral in 3.

Solo Wipeouts always make feel like a pro when it actually really depends on which mode you're playing 🤣

On another note, i finally reached S rank! I feel like I'm gonna regret it LMAO

Another funny thing happened when I was playing, Mahi Mahi is a brutal level 😂

Solo Wipeouts always make feel like a pro when it actually really depends on which mode you're playing 🤣

On another note, i finally reached S rank! I feel like I'm gonna regr

Those wipeouts are awesome! I have never done anything that impressive.

But I have done this. Many. Many. Times…

when I do a solo wipeout is a bad sign because that probably means I'm the best player of the team and I'm not good enough to be the best player of a wining team lol

Those wipeouts are awesome! I have never done anything that impressive.

But I have done this. Many. Many. Times…
Thanks! It's cool when it occasionally happens, but it doesn't necessarily show how good someone is! I'm proof of that LMAO

Hahaha it happens to the best of us, especially on MahiMahi...

when I do a solo wipeout is a bad sign because that probably means I'm the best player of the team and I'm not good enough to be the best player of a wining team lol
LOL I like to think of it as a nice push to turn the tide! As long as your teammates aren't slacking off, this usually means you can turn the tide around pretty quickly!

Since getting splats should be all about buying time rather than going for a high splat streak imo!
Most of the time a wipeout just means the enemies were standing too close to one another.

Feels like I hit a point in Salmon Run long ago where I inevitably lose 95% of games, de-rank, then inevitably hit that same 95% losing point after ranking up again.

Feels like I hit a point in Salmon Run long ago where I inevitably lose 95% of games, de-rank, then inevitably hit that same 95% losing point after ranking up again.
Yeah, it would be nice if you could reset your rank back to zero, so you could have the fun of the early game Salmon Runs again.

Switched to Range Blaster for Tower Control, and did a lot better than earlier. It was a little frustrating earlier because a lot of the weapons I normally play weren't working out today. I went through 5 weapons (Tri-Slosher, E-liter, Bloblobber, Splattershot, and .52 Gal) before finding something comfortable today, but at least I'm not in negative points anymore lol.

I feel like salmon run gets way too hard way too fast. Like it should take three times longer to rank up, at least. I do not feel like I was even remotely prepared for the shit they threw me in and it was not fun.

Had my first series sweep earlier, got paired with really good front liners too, only had to farm bubbler and bomb raiding to aid them lol

I was trying to farm cash in Turf Wars. I tried out the Reef-Lux 450 ft. Tenta Missiles instead of my normal main weapon.

I'm not even good - but my win percentage skyrocketed with little effort or skill involvement. Crazy.

Why does no one jump to the enemy's clam basket in Splatoon 3, didn't see this nearly as often in 2
Yeah noticed this too. Managed to hide literally next to the basket in a forgotten splash of ink and had to spam 'This way' for 10 seconds ere I convinced the powerclam carrier to jump. They missed and flung it in the abyss, but still...

Overall Clam Blitz is much better though, my only annoyance is people being too slow to push when there's an opening

Does Emberz favor intensify action or not? I'm seeing mixed sources on it

EDIT: datamines say it does, nvm

Last edited:
Somehow for 675 hours of Splatoon 2 (+10h of S1) I didn't know Splash had perfect accuracy and mixed it up with the Sploosh, I just found out that I never played it despite it being literally designed for me as the fastest and most aggressive weapon in the game 🥲 I'm having so much fun with it now

Salmon Run just isn't fun anymore
It is way, way, WAY too hard and punishing and Cohozuna might as well not exist with how godawful the rewards are.
And the current weapons are NOT good

Turf Wars might have the worst matchmaking in any game of all time. It would literally be better just to not have any matchmaking at all.

Why does no one jump to the enemy's clam basket in Splatoon 3, didn't see this nearly as often in 2
I used to do this a lot in 2, but haven't had many chances so far in 3.
Somehow for 675 hours of Splatoon 2 (+10h of S1) I didn't know Splash had perfect accuracy and mixed it up with the Sploosh, I just found out that I never played it despite it being literally designed for me as the fastest and most aggressive weapon in the game 🥲 I'm having so much fun with it now
The Neo Splash had a really fun kit in 2 (burst bombs/suction bomb launcher). I remember using it a lot when I was trying to hit X rank in Splat Zones last year.

delete (didn't notice a super laggy super jump in a clip I got and asked what happened)

Last edited:
On another note, i finally reached S rank! I feel like I'm gonna regret it LMAO

I'm S+9 and I don't see a drastic difference in skills as compared to B- when I started the game.

There's a motorcycle jacket for sale today in my game, and I bought it and immediately started playing Cool Rider from Grease 2.

Had a sweaty rank up match on Mahi Mahi Tower Control where we only won in overtime by 2 points with the tower on our side. I'm finally out of B hell. Meanwhile, Salmon Run has me suffering in Part-Timer because teammates their matches, disconnect, or don't know what to do in general.

I've been taking Anarchy pretty slow, so I just got to S+. The funny thing is I've found Series less stressful than Open. Something about the ever-increasing amount of points subtracted for a loss in Open (small though it may be), with no medal system to bail you out.

Had a really fun first run at Salmon Run where everything seemed to click well with a few clutch moments like saving the team from a wipe at the very end. Then we all went to shit for the next two runs.

The Splatoon giveth, the Splatoon taketh. This is the way.

Anyways, am I doing this fashion thing right?
fPq9k8r.jpg

A few days ago I mentioned that the Howard Johnson's ink matchup was my favorite, well here are my other top ink matchups...

logo.png

golden-grahams.png

Got the last piece of headgear needed to have all the currently available headgears in-game. 7 body pieces, and 4 shoes remaining before I have all the gear in the game, but nobody in my square's wearing stuff I need! :<

I dunno if my Dad Heart can take the ups and downs of playing games online much longer lol, especially when the online is this shaky. I really hope Nintendo is putting in the time and resources to revamp their infrastructure because WOW. I haven’t played a game with this many network issues in ages. Just fully takes away from what is an awesome game at the core.

PS — Finally tried the card game after the online shitting the bed and it’s awesome.

Signed,
A Triple Triad Superfan

I lost my A+ to S rank up battle last night. Only have like 12 points to try again, but I'm gonna try in the daytime instead of 3am CST.
Once I hit S I'm gonna start checking out the comp community to see if I can join a team to help me get better from there! Really excited for that!

Back
Top Bottom