• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Legit my face 😔

Anyways just to not be too offtopic — when we expect the next trailer of the new season? Do you think they will show a trailer or just like last time?
I expect it the week after TotK comes out. Really hope we get an actual trailer this time though, more interesting than a static picture that reveals everything imo.

Legit my face 😔

Anyways just to not be too offtopic — when we expect the next trailer of the new season? Do you think they will show a trailer or just like last time?
I think the week from the 15-19th. I'm not expecting a trailer though, if they don't have a trailer for the season with Kraken they won't have it for whatever is in this season either (unless it's something really special)

I expect a trailer around Tuesday the 22nd, they'll give Zelda that whole week to itself. They might do the same thing they did with Xenoblade and drop the Splatoon trailer and an NSO update at the same time. Last season the expansion pass took the trailer, which will probably happen again for season 5 in September.

That feeling when you only get one (1) medal at the end of a match and it's "#1 damage taker" :(

They really should give 100 coins for each gold medal you get (and 50 for silver). It would be a nice reward and would help a lot with the awful grinding.

Edit: I just reached level 100! :p

Last edited:
I expect a trailer around Tuesday the 22nd, they'll give Zelda that whole week to itself. They might do the same thing they did with Xenoblade and drop the Splatoon trailer and an NSO update at the same time. Last season the expansion pass took the trailer, which will probably happen again for season 5 in September.
I think that week would be a bit late, seeing how they like to go in on details about the season, reveal kits etc. on twitter for a while before it releases.

Team Wisdom but I don’t think I’m going to be playing much this weekend since I’m trying to finish up Live A Live before TotK drops

Gonna turn off the message bubbles because I know someone is gonna use it to spoiler TOTK. Kinda like how Ash Paulson was spoiled on GoT episode from Smash MiiVerse stage.

For Grizzco, what are some suggestions to team up with cooperative random folks? I wonder if there is a pool that would have such a group of people; that would help a ton in gathering scales.

Thank you for reading.

Ready for another weekend of Fins In The Air, 'Til Depth Do Us Part, and Liquid Sunshine booming in my headphones.

I have only done two battles: one against power and another against courage. Lost both matches, so I unequivocally conclude that wisdom will lose. Sorry, Zelda.

So playing with a roller and a pro controller tonight and doing pretty darn well has me rethinking my split joycons adherence. Also it felt incredibly comfortable too!

So, after a few hours playing on Pro, I think that the team to watch is Courage. I've seen Big Man announcing several 100x victories and the only matches where we have lost have been against green (the ink is soooo pretty).

Edit: I can't believe that after I posted this, we lost the last 7 battles against both teams 🙃

Edit 2: I really jinxed it. Haven't won a battle in the last 45 minutes. I don't know how that's possible :p

Last edited:
FvcKE8KaMAEhrd0

My miiverse post for Wisdom :)

Couple of thoughts on this first full day of the Splatfest, first the obligatory outfit post.

Second, I've been getting rolled by Team Courage so far.
Third, a Salmon Run random weapons rotation the same weekend as the Splatfest? How cruel!

I do not enjoy being forced to play Turf War for 48h every month, especially now that there's 3 teams so there's an even bigger chance you'll have to play solo bc your friends are on a different team.

Just had a Salmon Run round of
Two Tenta Brellas
Dynamo Roller
Inkbrush
High Tide
Fog
We were doomed from the start lol

Second, I've been getting rolled by Team Courage so far.

In other individual-Splatfest-experiences-tell-us-nothing news, every single representative of Team Green I've faced has been an absolute low tier scrub. I'm sorry to report, Courage Crew, this evidence means you're guaranteed to come dead last. Or 100% win it all. Either way, the result is a foregone conclusion.

I do not enjoy being forced to play Turf War for 48h every month, especially now that there's 3 teams so there's an even bigger chance you'll have to play solo bc your friends are on a different team.

Just... Talk with your friends and pick a team together. It's not really complicated.

In other individual-Splatfest-experiences-tell-us-nothing news, every single representative of Team Green I've faced has been an absolute low tier scrub. I'm sorry to report, Courage Crew, this evidence means you're guaranteed to come dead last. Or 100% win it all. Either way, the result is a foregone conclusion.
In my individual experience, Courage is also Not Good, though I did manage to win a x100 battle with them :)

I think I militantly give up on completing this season's catalog, honestly. It just makes me feel forced to play way more than I naturally would and feel like a chore in general.

The seasonal model and the catalog are the worst things Splatoon 3 has brought. I'm seriously hoping the next game doesn't bring them back.

Well I feel fairly certain Wisdom is not winning, I have been bad, my teammates have been bad, Team Power and Courage x100 announcements a plenty but only a few for us I've seen.

Well I feel fairly certain Wisdom is not winning, I have been bad, my teammates have been bad, Team Power and Courage x100 announcements a plenty but only a few for us I've seen.
Lookin' dire on the mean streets of Splatsville for Team Wisdom.

To me, Splatfest is like if you had a club, where people can play two games: chess, and tic-tac-toe for those who don't like chess.

However, on random weekends, they suddenly do not allow you to play chess. If you like chess, but tic-tac-toe is too boring for you, you can simply leave and go do something else.

But it's totally all made up for by the fact they have 3 person tic tac toe on those weekends!

I think I militantly give up on completing this season's catalog, honestly. It just makes me feel forced to play way more than I naturally would and feel like a chore in general.

The seasonal model and the catalog are the worst things Splatoon 3 has brought. I'm seriously hoping the next game doesn't bring them back.
I don't think I've gotten past Level 25 on any of the catalogs yet. But yea, as soon as it was clear they were adding a Battle Pass type feature I was a little miffed because I absolutely bristle at games that try to get me to play on their schedule and not mine. It just doesn't work for me especially when I'm in "gaming tourist" mode and not willing to dive deep into a game.

Salmon Run in Splat 2 I could sort of forgive because I'm sure there was some internal debate about how much it would resonate with players and trying to corral the player base to specific timeslots to ensure there was a pool of like-minded people isn't a horrendous idea. And with Splat 3 opening it up 24/7 I'm pretty sure that my theory is accurate.

To me, Splatfest is like if you had a club, where people can play two games: chess, and tic-tac-toe for those who don't like chess.

However, on random weekends, they suddenly do not allow you to play chess. If you like chess, but tic-tac-toe is too boring for you, you can simply leave and go do something else.

But it's totally all made up for by the fact they have 3 person tic tac toe on those weekends!
I honestly don't understand why they can't apply Splatfest matchmaking to the other modes including Salmon Run. I feel like that would lend to a more fun celebration rather than forcing everyone into the same event.

Thinking ahead to next season, I'm going to make a bold and probably wrong prediction and say that they're going to make the first weapon that sort of doesn't fit rigidly into a weapon class. The weapon itself will be a typewriter eraser and will be treated in-game as a splatling but sort of operate like a brush, with the eraser's brush delivering the ink. Its unique quality is that it will spit out ink around it while charging, effectively acting as a shorter range sprinkler as long as the fire button is held, with some of the threads of the brush flailing about as it does. If the player holds the charge it would consume ink after the charge has been completed. The weapon's range and charge time would be somewhere between the mini and nautilus and it would do slightly less damage per shot. It would basically be Splatoon's equivalent of the minigun in TF2 that spouted flames around the player.

It will be named the something goofy like the Flailing or the Sprinkling. SRL and Sheldon will make Claes Oldenburg proud and furiously speculate about whether its a brush or a splatling but will not explain what a typewriter eraser is for anyone under 50

Last edited:
I'm HATING this Triforce map. It's constantly reminding me of the things I dislike about S3 and its wrecked sense of balance, to the point where I wouldn't mind if the Splatfests were over for good.

It's the first Tricolor map I'm not enjoying.

I really, really don't like the Grizzco Splatana. I think it's the only Grizzco weapon that's objectively worse than it's normal version... it's also a worse version of another Grizzco weapon (Slosher)

This Triforce map is honestly one of the better ones, however the fact that anyone can basically walk into your spawn point is not good and there are also problems as with any other maps, being it small etc. You basically see the whole map if you stand on top. But I enjoy it somewhat.

Last edited:
The amount of 'suavemente' references I'm seeing from Team Power makes me happy

I like the Triforce Map as a roller player because it's super easy to run people over in.

After three Tricolor matches I feel confident enough to repeat myself from last Splatfest: No way the leading team loses this. Congrats Team Power.

Getting that first signal can absolutely turn the match, though, if the attackers have specials and weapons to take advantage of the high ground they now get for free. I never managed to work how the reticule behaves with slopes - or really heigh changes of any kind - into my muscle memory so this is a good day to take the buckets for a spin.

They announced Dutch championships!

I'm terrified 😅

And of course the qualifiers have to start 5 days after Zelda. I can't grind Splatoon and play Zelda at the same time!

Screenshot_20230507_182042_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Much better results today, and I got my catalogue to level 100, so that just about wraps up my time with this game until the next season begins, aside from a few days here and there where I decide to load it up to stay fresh.
Oh, and "Till Depth Do Us Part" remains the best song in the game.

They announced Dutch championships!

I'm terrified 😅

And of course the qualifiers have to start 5 days after Zelda. I can't grind Splatoon and play Zelda at the same time!

Screenshot_20230507_182042_Chrome.jpg
You have waited ~6 years for the BotW sequel, TotK can wait a few more days. Best of luck, Lucy! Make us proud! 💖

I've been getting non-stop x333 tickers for Team Wisdom all Splatfest, which is funny because my W/L ratio has been pretty miserable in Turf War. From my own experience playing I'd be surprised if Team Wisdom won but anecdotally it seems like they're winning a bunch of games that matter.

Tricolor hasn't been so bad in comparison. Having won both on Attacker and Defender teams I really think loadout dictates the map more than anything. Inkbrush has treated me extremely well on it.

I agree, loadout was everything. No strategy, really. Once I started using the Splattershot Jr. and spammed bombs everywhere, everything went so smoothly.

Anyway, it's finally over. Ended up with only 66 conch shells and Ruler +4. It was my least played Splatfest so far.

Back
Top Bottom