• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (World's End Splatfest announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
smacks someone in the face with Dynamo... they survive
Carbon looks at me... I explode and die
It is unbelievable how awful the Dynamo is.

From my experience, Vanilla are skilled and tend to be 50/50 matches, while Strawberry are much easier to beat. Very few ditto matches so far which is nice.

Played for a solid 4 hours (as team mint) and didn't see strawberry once. Won a 333x battle for the first time.

Only question is whether vanilla completely dominated popularity or if mint has a decent number of votes.

Know what we need
A new Splatling, Slosher and Brella.
Maybe a Splatling that charges up 3 Big bullets, so you shoot 3 Esplosher-like projectiles from one full charge
Maybe a brella who's brella stays in place, like a small Inkwall.
And a Slosher that is just a heavy Bloblobber that tosses one giant ball.

I think this has been one of the closest Splatfests. No team feels significantly more overwhelming than the others when it comes to battles/victories. Except for Strawberry being the least popular, it seems even.

Has this been the map with the least amount of modifications for Tricolor?

Last edited:
Has this been the map with the least amount of modifications for Tricolor?

Congratulations, Splatoon team and lead map designer! 🎉🍾🎊👏🏻

You would think it would be impossible to make the worst map even more awful, but you did it! I take my hat off to you!

VSNpOZh.gif

Attacking is horrible in this map. Defenders spawn right at the bottleneck/choke point.

It's truly mind-blowing!

Mint Chip'pers we're very close to overthrow Vanilla. I don't think it will happen but we have to stay strong.
Fight for our lost brothers and sisters... the Strawberry team.

I'm curious about popularity % this time around as I swear I have only found legit like 4 strawberry teams in the whole day 1. What the hell they're as rare as a Bigfoot.

I have no love for Team Strawberry after the amount of times they've attacked me going for the signal when we're both facing Vanilla 😪

Won a 10x game even though the opposing team was better, solely because all of them forgot to ink the left path of their spawn while being aggro 😆 We got a lucky win!

The state of Dynamo Roller in Splatoon 3

I want to have the Splatoon 1 version back. Seeing one of those flinging at you, even from the range in the video, often meant death. It was such a house, and now it's a half-assed lottery machine...

Unpopular opinion, but for the dynamo roller I'd happily trade the vertical swing for a more reliable and powerful horizontal one.

Let's hope the Gold Dynamo, if they bother adding it, has a fun kit.
Also, yeah, being the Defenders on this Tricolor Map has been a sure win for me so far, the others have no chance, hah.

My Splatoon shopping bag and Splatoon x Zelda keychains came in the mail this week, had the undeniable urge to redownload this. Splatoon is still super good. Let’s go Mint Chip!

Has there been any word on if Side Order will be sold outside of the expansion pass?

Yeah, it definitely feels more like the Inkopolis DLC is more of a pre-order bonus for Side Order lmao
I looked it up on the eShop today and was like “What a short description, there’s gotta be more to it!” Then I looked into it and…that’s all there is to it! 😄

I think it's going to be really close between Vanilla and Mint. It didn't feel one-sided at all.

Ended up with Vanilla ruler +8 and 58 conch shells.

As expected, Team Vanilla took the victory. It feels like the choices are a bit one sided, though at least the colours look nice. I wonder how different the result would've been if one of them were Chocolate over either Strawberry or Mint Chip. It could very well be like the Nessie vs Aliens vs Bigfoot where two of them are close popularity wise while leaving the remaining one in the dust.

Thank you for reading.

Well, it wasn't as close as I expected.
I'm surprised by how few mirror matches I got considering how many votes vanilla had.

Congrats to everyone who participated!

Is Mahi-Mahi out rotation? I haven't seen that stage in weeks. It's never on when I'm playing.

What a great challenge! I really wish there were more special modes available more often. Challenges are the most fun I've have with the game for a while.

I think 2318.90 will be enough for top 5% :D

I am happy enough to stop the Vanilla clean sweep, GG all. I hope the next one isn't food themed1
Yeah, as universal as food themes are, something else could be used as a theme. Brand themes (e.g. Legend of Zelda) are sort of universal, but it's different so at least it's nice to see every now and then.

Thank you for reading.

The tricolour scoring changes really don't work, huh. I know it's been obvious for a while, but now it's practically a free 18p for whichever time wins the half time report. Barely any point even trying for the other teams once that's out.

It seems like the odds are pretty favored towards the popular team, and while that's something that should be fixed, it's not the worst thing since at least that means the majority will be happy with their win 😅

I fucking love mint ice cream! (Honestly I like it better without the chips but hey.) It's extremely hard to argue against vanilla though, especially if you've got some real vanilla bean going on in there. Strawberry ice cream sounds really good to my brain but I don't know that I've ever had a truly great one.

By way of the above MMR link and a ThatSrb2DUDE Tweet down below the comments, I found out about a sexpest high up in the German Splatoon community. He was first exposed back in 2001, but it completely passed me by as I stick to english-language content. Now one of Germany's two biggest, most respected weekly newspapers published an expose on how this YouTuber groomed 12- and 13-year old girls who became fans of him due to his Splatoon coverage.

According to the article, as of the time of writing, Nintendo was still supporting his channel and regularly cooperating on Let's Plays and contests. That is after the original accusations were known. Accusations which eventually lead to this DIE ZEIT story about a Nintendo game under the header "Child abuse in the Internet"

Here's a machine-translated version of the article: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KHN8v8acc7_X4gDy6XToPLc5ABEpt3llUfsxfROWDdQ/edit - I haven't read every paragraph thoroughly but it seems accurate and coherent enough.

Where's the middle-of-the-season patch, Nintendo?

We're shifting awfully close to a 2/3rds-of-the-season patch...

Please make Tenta Missiles do less Damage
Make Inc Vac not suck. I mean it sucks. Because it sucks. Tho suppose to suck. Suck.
Please make Splat and Undercover Brellas at least slightly better, I like them but they just feel so bad to play.
Make Sprinkler Better, make Splat Bomb worse
Delete all snipers
Give me a Heavy Bow and a new Sword
Also new Bucket, Splatling and Brella
Etc etc

I hate that these squids and octopi are so much more fashionable than me. I wear a hoodie with shorts and I look like a dork, these characters do it and it's the coolest thing.

Back
Top Bottom