• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

PlayStation Sony State of Play announced for Jan 31st. 2pm PT / 5pm ET / 10pm GMT for 40 minutes covering 15+ games

Truno

Koopa
Pronouns
He/Him
State of Play coming around Jan 31st

Rise of the Ronin
Death Stranding 2
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
Sonic Generations Remaster
Until Dawn Remaster
Silent Hill 2
New Metro game
Judas

Sources:

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth will undoubtably be a great game, but Square has a nasty habit of completely over-showing their games right before release. I was already over FFXVI by the time it released with how many new trailers dropped a couple months leading up to release.

I am still over-the-moon excited for FF7 Rebirth.

I'd 100% play a Sonic Generations Remastered on Switch. That game is fantastic.

please please please shadowdrop a Rebirth demo.

Sonic generations port eh? Hope it goes better than colors. It's already in pc with a lot of mod support but a current gen version is nice to have.

I really hope the Sonic Generations remaster is better than the Colors one. The good 3D Sonic games need another chance in the light.

They're gonna spoil like the entirety of Rebirth, aren't they

I've been dodging trailer for a while, and and I'm sure not gonna stop now

If that's the actual lineup... eh. We just saw Rise of the Ronin at TGAs and we've seen Rebirth to death even if I'm still excited for it. Good to get a Death Stranding 2 update I guess. The rest of this isn't really my thing.

Didn't they just reaffirm Stellar Blade is 2024? We haven't seen that game in ages

Sonic generations port eh? Hope it goes better than colors. It's already in pc with a lot of mod support but a current gen version is nice to have.
The XSX version runs at 4k/60fps and it looks phenomenal. I wonder if it will just be like that version for PS5 or if it'll be something more.

They're gonna spoil like the entirety of Rebirth, aren't they

I've been dodging trailer for a while, and and I'm sure not gonna stop now
I have a bad feeling that this is the trailer that will tease how they're handling "that" scene.

Still no first party games announced is crazy.
I think Rise of Ronin is technically first party and there's also Until Dawn Remastered, but that's... yet another remaster of a game that's perfectly playable on PS5.
Edit: Oh and also Death Stranding 2, which is a pretty big deal IMO

Last edited:
I think Rise of Ronin is technically first party and there's also Until Dawn Remastered, but that's... yet another remaster of a game that's perfectly playable on PS5.
Edit: Oh and also Death Stranding 2, which is a pretty big deal IMO

Nope, none of those are first party — Sony published exclusive games, yes, but not first party. Like Bayonetta 3 isn’t first party Nintendo, for example.

Hope Generations is 60fps unlike Colors.

Bummed they’re doing that game next for a remaster though, when I finally played it several years ago I actually didn’t like it as much as everyone else. Didn’t like how Sonic controlled, idr how I described it at the time. Possibly a me problem though.

Happy we are getting gens remastered, confused why it isn’t unleashed. Especially when generations is already on steam and (I think?) PlayStation/ Xbox, while unleashed is only playable on Xbox and could use far more improvements then gens

Generations? Well, I guess I get why, but that’s very underwhelming. Hardly the Sonic game I would say needs it the most… Unleashed would need about the same amount of work and isn’t available on modern consoles or PC right now, so you’d think they’d do that?

The rest of that is fine. More or less what is expected. Many will leave whelmed, I would imagine.

Also quick thing, the leaker didn’t just say we would get a generations remaster, they said “Sonic will live in the shadow of his generation”. Maybe we are getting some shadow levels in this remaster? They would definitely add some value

Hope Generations is 60fps unlike Colors.

Bummed they’re doing that game next for a remaster though, when I finally played it several years ago I actually didn’t like it as much as everyone else. Didn’t like how Sonic controlled, idr how I described it at the time. Possibly a me problem though.
If it’s not 60 fps it’s going to be really awkward since you can play an enhanced BC version on Xbox that is 4k/60 fps.

On a similar note a lot of people prefer playing the BC Far Cry 3 to the remaster because it got FPS boosted to 60 while Ubisoft bafflingly decided to lock the remaster to 30.

Oooooh, getting to see the next Metro game would be awesome.

Nope, none of those are first party — Sony published exclusive games, yes, but not first party. Like Bayonetta 3 isn’t first party Nintendo, for example.
How so? I know there's been some discourse about this online over the last few months, but I haven't engaged in it - to me if it's Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo published then it's first party including the games people refer to as "second party".

Won't watch live since I don't need to see FFVII Rebirth anymore before release. Sonic Generations is cool but I wish Sega would just put the Sonic Adventure games on modern systems.

Happy to finally see a new Metro game 5 years Exodus was originally released.

This is a good SoP lineup, though would be happy to see a tease of next SCE studios game like Naughty Dog.

If it’s not 60 fps it’s going to be really awkward since you can play an enhanced BC version on Xbox that is 4k/60 fps.

On a similar note a lot of people prefer playing the BC Far Cry 3 to the remaster because it got FPS boosted to 60 while Ubisoft bafflingly decided to lock the remaster to 30.
I was referring to the Switch version, I’m sure the PS/Xbox versions of this remaster will be 60 line Colors was.

Switch cannot double the framerate of PS360 games

Be grateful if it's stable framerate on Switch, poor Colors couldn't get that much
counterpoint, the Portal games are 720p30fps on PS360 and 1080p60fps on Switch (720p60fps in handheld)

it's not common but it happens

Shpeshal Nick? I wouldn't put a ton of faith in this prediction. He might know some things but his history is pretty rocky.

Isn’t there a hint to the DLC of Elden ring in that tweet?
the shadow part I mean

Referencing Tom Henderson as a source is banned on Famiboards, per our Banned Content List in Research & Development. Please refrain from continuing to bring him up.-mariodk18, xghost777, Tangerine Cookie, Volcanic Dynamo
Shpeshal Nick? I wouldn't put a ton of faith in this prediction. He might know some things but his history is pretty rocky.

The State of Play was uploaded to Youtube and the leaked list has been circulating around all day. Not sure if Nick is the source

Last edited:
Didn't they just reaffirm Stellar Blade is 2024? We haven't seen that game in ages
It's in the "coming in 2024" section on the PS Store that was made not too long ago, but we'll see.
Bayonetta 3 is first party since it was produced by Nintendo, with EPD leads overseeing its development.
If we go there, most games nowadays wouldn't be first party and that would mean that half of EPD groups wouldn't even work on first party games.

I'm pretty sure that Death Stranding 2, Rise of the Ronin and Until Dawn are all funded and produced by Sony.

According to Tom Henderson, the State of Play was uploaded to Youtube and the leaked list has been circulating around all day. Not sure if Nick is the source
Then why has nobody linked to it anywhere online? I NEED to see what the Sonic Generations stuff is, preferably as soon as possible.

I dunno, I remember hearing that Sony owns at least part of Death Stranding, Until Dawn, etc.

It’s closer to a Kirby/Pokemon situation than Bayonetta I think, but I might be wrong.

Oh, this is a leak. I was really confused.

I don't really get why Sonic Generations would be considered a "remaster" when it's already in HD, but if a good definitive version releases that would be nice.

Sounds like the most underwhelming shit known to man.

Remembers the E3 Nintendo Direct from last year alright nevermind
June Direct was still better than the September one!

Please refrain from calling developers trash. -xghost777, meatbag, Tangerine Cookie
If Gens comes to Switch (IT BETTER), for the love of GOD give the Switch version to someone like Engine Software or anyone else who actually knows how to do Switch ports. Blind Squirrel are trash.

Hmmm, looks like a pretty mediocre lineup, not sure how others feel about it. 🤨

That is a good list of third party and Sony published stuff.

Really hope they have a proper Showcase later this year, though. We're so in the dark still about 90% of their first party studios (at least outside of rumors). And as ???? as Concord is, that is supposed to be this year and I am curious to see wtf it even is.

Also weird that Helldivers 2 isn't here.

Generations huh, sounds about right. Instead of remastering a game that has been highly requested, like SA1/2, or unleashed, they go with Generations. Which, first off, it doesn't need a remaster, porting it to current systems would be fine. And more importantly, what are they going to do with the pc version, is it going to replace the original? Then what happens to the massive modding community around it? And are they going to implement denuvo?

Back
Top Bottom