• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (World's End Splatfest announced)

I was going to go team Gear for Splatfest, but my character would definitely choose fun so…fun it is!

Can you change the lobby music?

Also team grub, you gotta eat

Just got to the third (or, sorta 4th) Boss, I LOVE what it did.
Now to go to the Final Boss, I see people are praising it quite a bunch so I am very excited.
Also
That feeling when you get a Cohozuna wave but one player vanishes right as the round starts...

I was super busy and only got to sneak in a little Splatoon here and there this last week, so I’m excited I should have way more free time again coming up.

Been largely doing very well on the disconnect issue until tonight where I had three in a row. One was so defeating since we were about to win a Splat Zones round and my final series game before it decided to disconnect. Ended up losing the next match :/

Generally though my multiplayer experience has been excellent. Having a great time and I’ve had some very good games where I got 20+ kills. I’m sad there is no Splashdown special anymore for the Splattershot, but I really like the Trizooka. Reminds me a lot of Uncharted multiplayer with the basic RPG special I always gravitated towards. Still getting the hang of it with moving characters, but it feels so satisfying when it all works out.

I’ve barely started single player and made it past the prologue. Very excited to play through it this weekend. It’s my top priority! I haven’t touched Salmon Run yet, but hope to soon.

Is there a list of what you can unlock for Multiplayer through the Single player Campaign?
Off the top of my head
DJ Octavio badge (by beating Octavio)
Hero Gear (by beating the campaign)
Cap'n Cuttlefish badge (by beating the campaign)
Memorial sticker (by beating the campaign)
Island stickers (by fully surveying each respective island, you have to talk to Marie afterward to collect these)
Callie & Marie badge (by maxing out the Hero Rank)
Mr. Grizz badge (by beating the Secret Kettle)
Alternan / World Champ title (by beating the Secret Kettle)
Teddy Band Headgear (by beating the Secret Kettle)

The integration with the Nintendo phone app is really well done. I'm honestly surprised.
Loving this game.

The disconnects were much improved last night post-patch. Well done.

It's frustrating that all Nintendo's apps are geo-restricted on iPhone where I live - can't even download them. Wasn't a problem on Android so I'm wondering what's up with that. I remember the online app being useful for Splatoon 2.

Humorously, this is because I live in the Caribbean. I've spent plenty of time on deserted islands. And I'm choosing "gear".

Beat the Final Boss.
I am not sure if the developers are consistently drunk or not, but whatever it is, I love what they do. It always goes SO far into "What the hell", and I am here for it
Very cool and good and etc
Now the long wait for the Big Scale Single Player DLC :c

You can start collecting Conch Shells now with the impending Splatfest, which is a unique currency that can be used for Shell-Out Machines. The shells you collect during the Splatfest also have an impact on the team's results.

However there is a bug where these shells might disappear if you haven't already selected your Splatfest team. You are supposedly not meant to be able to collect these if you haven't already selected a team. If you haven't done it yet, be sure to do this before you go back to playing since otherwise your shells might disappear.

Speaking of the Splatfest, if you put your shirt in your locker, will it disappear after the event?

I'm finally getting around to Octo Expansion and it is blowing me away. What a rush of creativity!

I may pick up Splatoon 3 tonight. Am I in for a similarly good time with the campaign?

I may pick up Splatoon 3 tonight. Am I in for a similarly good time with the campaign?
I'd say yes, but with a better hubworld and slightly less challenging levels (although they can still be quite difficult depending on weapon choice)

Last edited:
I am still a bit annoyed at one thing
The text, during most cutscenes, goes by automatically SO quickly. D:
The text during a specific moment in Octo Expansion literally moves so fast I struggled to read most of it in time while also taking in what was going on.
Same problem, basically, in this one. Not sure if anyone else notice that, maybe I read slow.

I am still a bit annoyed at one thing
The text, during most cutscenes, goes by automatically SO quickly. D:
The text during a specific moment in Octo Expansion literally moves so fast I struggled to read most of it in time while also taking in what was going on.
Same problem, basically, in this one. Not sure if anyone else notice that, maybe I read slow.
Yeah, I found it slightly too fast as well, and I would consider myself to be pretty ok at English. It's a shame as some of the dialogue is really good, especially that of the final boss

Yeah, I found it slightly too fast as well, and I would consider myself to be pretty ok at English. It's a shame as some of the dialogue is really good, especially that of the final boss
Thank you, yes, very much agreed. It is no HUGE deal, but it makes it a bit harder to take in what happens sometimes, when I know I have to rush to read something, while something cool happens on screen.
Honestly, Splatoon is one of the Nintendo games I really want to have voice acting in, at least for the Single Player. Let Callie and Marie talk!

Map and weapons should change every 40 hours (36 apparently). I'm not sure about the gear reward
They rotate every 36 hours.
It's every 40 hours for the weapon rotation, which also resets the bonuses.

The gear will probably change every month like in S2, because every 3 months (when the season/catalog changes) is way too long to be getting the same piece of gear.

The current map for Salmon Run is brutally hard. If the horde pushes you towards center, you're done.
I had a super satisfying Cohozuna Wave earlier. A few seconds left, all my teammates were dead, and I dodge rolled with my dualies and shot it to death JUST in time.
But yes the loadout right now is very hard, haha

So after my ordeal getting codes for this game, I have had 5 days to play this game... and fuck, it is really damn good. I am now focusing on story mode mainly, and damn, it is really really good. Level design grabs the best from OctoExpansion, the best for Splatoon 1, and just gives us such a refined, focused, and lean experience. Loving it.

This game is content packed. Yeah, this is a full on sequel. I love Splatoon 2 to death, have so many hours on it, but this feels like such a culmination of what the team started with the first game.

What I really love about this is the gameplay loop and the rewards. Between the catalogue, the badges, the banners, the gatcha machine - I have a satisfying loop outside of the game modes to hit all the right boxes instead of just grinding for abilities and cash. Speaking of cash, I like that weapons no longer cost money, but tickets. In Splatoon 1 and 2, I was constantly rich and I would walk in and just clean out everything and had nothing else to work for. That, paired that clothing items actually have a good economy behind them - I am constantly going broke, which keeps the loop going. Good move right there.

Also, the new SplatNet app is actually really good for quick stats, info, and exclusive timed gear.

Loving it so far.

Have yet to try Salmon Run, because all the horror stories about how brutal it is in this game compared to the previous entry has me a bit... hesitant lol

It's every 40 hours for the weapon rotation, which also resets the bonuses.

The gear will probably change every month like in S2, because every 3 months (when the season/catalog changes) is way too long to be getting the same piece of gear.
yeah, iirc SplatNet 3 calls it the monthly reward

So after my ordeal getting codes for this game, I have had 5 days to play this game... and fuck, it is really damn good. I am now focusing on story mode mainly, and damn, it is really really good. Level design grabs the best from OctoExpansion, the best for Splatoon 1, and just gives us such a refined, focused, and lean experience. Loving it.

This game is content packed. Yeah, this is a full on sequel. I love Splatoon 2 to death, have so many hours on it, but this feels like such a culmination of what the team started with the first game.

What I really love about this is the gameplay loop and the rewards. Between the catalogue, the badges, the banners, the gatcha machine - I have a satisfying loop outside of the game modes to hit all the right boxes instead of just grinding for abilities and cash. Speaking of cash, I like that weapons no longer cost money, but tickets. In Splatoon 1 and 2, I was constantly rich and I would walk in and just clean out everything and had nothing else to work for. That, paired that clothing items actually have a good economy behind them - I am constantly going broke, which keeps the loop going. Good move right there.

Also, the new SplatNet app is actually really good for quick stats, info, and exclusive timed gear.

Loving it so far.

Have yet to try Salmon Run, because all the horror stories about how brutal it is in this game compared to the previous entry has me a bit... hesitant lol
Don't worry about Salmon Run. It STARTS out really easy at least lol. It does get pretty ridiculous though, but you have some ranking up to do before that.

Trying to get the hang of Table Turf. The games I played against the cpu were fun, but still trying to figure out some of the mechanics like specials which I don’t fully get.

When you play against real players, is it real time or am I playing against their pre-made deck?

just played a turf war against a team with three chargers and a wiper

it was war of attrition but we won because they didn't push or turf their base at all

just sat in the middle, waiting to win

Been loving the game, although I've been getting all the in-game items and as such need to find ways to make more money. Been scraping by doing Salmon Run's getting just enough for items I want from the Splatfest shop when it refreshes...

So weird how Squid Surge stops your ink tank from refilling at max speed but Squid Roll doesn't. I'd have thought the opposite

Finally found a rotation where the Jet Squelcher did better than the Hydra Splatling. Although I'm side-eyeing the match-making. Topping the kill lists, lowest in deaths, record long losing streak on the Hydra. As soon as I switch to the Jet, I'm suddenly in matches with rollers who simply ... roll at me. Those can't have come from the same queue as the absolute beasts that tore up my frontlines over and over and over again.

Literally haven't won a single match all day despite consistently going 8-5, 11-6, etc and always being #1 for turf :(

Literally haven't won a single match all day despite consistently going 8-5, 11-6, etc and always being #1 for turf :(
Yeah the few bits of turf I’ve done while do story mode - am I crazy or is everyone playing absurdly good compared to Splatoon 2?

Is this the consequence of teams of three or four playing against randoms in Turf?

Just got to the third (or, sorta 4th) Boss, I LOVE what it did.
Now to go to the Final Boss, I see people are praising it quite a bunch so I am very excited.
Also
That feeling when you get a Cohozuna wave but one player vanishes right as the round starts...
You know Cohozuna hp and difficulty scale with the number of players. Because the first time i see it, all my team was disconnect except me. My first encounter with him was mano a mano and i beat him easely. After that, not so much versus 4 players, hahaha.

I'm now realizing that there are only 3 maps on Salmon Run, and one of them is my most disliked map from S2 (I actually HATE Spawning Grounds).
They could have brought any other [better] map, cause they didn't change a thing about it, it's exactly the same, so why not bring the others?

Also, did anyone notice how the glowflies in Spawning Grounds are the same as S2 but in the other two new maps the effect is different (and cooler)? What's up with that?

Is it me or do salmonoids hit way harder now? I've been stuck on Profreshional +2 for days, and I could count with one hand the times we have cleared the 3 waves. Some specials feel kind of useless and a couple of bosses don't seem balanced for fun or [good] challenge at all, like, they only spam to annoy (UFO/lid and pillar/stick), which I get it, but at least the other bosses have a good gimmick.

I suppose because of the egg throwing mechanic, they thought the mode would become too easy, and if you didn't need ink to throw, I could somewhat agree, I guess, but it feels (to me) that they made the game harder to compensate for the throw without actually balancing the spawn rate, specials, and bosses.
Never in Splatoon 2 the difficulty or challenge felt or seemed unfair like it does here.

Fly Fish and Stinger feel much harder to avoid at higher levels to me. Not sure if they've actually sped up their tracking or not, but it feels like it.

I'm now realizing that there are only 3 maps on Salmon Run, and one of them is my most disliked map from S2 (I actually HATE Spawning Grounds).
They could have brought any other [better] map, cause they didn't change a thing about it, it's exactly the same, so why not bring the others?
Lost Outpost and Ark Polaris won't come back because they won't work with fish sticks and big shot without being pretty much completely redesigned (and they'd both make Cohozuna way way more difficult than he already is). I'd expect Smokeyard and Marooner's Bay to return

Back
Top Bottom