• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After going 10/50 and almost not having enough points to spend on rank, I finally switch to Hydra and been going swell since. Close to getting Rank S. Ended the day with a Conch Shell giving me this:

Fc01nZcakAEULfW

Finally got to lvl 10 so some modes opened up. Going to try them later

Last edited:
You know Cohozuna hp and difficulty scale with the number of players. Because the first time i see it, all my team was disconnect except me. My first encounter with him was mano a mano and i beat him easely. After that, not so much versus 4 players, hahaha.
I did not know that, so if someone disconnects during Cohozuna fight, it gets a bit easier to kill? Maybe I did not notice cuz the other bosses still super-overwhelmed us once the one player vanished... XD
Edit: Oh and Dynamo Roller is amazing during the Cannon Waves. You don't even need the Cannon. Just... Roll over all the Cohuks. It is SO satisfying

What happens if me, from EU, join a US lobby? Does it reach "unplayable" levels of lag?

Creative way to taunt your opponent after getting a splat, a bit too mean for my taste though lol

and for you guys who hate dynamo roller in Salmon run, it does have some use

Ok beat the FINAL final lever. Thank goodness it had Checkpoints at least. Once I got past the first checkpoint, it was a breeze.
Screw that one Tri-Stringer target stage tho, it is the one thing I did not bother beating :c
oh I thought you needed to beat every level to get to the last level. Guess I took that for granted because of 3D Mario.

Ok beat the FINAL final lever. Thank goodness it had Checkpoints at least. Once I got past the first checkpoint, it was a breeze.
Screw that one Tri-Stringer target stage tho, it is the one thing I did not bother beating :c
Why is that bit so hard

I've been playing most of the solo campaign in bed using the handheld gyro but that level with the Tri-Stringer made me get up, dock the switch, and plug in the pro controller

I was embarrassed for myself

Why is that bit so hard

I've been playing most of the solo campaign in bed using the handheld gyro but that level with the Tri-Stringer made me get up, dock the switch, and plug in the pro controller

I was embarrassed for myself
I know right?! It is literally the hardest thing in any Splatoon for me. That Girl Power one in Octo Expansion? The final level here? Totally fine for me. The damn Tri Stringer target one? Pretty sure that is what Hell is like. I got to the final part so many times but I just gave up. -w-

@Pflaumenmus12
No worries at all!

Dynamo has been one of my favorite weapons since the original Splatoon and it is SO good in Salmon Run. Being able to roll over even Cohucks is great. And it one-shots a lot of bosses with one big swing.
If you DO get overrun tho, it is nigh impossible to get ink enough to fight back D:

Dynamo is top tier in Salmon Run unless the overall team composition kneecaps it. Just means the end of going off and accomplishing things on your own. For every boss salmonid there's a weapon better suited to taking them out. Dynamo can concentrate on running over smallfries and keeping a path to the basket and the area around it clear. In this rotation I stick close to the Splatling for the most part and hope the other players know their roles.

I have one unexplored tile in the second area of the story mode. It's pretty center at the edge to the right. There is a unclimbable tower where you can go around as a squid. Does anyone have a solution to get to that spot?

I have one unexplored tile in the second area of the story mode. It's pretty center at the edge to the right. There is a unclimbable tower where you can go around as a squid. Does anyone have a solution to get to that spot?
So I had the same issue but I left the area and came back and it was filled in
Might have just gotten very lucky but might be worth trying

I beat it

With a splatling

Which felt wrong, but for something so long and without any room for error, the lack of checkpoints eventually splatted my patience and desire to persevere.

Would it hurt them to spare even ONE checkpoint?

Last edited:
I beat it

With s splatling

Which felt wrong, but for something so long and without any room for error, the lack of checkpoints eventually splatted my patience and desire to persevere.

Would it hurt them to spare even ONE checkpoint?
Yeah like, WHY no checkpoint at all. It is not only that it is so hard that gets me, it's how looong it takes to get to the parts that screws you over. It gives you so few actual opportunities to try things differently cuz it takes you forever to get back to where you failed.
I did with Splatling as well and no way I will try it more, it really feels bad with the Stringer

Thanks for the input but it sadly didn't work out :( I might just complete everything else first and come back to it later
Ah that’s too bad
Honestly that square is super annoying there’s no way to get up there so idk why they put it as a place you need to explore

I got the dab emote, and got my catalog to level 100! Unsurprisingly, there's another catalog but you only get a mystery box every 10 levels and nothing else.

You can paint an area to uncover it, you don't need to stand in it

Expanding upon Salmon Run seems like a great idea. Some new colour palettes and bigger maps would go a long way.

By the way, if you view Salmon Run as a parody on traditional Zombie Modes it's extra hilarious xD .

Salmon Run is such a fun and well designed mode. Everything about it works so well, even the sound effects of all the enemies are just perfect.
The sound of killing a Slammin' Lid is great, even. Satisfying.
I'd love new related modes and such for it tho. And I would LOVE to see even more Bosses be added. The extra variation goes a long way

I find it kinda funny how Nintendo used the name Salmon Run: Next Wave in all marketing before the game launched but now it's just Salmon Run.

Yeah like, WHY no checkpoint at all. It is not only that it is so hard that gets me, it's how looong it takes to get to the parts that screws you over. It gives you so few actual opportunities to try things differently cuz it takes you forever to get back to where you failed.
I did with Splatling as well and no way I will try it more, it really feels bad with the Stringer
The problem is too, the entire game, and previous games train you to always shoot when the X symbol on your retical appears. If you actually hit the targets you are completely screwed, so you have to unlearn 5+ years of muscle memory. So you have to train yourself, to not hit the targets.

I just did it with the blaster, did it first try.

This just scared me away from ever doing tristringer ever again.

The problem is too, the entire game, and previous games train you to always shoot when the X symbol on your retical appears. If you actually hit the targets you are completely screwed, so you have to unlearn 5+ years of muscle memory. So you have to train yourself, to not hit the targets.

I just did it with the blaster, did it first try.

This just scared me away from ever doing tristringer ever again.
Ugh, yeah probably that as well. I do intentionally try to avoid hitting with the actual Retical, but maybe it still messes with me a lot, for my actual aim.
Diabolical level. Fully fine, yes, with Blaster and Splatling. But the Stringer... -w-
Luckily I believe you do not unlock anything at all for beating every level with every weapon, so, I do not ever have to try it again, haha

I finished Return of the Mammalians

I just fought a huge swole capitalist bear, on a rocket, in space, to prevent him from achieving COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION.

Phase two involved being aided by a flying kaiju salmon and commandeering a spaceship (which is actually a mech) to defeat the bear with a vacuum.

My copy should be here Tuesday in the mail. Excited to see what all the hype is about? I barely know anything about this series so I’m assuming I’ll play single player to learn the basics before divulging into multiplayer (where I assume the meat is).

I just fought a huge swole capitalist bear, on a rocket, in space, to prevent him from achieving COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION.

Phase two involved being aided by a flying kaiju salmon and commandeering a spaceship (which is actually a mech) to defeat the bear with a vacuum.
so good. my GOTY for that sequence alone

The story mode kinda feels like it was directed by Kamiya minus the random genre change sections

Is it just me, or is the online in this game (at least Turf War)…way more difficult? Even when I’m number 1 on my team most of the time I regularly find myself on losing streaks, which I don’t remember happening a ton in Splatoon 2.

Is it just me, or is the online in this game (at least Turf War)…way more difficult? Even when I’m number 1 on my team most of the time I regularly find myself on losing streaks, which I don’t remember happening a ton in Splatoon 2.
This might be because you can now team up with friends in turf war

Also, has anyone been able to defeat Cohozuna this salmon run rotation? I tried him thrice but got his health no further down than 1/3

Also, has anyone been able to defeat Cohozuna this salmon run rotation? I tried him thrice but got his health no further down than 1/3
Just kept firing with mini splatling and voilà. The stomach hitbox is much smaller than you'd expect, you never take any damage even if you're basically touching it

This might be because you can now team up with friends in turf war

Roll into him with the dynamo, if you can get yourself stuck in a corner you can hit him over and over again without being pushed back

In general you wanna be rolling with the dynamo in this rotation.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom