• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI V |ST| It's Not Persona(L), It's Demon Negotiations

Beautiful Man That Needs To be Shown In The Best Way Possible. Props To The God Tier Artist Know As Doi.
  • gpqQVM.jpg

Useful Tips For The Game's Mechanics
  • Here are some detailed explanations from posters of the game's mechanics in regards to essences and affinities for anyone having some trouble.

I'd also recommend you to check the Analyze tab in the main menu frequently for new demons. Sometimes you will see ones that have useful utility skills (e.g. healing, escaping battles, buff, debuff etc.) You can then get them in two ways:
    • Check their location, go there and "catch" them with negotiation.
    • Fuse them in the World of Shadow, and this can be done more easily using reverse fusion, or at advanced level, reverse compedium fusion.

Another important aspect of raising and fusing demons is skill inheritance. Most of the time, you will choose the skills for your fused demon from a skill pool from its "parents". Some skills will be greyed out since they are unique and can only be learnt by one demon. At an advanced level, you can be prepared to chain-fusing 3 or 4 times to get your desires demon with desired skill set.

Regarding changing affinity, you can do so in the World of Shadow as well, but it will be unlocked later I think.

Regarding stats distribution, I don't think you have misssd out too much, since we don't have that many points we can freely allocate to V-kun upon leveling up anyway. I think the ultimate purpose of such design is to ensure new players will not hamstring themselves, and experienced players can enjoy more flexibility in building V-kun as they wish (most of the time to counter particular bosses).

Most people either focus on MAG or STR as their main damage attribute, mixing them ends up with lackluster performance.

I feel MAG is easier as a newcomer because you can always check weaknesses that way.

Essences are (mainly) used for your Nahobino to learn skills. When you want to inherit ... say ... Heat Wave from an essence, you come to a screen where you pick your Nahobino's new skillset. The options there are the skills you had/have so far and the skills the essence offers. Pick accordingly.

You can also use essences to change your Nahobino's elemental affinities. For example, you start with a so called "Block" in Lightning. Meaning if an enemy hits you with lightning, their turns ends, or at minimum is cut short.
    For some bosses it's recommended to change affinities via demon essence because they focus on attacking you with a certain element.

Don't be shy with essences, demons give them to you on level ups, or you get them as rewards from random battles. At one point they also get purchasable in Gustaves shop.

The only missable things (like charge in Nocturne) are the Aogami essences. If you fail to learn their unique spells, they're pretty much gone for good unless you get very lucky via random loot on the map. Beyond that, the game is much more forgiving. Invest your points in Str and Vit and you're fine.

Back
    Top Bottom