• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This entire Fest has just been this for me:

IMG_20240422_003750.png

I think this and the weekend day one have been my least favourites, which is funny because the one in the middle of it (instruments) I had a pretty great time.

It's wild to think we only have a couple of regular themes left and then the big bang September Splatfest.

I think this and the weekend day one have been my least favourites, which is funny because the one in the middle of it (instruments) I had a pretty great time.

It's wild to think we only have a couple of regular themes left and then the big bang September Splatfest.
Who says final fest has to line up with the end of the planned catalogs? I definitely don't buy it what with the Square having all of two since it opened and the amount of work they put into it and the seasonal variations. I don't expect final fest this year, even.

This Splatfest for me got my love of the game back. Just in time for me to complete the catalogue in about 10 days then drop it until next season. :p

I don't know why it felt like it mattered, but I was down that in Pro, my final score is significantly lower than my calculated score, on part with calculated games where the score tends to be lower than the initial calculated score.

But on the other hand, I got two (two!) x100 battles in a row in Pro, and won both of them.

(I picked Team Bear Cubs, by the way)

Thank you for reading.

Imagine how calm the game would be if Meadowlark always played in the lobby

cs44vza2qnnb1.png

Last edited:
You don't even have to post results anymore because you can guess them before the Splatfest itself is even announced

The only interesting thing at this point is who between Shiver and Big Man would claim victory. I know I picked the winning team but it's still unfair for Frye who probably will never win anything. Even though in recent times, the Splatfests gave her the most "attractive" options like guitars, fist bumps, and rabbits. That's not to say that before that her options were not necessarily the most attractive either, like Fame (and Frye herself).

Thank you for reading.

Welp seems like the OCE server going Bunny mad didn't matter much on a worldwide scale, GG everyone! Gonna miss the silly clown music in the lobby

Splatoon 4 is going to have Frye as the main antagonist at this rate. With all these losses, we're entering villain origin story territory.

NoA clearly thought Shiver was winning this one lol; you can see the rush job editing the Chick win image into Bear.

• Times Shiver has won the popular vote and won the fest: 7
  • Times Shiver has won the popular vote and lost the fest: 0
  • Times Frye has won the popular vote and won the fest: 2
  • Times Frye has won the popular vote and lost the fest: 5
  • Times Big Man has won the popular vote and won the fest: 5
  • Times Big Man has won the popular vote and lost the fest: 0
Utterly, utterly cursed. It would be easier to accept if she was just unpopular, but this is ridiculous!
New theory: the 4 months that didn't have a Splatfest were all Frye wins until Nintendo pulled the Time Machine Lever

Last edited:
  • Times Shiver has won the popular vote and won the fest: 7
  • Times Shiver has won the popular vote and lost the fest: 0
  • Times Frye has won the popular vote and won the fest: 2
  • Times Frye has won the popular vote and lost the fest: 5
  • Times Big Man has won the popular vote and won the fest: 5
  • Times Big Man has won the popular vote and lost the fest: 0
Utterly, utterly cursed. It would be easier to accept if she was just unpopular, but this is ridiculous!
New theory: the 4 months that didn't have a Splatfest were all Frye wins until Nintendo pulled the Time Machine Lever
I chose Frye for 2 or 3 splatfests just to try and give her a win and each of them was a miserable experience. Just a constant parade of teammates topping the scoreboard with 0 or at best 1 kill, yet managing 4 or 5 specials, i.e: not actually playing the objective, they're just inking with something like aerospray and deliberately avoiding any combat, and thus will never meaningfully contribute to anything that involves the enemy side of the map or contesting the middle. If you have 2 of these players on your team you will have the most immaculately painted base and sides of the map, have a final score of about 35%, and the 2 teammates who were left to try and actually win the game will be placed in the bottom 2 spots on the scoreboard for their efforts.

After switching back to Big Man for the most recent 2 fests I still occasionally get matched with this kind of player but it's nowhere near as rare - and yes, I realise this is 1 player's data and thus purely anecdotal, but it certainly coincides with Frye's results.

Splatoon is a great game but I think Turf War has a serious design issue where players are incentivised by the scoring system to play in a way that actually hinders your team. Fizzbangs are a good experiment in trying to provide a reward for engaging with combat - they should include incentives like this (and maybe something for scoring a wipeout too) in the main mode to underline that scoring kills creates the conditions for taking turf.

See, if the format wasn't as set in stone as it is, it'd be funny if the next Splatfest Frye isn't even there, and she's instead beefing with Pearl in Inkopolis Square, and we get a classic two option Splatfest.

for the next game they need to change the format in a more meaningful way, rather than slap a third on there.

I would like to see proper 2v2v2v2

Or maybe even 8v8 or 4v4v4v4

Tbh

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a quartet of idols for Splatoon 4, and they mix-and-match teams in the standard 2v2 Splatfest. Helps eliminate the idol bias at least a little bit, since the idol “teams” would be different each time.

And then maybe they work off of that and have “mini splatfests” within each category, to help with mirror matches. I.E. for a topic like Team Bear, you could then have two sub options like Polar Bear vs. Grizzly Bear.

Certainly wouldn’t be a perfect fix, but it could be a way to add a bit more weight to mirror matches while also lowering the odds of one idol getting blanked in the Splatfests like Frye.

Had a very strange dream last night that the next Splatfest was Ants vs. Anteaters vs. Antlions, and no one in the fanbase knew what an Antlion was so only 4% of people picked it. Everyone was complaning that they never fought a single Antlion team 💀

Back
Top Bottom