• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Previews SMT V Previews

AquaWateria

Set Your Heart Ablaze
Community Liaison

Last edited:

Thanks, Mazi would it be fine if I update these in the first post?

Hey Mazi, the third link from the top is one that links to a Nocturne Remaster preview.

E: Now it's the fourth.

Seems like an incredibly strict embargo, looks like they can only talk about like the first hour or 2, so no new information really
Yeah looking at it it is an absurdly strict embargo lol. I think the last time they had one this overbearing was P5

Is it November 15th already? No? I'll join whatever reason that makes time go over faster.

Don't want to watch those because I don't want to get spoiled, but how positive are the previews??

So hyped for this and can't wait for November-

Don't want to watch those because I don't want to get spoiled, but how positive are the previews??

So hyped for this and can't wait for November-

The previews are limited to i think the first 2 hours, there's nothing that could spoil you if you've been following the marketing up to now. ^^

man, that Polygon preview

"it's not persona, so I don't know if i'll like it as much"

Yea I'm in the mindset you should not compare SMT to Persona other than surface level similarities.

It's like if I compared Dragon Quest to Final Fantasy lol. Look at the game from its own imo.

The Polygon preview is basically the "Why isn't SMT a waifu sim like my Persona?" meme and it has to be intentional.
I was just about to say this.....the article mentions P5 more times than the game they're supposedly covering. P5 this, P5 that.

I for one think it would boost scores, sales and add to the game if they in fact gave people what they want and add in a dating sim element with the monsters .

/s…or is it

I for one think it would boost scores, sales and add to the game if they in fact gave people what they want and add in a dating sim element with the monsters .

/s…or is it
you jest but...

I was just about to say this.....the article mentions P5 more times than the game they're supposedly covering. P5 this, P5 that.
I think this was inevitable given the success of P5. More people are going to be interested in SMT because they got into P5. I think it's a good thing people are now getting more interested in SMT, but that will come with comparisons.

Watched the Easy Allies video and read the Polygon preview. Cannot wait for the game.
The Polygon preview is weird.

you jest but...

I think this was inevitable given the success of P5. More people are going to be interested in SMT because they got into P5. I think it's a good thing people are now getting more interested in SMT, but that will come with comparisons.
I hear what you're saying but they could have mentioned it once or twice and moved on.

The fact Easy Allies took time to write and record a preview instead of simply sitting two of them down in front of cameras and talk about the game is itself a positive indicator.

Or could be Ben was worried he'd gush so much the NDA would be violated an uneditable number of times.

I hear what you're saying but they could have mentioned it once or twice and moved on.
Not disagreeing, its very much a "judging by what it isn't". SMT and Persona have completely different tones and focuses, so they are going to be different games. Doesn't make sense to argue it should have social sim elements when that isn't what SMT is about.

I'm just saying we should all prepare ourselves for the inevitable comparisons. A lot of people are going to be hopping onto SMT V as their first SMT game whereas P5 was the point they jumped in on.

I counted it.

The Polygon preview mentions SMT (series, Nocturne HD, V) 12 times.
It mentions Persona (P5R, Persona) 8 times.
It mentions "other ATLUS' jrpg" 4 times.

I still dont have a clue what to expect after reading those.

Usual jrpgs have towns, some sort of mcguffins that need to be collected, maybe an antagonist they chase…

im still confused what the games structure is. Whats your goal, what are you working towards.
since its a post apocalyptic world i dont expect towns. But how does the story progress?

from what i read about the series its not just a monster collection jrpg. Heck, even those have
a objective besides the collecting.

i listened to some tracks of 4, soundtracks seems to be interesting, curious how 5s will be.

I still dont have a clue what to expect after reading those.

Usual jrpgs have towns, some sort of mcguffins that need to be collected, maybe an antagonist they chase…

im still confused what the games structure is. Whats your goal, what are you working towards.
since its a post apocalyptic world i dont expect towns. But how does the story progress?

from what i read about the series its not just a monster collection jrpg. Heck, even those have

i listened to some tracks of 4, soundtracks seems to be interesting, curious how 5s will be.
Usually SMT drives you from objective to objective before the larger goal of the game comes into play around halfway through.

I mean I guess you can compare the structure to Pokemon. Yes you can go out of your way to collect and train demons, but there is a specific path you need to follow and get to specific spot to progress the story.

As to what the story is, I don't know, but I'm also trying to stay away from spoiler talk. I will say SMT in the past makes your goals fairly straightforward in the moment (you have to go do x over at y).

okay i read that preview and while i think it’s genuinely funny , i think folks should move on to other more useful previews lol . I for one am pretty excited to eventually try what is shaping up to be the metroid dread of botw influenced jrpgs with dare i say dark souls levels of difficulty , and that shouldn’t be ruined by articles overly referencing other titles!

So far i found the easy allies preview a pretty good summary and am reading the nintendowire one now. already having vibes this is gonna review pretty well.

Usually SMT drives you from objective to objective before the larger goal of the game comes into play around halfway through.
More in the ff9 sense then. Thx for some hint there =D kinda confused how no preview seems to mention that in a way, even with the enbargo.

zs01590y2mv71.png

god, that Polygon preview was everything thats wrong with anything regarding games "reviewing"
Why is it not like Persona 5?
Why is SMTV preview not a full game like Persona 5
Did I mention I like Persona 5 and SMTV is not Persona 5?
Why doesnt it have the game features that differentiate Persona from SMT??
Did I complain already that this is not Persona 5??

This whole article is like complaining DOOM Eternal doesnt have a "Built your own farm" feature.

I dont think the writter even knows/ understand who is the spin off series of whom

Okay. I haven’t played Persona 5R.

But persona 3 and 4 Weren’t hard to keep track of everything. Did the series really expand that much in 5?
the writer makes note with p5r they were a new comer to the series , i could see for folks new to persona keeping track of various aspects of the daily events and other factors being easier with pen and paper .

Anyways , read the nintendo wire preview , they bring up that the sandy apocalypse setting could get a bit drab or boring , i do wonder if they change things up later in in the game especially with it being open? otherwise it sounds like what smt has been with the improvements and changes you would expect .

Okay. I haven’t played Persona 5R.

But persona 3 and 4 Weren’t hard to keep track of everything. Did the series really expand that much in 5?
5R is undeniably the best Persona game gameplay wise. A lot of fun additions and bringing back old stuff. Demon management was a lot better too, more fusion types and ways to help min max if you wanted to. The balance might be off for some, but it lets you play around a lot more. Daily events where also given a boost in 5 by telling you who is available where on the map

The EZA preview is very positive, and touched on exploration and trasversal, which seem to be great.

To be honest, the polygon preview sold me the most on the game xD
all those aspects they mention that they miss here are usually aspects that anoye me, and them missing and instead having more involved and hard battles sound great to me =D

(Its as if somebody would say to a fe echoes of fe 4 „its fine, but its to hard and strategic , i cant grind my units to just overpower the enemy, and i cant run around giving presents to them and asking them out for some tea and cheeck rubbing“

Comparisons are ok and it's fine, but my issue comes from just stripping a game's identity to something else and not really talk about the game itself.

Thankfully there are better articles that talk about the game and its strength.

Best and most informative preview is the q and a from this channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYBijZVeUq9EJ0VQI2NN_PA

Some information from it in spoilers

SMT Network says no dungeons in 10 hours, areas are huge and there's parts with 20-30 demons in sight at once, likes the characters and says the story has been surprising him and doesn't feel like going through the SMT motions, has hit a few roadblock bosses and needed to grind and fuse already. Says dub is generally good, Tao's VA he isn't too certain on as apparently she hasn't been around much. Likes Aogami and the Prime Minister and said Aogami is less overbearing than Dagda. Atlus has shown way less of the game in trailers than you'd think

He says the game lives up to the hype and builds up mystery really well. He said that the overworld is basically a large dungeon and that after a few bosses you can travel between Da'at and Tokyo

Why I can't hang out with my friends in the middle of the apocalypse??

Look I get it, Persona is great, but how about focusing in what this particular game provides instead of wishing it was something else entirely.

Back
Top Bottom