• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (World's End Splatfest announced)

Is there anything more annoying than a Splattershot Jr. spamming bombs and Big Bubbler? 🙃

Sure
IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

So cool! 🤩
I need them (._. )

I'm in a Splatoon slump. It feels like the weapons I like to use, particularly the roller, can't do much against the common long range threats that can sit high and dry on most maps. I don't enjoy any competetive mode. Salmon Run feels less appealing after enjoying Big Run a lot. I mostly just log on to play TW which I enjoy the most.

I'm in a Splatoon slump. It feels like the weapons I like to use, particularly the roller, can't do much against the common long range threats that can sit high and dry on most maps. I don't enjoy any competetive mode. Salmon Run feels less appealing after enjoying Big Run a lot. I mostly just log on to play TW which I enjoy the most.
Try Tenta Brella! The weapon itself is not very strong, but the shield is really fun to deploy and with it you can just say nope to long range people. Or deploy the shield and then swim the opposite way and watch them waste their time destroying your empty shield.

It's a really unique and tactical weapon to cause chaos! Just don't expect to get kills easily

I wonder how much thought went into the ranking system. There're some good elements like the medals, but overall I think it does not do a sufficient job in separating people based on their skill level.

What's worse though is that it also poisons the matchmaking. Your ingame power level becomes less representative of your actual skill, because of the added randomness of how capable your teammates are with the bigger variance thanks to the worse rank system.

The best fix for the matchmaking would be changing up the rank system.

I kinda feel the same. And most of the time when I'm doing great, it seems more luck than skill. I don't know if I'm getting better at playing it and it appears the game is putting me against players way above my league sometimes. Never felt like this with Splatoon 2.
It comes and goes depending on the day and my mood, I suppose. Zelda will be a nice break from the game, I can't wait.

Also, content updates every 3 months suck!

I think it's partly why they are doing the Zelda splatfest, they know the game is going to have a steep dropoff in players outside of Japan after next weekend.

I'm truly torn on what team to pick... I kinda want to go Courage but it seems like the biggest and that tends to suck with mirror matches. On the other hand I'm worried Wisdom which was my initial choice is going to be too small.

I'm truly torn on what team to pick... I kinda want to go Courage but it seems like the biggest and that tends to suck with mirror matches. On the other hand I'm worried Wisdom which was my initial choice is going to be too small.
I was going to vote Power cause I really like the ink color, but no one on my friends list is voting for it, literally 0 votes/planning to join, so I guess I'm voting Wisdom (which is also the most popular choice on my friends list).

I was going to vote Power cause I really like the ink color, but no one on my friends list is voting for it, literally 0 votes/planning to join, so I guess I'm voting Wisdom (which is also the most popular choice on my friends list).
Cool, I might go Wisdom then if it's not gonna be way lower than the other two. :)

I usually go with the smallest team because it means matchmaking will favour me more...I can't tell which one would be the smallest this time around though...

The Splatoon Koushien 1st day champions of the normal division won their last game by a difference of exactly 0.1%!! I always find these Japan Splatoon events extremely fun to watch. Wish I could attend one day 🥺

There was an interview with Splatoon 3 staff in Famitsu a few days ago, I found someone translated on Twitter. Few tidbits like Side Order gameplay will be "different and new", on timing of updates, maps etc.

Last edited:
I have to agree that the Brellas are in need of something to make them better. I had a tough time with the Splat Brella, and also the Undercover. The kit felt like it isn't quite as helpful for it compared to Splatoon 2. Even then I am not sure if Ink Storm would help the Splat Brella, or the Undercover (whose alternate kit is shown to use it). Not sure about Tenta yet but so far it has a bit of promise for its wide cover.

For Splatfest, I guess it helps that all three have their merits since each of them represents a major character, so hopefully no sheer minority like Bigfoot in the previous one.

Thank you for reading.

I have to agree that the Brellas are in need of something to make them better. I had a tough time with the Splat Brella, and also the Undercover. The kit felt like it isn't quite as helpful for it compared to Splatoon 2. Even then I am not sure if Ink Storm would help the Splat Brella, or the Undercover (whose alternate kit is shown to use it). Not sure about Tenta yet but so far it has a bit of promise for its wide cover.
Been playing a lot of Tenta lately and it's pretty decent. Biggest issue is the shots being super flimsy, even when I hit people there's a chance part of the shot doesn't hit them because the shot consists of a lot of tightly bundled sprays. As a buff I would like to see something like minimum damage added for a shot. Still, it's my favourite weapon and the skill ceiling is super high, but it is one of the harder weapons to pick up and play from my experience.

Been playing a lot of Tenta lately and it's pretty decent. Biggest issue is the shots being super flimsy, even when I hit people there's a chance part of the shot doesn't hit them because the shot consists of a lot of tightly bundled sprays. As a buff I would like to see something like minimum damage added for a shot. Still, it's my favourite weapon and the skill ceiling is super high, but it is one of the harder weapons to pick up and play from my experience.
I HATE fighting against a good Tenta Brella user cause I know I'll lose :p
It hasn't been a huge issue in S3 because it isn't a popular weapon (which is a bit odd, cause the level design really feels like it's made for the shield with long and narrow corridors), but in S2 they were a nightmare for me. If they ever buff the shots, they should make the shield susceptible to Object Shredder once it has been detached/launched.

I HATE fighting against a good Tenta Brella user cause I know I'll lose :p
It hasn't been a huge issue in S3 because it isn't a popular weapon (which is a bit odd, cause the level design really feels like it's made for the shield with long and narrow corridors), but in S2 they were a nightmare for me. If they ever buff the shots, they should make the shield susceptible to Object Shredder once it has been detached/launched.

you dont see it much because, i believe, brella shields have been bugged since splatoon 3s launch and will randomly just not work.

There is a server maintenance scheduled in about 45 minutes.

Finally got 5 stars with the Squeezer and I switched to the Splattershot (Hero Shot Replica) to get the rest of the 1200 wins for Trizooka badge, and wow, what a rounded weapon. Feels very good to use/paint/splat. I'm missing the range of the Squeezer, tho :(

you dont see it much because, i believe, brella shields have been bugged since splatoon 3s launch and will randomly just not work.
Good! 😌 I kid... Mebbeh :b

Edit:

Last edited:
Yeah, the shield does not function correctly on ramps, at close range and against certain weapons (mostly Sloshing machines and splatanas). I hope they fix some of them in the next update but I'm not expecting it tbh

2 words, 7 + 6 letters, starts with an 'r'
I don't get it :(

Also I'm so tired of matchmaking regularly taking literally more than 10 minutes with "Not enough players. Please try again!" popping on screen over and over again.

X Battle is just a complete fiasco in every way, between the absurd divide of the player base among so many modes/regions, the weapons & player skill matchmaking, the points system...

I don't get it :(

Also I'm so tired of matchmaking regularly taking literally more than 10 minutes with "Not enough players. Please try again!" popping on screen over and over again.

X Battle is just a complete fiasco in every way, between the absurd divide of the player base among so many modes/regions, the weapons & player skill matchmaking, the points system...
Twas a joke with 'ranking system' as the answer.

But I agree about Xrank and the matchmaking. It feels so shit atm

Overall this game has a very good core Splatoon concept, like it feels fun to play. But at the same time so many other things are fumbled: Still the same music as at launch, matchmaking, rank system, new modes time locked, few new kits, uninspired and static maps, grindy as hell gacha, little actually new clothing, still no league battle, no easy tableturf matchmaking, slow and small balance updates, only 4 salmon run maps (2 of which old), salmon run scales grind fest, annoying UX, etc.

Overall this game has a very good core Splatoon concept, like it feels fun to play. But at the same time so many other things are fumbled

This has described Splatoon since inception: A great core looking for a shell to match. The gameplay itself is near impossible to refine any further, but for two sequels now the surrounding systems have been stumbling about and never quite tripping over the right solution.

Ryo Nagamatsu left Nintendo.

He composed my 4 favorite tunes in Splatoon 3 and a huge amount of favorite from the previous (and other) games. Sad that we won't be listening to his music in future Nintendo titles :(

Ryo Nagamatsu left Nintendo.

He composed my 4 favorite tunes in Splatoon 3 and a huge amount of favorite from the previous (and other) games. Sad that we won't be listening to his music in future Nintendo titles :(
oh no he wrote all my favorite jams, Shark Bytes, Nasty Majesty, and Tentacle to the Metal. Hope he continues to work with the Splat crew in the future.

Does anyone ever find that, it always takes so many losses to finally get your one 'Win a Day', that you don't play any more past that win? Just took me 7 rounds (both losses and 'draws') to win once, and after that it's like... why go on to more losses when I can just leave on a good note lol.

Does anyone ever find that, it always takes so many losses to finally get your one 'Win a Day', that you don't play any more past that win? Just took me 7 rounds (both losses and 'draws') to win once, and after that it's like... why go on to more losses when I can just leave on a good note lol.
And often when you finally win it's a steamroll win where the opponent had no chance that's not even that satisfying

Matchmaking is one of the worst parts of the game, and the fact it hasn't been fixed in 3 games means they inexplicably think it's good this way.
It's not even that it hasn't been fixed, it has been made worse. Both directly and indirectly through the ranking system.

On top of that, the maps have been dumbed down such that being skilled at fighting is almost the sole thing that matters. In Splatoon 1 and to a lesser extent 2, it was possible for a less skilled team to win through smart map usage. In this game there is no smart map usage, just fight fight fight, leading to every match feeling quite one dimensional: Which team can fight better?

It's not even that it hasn't been fixed, it has been made worse. Both directly and indirectly through the ranking system.

On top of that, the maps have been dumbed down such that being skilled at fighting is almost the sole thing that matters. In Splatoon 1 and to a lesser extent 2, it was possible for a less skilled team to win through smart map usage. In this game there is no smart map usage, just fight fight fight, leading to every match feeling quite one dimensional: Which team can fight better?
Never really put much thought about it, but you're absolutely right. You can't really deploy that many strategies and this game is very aggressive when it comes to play style. And it all comes down to level design. I miss S2 maps.

Back
Top Bottom