• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (World's End Splatfest announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I hate that these squids and octopi are so much more fashionable than me. I wear a hoodie with shorts and I look like a dork, these characters do it and it's the coolest thing.
It's OK, you could rock the Pikmin jackets instead.

8pa3LTZ.jpeg

I got 5 stars with the Hero Shot Replica last night. Felt longer than usual.

Thread is a little dead, so I might as well post a couple of videos.
I stopped using Twitter* since February (🖕🏻EM), so uploading them is a little inconvenient now :p

* I am really out of the loop now when it comes to Splatoon info/data now, I wish the community would migrate somewhere else :( (and I don't know know how to Discord)

Oh good, I was worried that shooters weren't popular enough. Whenever a Splatoon match is happening without a shooter, Lil Judd should ask "Where's the largest and most common weapon class in the game?"

Paintbrush
  • Reduced the amount of ink consumed when swinging the brush by approximately 25%
  • Reduced the amount of ink consumed when holding the ZR Button to paint while moving ahead by approximately 25%.
Ayyy? I might use it now.

We're now seeing the first weapons to get 170p, which feels longer than the time it takes for Splatoon 2 to have its first weapons with it. But I can't say that the choices don't deserve them, since they have lower-than-average painting, and Clash Neo notably might have a bit of trouble with poking, while Carbon Roller is too short-ranged as a Zipcaster weapon.

The Super Chump looks to combo a bit better when 1 near + 1 far blast KOs. Hopefully the decoys are respected better than before.

Luna getting an accuracy upgrade? I hope other blasters follow because Intensify Action requires too many AP to see a noticeable change. I think Blaster especially have too much shot deviation.

Sprinkler getting longer max paint is interesting and I wonder how much it could help. I think it could help if it has more HP from the get go, only diminishing if its painting diminished (to the current HP).

Angle Shooter with its 40 damage is a change that is nice to have, but the only weapon I think combos better now is Jet Squelcher, now becoming 2-shot after applying one hit. Crab Tank possibly (thanks to Splattershot Pro), but that's only for the rapid fire mode (40+32*2=104).

Thank you for reading.

Making Tri Nouveau 190p while keeping Zap 180p AND buffing the main weapon is pure insanity and makes me think they're just spinning the wheel on what to change

The Ink Vac buff is them throwing their hands up and telling us the special as it was envisioned can't be balanced. "All we can do is make it a second Booyah Bomb on a different kind of delay with the original concept being an occasional side-benefit."

The Ink Vac buff is them throwing their hands up and telling us the special as it was envisioned can't be balanced. "All we can do is make it a second Booyah Bomb on a different kind of delay with the original concept being an occasional side-benefit."
I feel the same about Angle Shooter. The damage buffs don't make much sense to me... I wish they'd give it buffs to increase its unique behaviour instead of making it more lethal.

Angle Shooter imo feels like it should have its ink consumption reduced before anything else.

I want to use that thing but it is kind of hard to land and missing feels miserable.

Code:
Aerospray        | 181 -> 200 shots per ink tank (= 2-3 subs of ISM)
Splattershot     | 6 -> 5° shot spread on land
N-ZAP            | 6 -> 5° shot spread on land
Luna Blaster     | 8 -> 6° shot spread while jumping (= 3 subs of IA), better Intensify Action curve
Dynamo Roller    | 65 -> 55 frames white ink after horizontal swing / 80 -> 70 frames after vertical
Painbrush        | 15 -> 20 swings per ink tank / roll also more ink efficient (= 2 mains ISM)
Tri-Stringer     | strafe speed 60 -> 68 (1 main 3 subs of RSU)) / explosion damage: 28*3=84 -> 30*3=90

The Tri-Stringer buff also means higher object damage btw. Most notably now it will 2 shot Crab Tank even without Object Shredder

Then they should just give it armor then even if its only 10 HP cuz easy to die atm. The buff on Ink Vac wouldnt be as lackluster if you could shoot it whenver you want though. Thier not gonna do this though as given the specials they gave to Jet Squelcher, they probaly feel player freedom will lead to Special Spam. They have been traumatized by Splatoon 2 Jet Squelcher. Meh...they could be right but i feel they could also meet players halfway if they don't want to make big changes ro the special. Being able to fire after 3 of the 6 seconds could work maybe.

Is there any english-speaking Splattuber who doesn't cover balance updates solely from their own competitive bubble? I'd love a go-to source on factors like X-Power Top 500 weapon performance or japanese meta developments that might be at least as important in understanding the dev's decisions as the western tournament scene.

Been a hot minute since I played. Didn't even do the last Splatfest. Hopped back in today without even knowing there was a patch. Decided to check the patch notes.

Uh what the fuck Nintendo?

I remember signing up for Twitter back during the days of Splatoon 2 only because the ability to submit posts, since between that and Facebook that one looked convenient. It ended up only being used to submit photos/videos that I like, even though I did not use the account frequently. I do wonder if this means that we can submit text posts again like in the Miiverse days. The obvious drawback being how rough it would be for moderation if you can submit text.

If this is the method going forward, it would be interesting to see the long term sustainability of this. Since I imagine that the ability to see the images might be depreciated if their server ever goes down. Hopefully a method to preserve the posts is being worked on.

Thank you for reading.

It's the return of THAT Splatfest! Now with three options instead of two this time.

For reference, Splatoon 1 has Love vs. Money in Japan only, while Splatoon 2 is Money vs. Love (note the reverse options). Now in Splatoon 3, we have the extra Fame option. It's interesting that Frye is stuck with the Fame option, but maybe it's because Big Man is not suited for it.

800px-Japanese_Splatfest_Love_vs_Money.jpg

800px-S2_Splatfest_Money_vs_Love.png

If we go by past history, Love is likely to win because in those two cases, Love wins. Maybe Fame might shake up the matchup, we'll see.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Im going to go with Fame because poor Frye needs all the help she can get

Removing the social media requirement for posts is not a surprising move given the state of that industry, but it makes me wonder if they will continue to moderate them well. I always assumed that requirement existed mostly to cut down on spam

Last edited:
I honestly don't know if this is sarcasm or you're actually OK with the damage/distance (._. )
Look at it this way: shooters fire 5 to 15 times per second (.96 Gal -> Aerospray), while Dynamo doesn't even get 1 full swing per second. The worst rng set for a shooter is 40% chance to shoot outside the center reticle while on land and that's not even accounting for the first few shots having almost no rng for most (all?) of them. In 1 second, it's extremely unlikely that a shooter won't kill a continuously well-aimed-at target, let alone do no damage whatsoever.

While rng is certainly a disadvantage in combat for shooters, it's nothing compared to what Dynamo goes through. In that same 1 second, it's likely that Dynamo might do no damage whatsoever based purely on rng. Hell, it can go multiple seconds like that, even with multiple targets in range. Then when you add the weapon's incredibly poor ink efficiency to the mix... It makes for a weapon with incredible weaknesses, and incredibly inconsistent reward.

Dynamo's just in such a sad state and since years Nintendo keeps refusing to actually fix the problem.

Splattershot Pro still feels like it has not improved much at all. Certainly it's painted better but it's still fires slower than many shooters and Angle Shooter is difficult to use. And maybe it's also because I am inexperienced with Crab Tank. For some reason I fared a bit better with Jet Squelcher, though that might be because Ink Vac is a bit easier to use for me.

I haven't give Clash Blaster Neo a dabble, but if competitive players are correct, the changes to the weapon is probably not going to make it viable. It still would be my favourite to use, but it's rough that it's considered a subpar weapon. It could drop to 150p and it might still not be given the time of day.

Thank you for reading.

Well, I can say top 50% goodbye for tonight's monthly challenge cause I just lost 7 matches in a row. Is Hagglefish a bad Rainmaker map? Please discuss it in groups of three 🤓

Look at it this way: shooters fire 5 to 15 times per second (.96 Gal -> Aerospray), while Dynamo doesn't even get 1 full swing per second. The worst rng set for a shooter is 40% chance to shoot outside the center reticle while on land and that's not even accounting for the first few shots having almost no rng for most (all?) of them. In 1 second, it's extremely unlikely that a shooter won't kill a continuously well-aimed-at target, let alone do no damage whatsoever.

While rng is certainly a disadvantage in combat for shooters, it's nothing compared to what Dynamo goes through. In that same 1 second, it's likely that Dynamo might do no damage whatsoever based purely on rng. Hell, it can go multiple seconds like that, even with multiple targets in range. Then when you add the weapon's incredibly poor ink efficiency to the mix... It makes for a weapon with incredible weaknesses, and incredibly inconsistent reward.

Dynamo's just in such a sad state and since years Nintendo keeps refusing to actually fix the problem.
Thank you very much for such detailed explanation. I get it now.
While can't say I've used the Dynamo for more than a couple of times, my experience fighting against it wouldn't ever let me know/thought/believe its current state, as I've always died with one swing :p

Last edited:
Do you get 1 token per challenge day or per shift/period in the challenge (meaning 3 tokes per challenge)?
Just checked. You only get one stamp card per event, doesn't matter if you play it again at a different time. How come I have 8 tokens but there have been only 7 challenges? :p

The Trizooka's improvement is really nice, even though it's not my favourite special because it requires precise aiming (a reason I didn't gel with Inkjet), though Trizooka is slightly better since you strictly have 3 shots and you can move a bit more freely, and the shots are larger.

With that said, I think Clash Blaster could see a bit of improvement. I really think that its direct damage could be bumped to 70 so that it becomes a 2-shot if you manage to get a direct, thus making them more deadly if you can aim with it. Or at least, make it so that 1 direct + 1 indirect becomes a KO (rather than 1 direct + 2 indirects) to match the Rapid Blaster and Rapid Blaster Pro, albeit slightly weaker. Oh, and it should at least paint better, similar to the Grizzco Blaster because that is a blaster that won't have any issue with turf coverage, but the painting shouldn't be as drastic.

Thank you for reading.

It seems like they're hearing the complaints about how infrequent challenges are. They're doing a 3-day streak for repeating challenges soon, and then again near the end of August.

We'll also get the Zipcaster Only and High Jump challenges this month

One thing I would prefer for challenges is that each challenge takes place for more than three 2-hour slots. It doesn't necessarily need to be 24 hours in a row (though that would be preferred), but at least like 18 hours so that the times that they can be taken is flexible. Something similar to how Salmon Run ran in Splatoon 2 where each run has a 6 hour cooldown before the next one.

Thank you for reading.

7AaQ9xI.jpg

I don't think I've ever had such a losing streak in all my years playing Splatoon.
Like WTF?! I couldn't believe it. I honestly didn't know if it was me not being good, the Internet connection, or just bad luck and teammates. I finally was able to win one and I almost threw up for real.

This weekend I had the laggiest matches ever. And so many disconnects from other players. It wasn't normal.

Edit:

All is OK again.

3ZBrSJj.jpg

I was getting really frustrated and unnerving ._.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom