• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

PlayStation Sony President Hiroki Totoki Wants To Go Aggressive In Growth With 1st party Multi-Platform Releases

What I don't get, is why games always have to get bigger and bigger.
I'm really not interested in a game where there's 1000 points of interest with the same gameplay loop all the time.
I want that game with a thousand points of interest. But I'm also still pretty happy with what built-for-2005-hardware Skyrim looks like these days, with a few tweaks.

Looks like Sony’s focus on making blockbluster games over smaller quicker to develop titles is biting them in the butt. I find it funny how “behind” people say Nintendo is when they already got the formula down of releasing less graphically intensive games that would otherwise drive up cost of production.

The thing is it's actually harder what Nintendo has done. It's harder to do something for example like the Wii or DS ... I don't think Sega or Sony or MS could have made that work. Really could any company but Nintendo have pulled that off? And even then they weren't able to succeed those systems entirely successfully (Wii U and 3DS).

It's easier to just keep increasing the specs and having "moar graphics" be the sales hook for a new system.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom