• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI V |ST| It's Not Persona(L), It's Demon Negotiations

Happy SMTV day, Fami-friends! Heehoheehoheeho

E: That Heeho should actually be a SMT-fied version of Santa Clause "Hohoho" ... but this was actually just funny in my mind.

Best Buy just delayed my order šŸ˜” I wanted to cancel my pre order and just got look for it at another store, but I used a $25 gift certificate that my best buy credit card gave me on my account. I'm afraid I'll lose the gift certificate if I cancel

90 minutes in and I'm really liking the gameplay, exploration, music, graphics and setting but holy moly, does it stutter

The game made a pretty strong first impression on me. The characters are well voiced and the shop keeper is hilarious. I like the exploration aspect too. The character feels very agile.

Straight away died on one of the first enemies in hard mode :D will still try it for a bit but i guess normal might be better for me as my first SMT

Straight away died on one of the first enemies in hard mode :D will still try it for a bit but i guess normal might be better for me as my first SMT

This is your first SMT? Go back to the lowest difficulty. You can thank me later.

These games are hard even on easier difficulties.

The game is so good so far. Great graphics (playing in handheld mode on OLED), amazing art direction, Nahobino's movement around the world feels so good and the difficulty is not too bad on normal but will punish you if you get lazy and just try to brute force the enemies.

Can't wait to really sink my teeth into it over the coming days and weeks.

Such good art direction (shot from handheld mode)
2021111219192000-685578jow.jpg

I have to go to work when I could be sat staring at the front door waiting for this. Itā€™s sick!

Are people playing with the Fiends DLC first playthrough then?
Thoul-kee-oul.
Do you mean the common English speaker thing of saying ā€œtoe-kee-oeā€ or are they actually adding L sounds on top of that? Iā€™m so confused.

I don't think my honor could life with playing in casual but yeah I think hard is gonna be to much

I think your honor is willing to negotiate about this the moment you start seeing insta-kill skills on enemies and them hitting your char very often. ;D

The game is so good so far. Great graphics (playing in handheld mode on OLED), amazing art direction, Nahobino's movement around the world feels so good and the difficulty is not too bad on normal but will punish you if you get lazy and just try to brute force the enemies.

Can't wait to really sink my teeth into it over the coming days and weeks.

Such good art direction (shot from handheld mode)
2021111219192000-685578jow.jpg
Yeah I'm playing it on an LG CX and it looks really nice. It's one of the best looking Atlus games for sure.

Whenever I level up 3 random stats are increased and I'm only allowed to manually allocate one more. Is it possible to set it up so that I can allocate all 4 points on a level up manually?

Argh DHL is messing up with me!!! My copy is supposed to be delivered today but nothing shown on their track & trace site.... Coupled with the age check, I guess I have to settle with a delay and reschedule the delivery myself to avoid having to walk all the way to the post office ....

So if you write #SMTV or #SMT5 hashtags in Twitter, a mini Jack Frost appears.

This is so cool!!

HBdkddi.png
Too bad that these hashtags are not on the screen capture.
I dislike why some companies do not put them automatically there. :/

Wellā€¦there is no physical copy in my area. 3 stores, nothing.
ā€žshould come during the day, but best is you wait till tomorrowā€œā€¦
i asked on my way 2 times, they said ā€žfor shure it will be here on fridayā€œ.

im okay with stores not breaking the street date, but nit even having it on release is weakā€¦

The Mrs. informed that, indeed, the SMTV CE has arrived at home.

Yet i won't arrive at home for some 5 1/2 hours still. Stupid job that earns me the money to buy the games but not letting me play them! ;D

Yay postal service! Oh itā€™s my new sweaters (which fit me perfectly and Iā€™m happy about)

Come ooooon mail guys

Anybody know if they will have this at Walmart? I always try to get games there for the $10 discount, but I'm not sure if this will be in store or not. Using the website it shows none in stock, but it still has a preorder button, so it's not quite right yet.

Good morning! Making coffee while the Japanese audio downloads.

Just started the game and it actually looks really decent in handheld mode. I think the cutscenes are apparently FMV? It looks really good. Gameplay, it's obviously blurry but not on the same level as Xenoblade. Although performance can be improved.

Soundtrack though? Oozes so much atmosphere.

Anybody know if they will have this at Walmart? I always try to get games there for the $10 discount, but I'm not sure if this will be in store or not. Using the website it shows none in stock, but it still has a preorder button, so it's not quite right yet.
It's only in-store.

Been playing for two hours now, and the highlight for me, beside the music, is the art direction. Not enough reviews mentioned how great this game looks. Guess they were busy counting pixels and frames. Oh well.

I finally got into the netherworld and I take back what I said, this game looks GORGEOUS in handheld mode. God damn Atlus. I'm really happy how handheld mode turned out.

It's only in-store.
Are you saying they do have the game in store? I know the $49.94 price is only in store, but it's a little weird that if I look online it shows as out of stock in all nearby stores. Either way, I'll be stopping by one later this morning so I'll find out soon enough.

I hate that I have to recruit Preta early on. They gross me out.

Iā€˜ve seen enough people unhappy with resolution and frame pacing in handheld that i once again have to say: nintendo im not happy with the switch, wheres the pro.

(no idea myself, since the game did not came out hereā€¦no store has it at all)

Iā€˜ve seen enough people unhappy with resolution and frame pacing in handheld that i once again have to say: nintendo im not happy with the switch, wheres the pro.

(no idea myself, since the game did not came out hereā€¦no store has it at all)
I find the performance is much more bearable on handheld than in docked mode actually. I don't know if it runs better or whether the small screen just hides the stuttering better but currently it's my preferred mode. That said, I can't rule out that my eyes have simply adapted to the framerate.

I find the performance is much more bearable on handheld than in docked mode actually. I don't know if it runs better or whether the small screen just hides the stuttering better but currently it's my preferred mode. That said, I can't rule out that my eyes have simply adapted to the framerate.
=/ crap. Iwill need to play it docked till my triwing screwdriver comes next week, since my fan (had problems since 2 years) has decided there are no quiet moments anymore in handheld, and rattles the whole time.

Back
Top Bottom