• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Seinfeld |ST| "No, no, nothing happens!"

AKIhChJ.jpg

I am sick once again, which always makes me think of this scene:

Thankfully I'm not as rough as Russel lol.

Like so much of Seinfeld, this is somewhat based on a real event! Larry David was off on a rare sick day, and two writers had a pitch scheduled; he suggested they come pitch him at his house. He got up several times to throw up during. When the writers asked how it was, Larry said their pitch stunk but what had just happened was good. 😂

This is clearly high effort but I've not watched Twin Peaks yet :(
I know this is a Seinfeld thread but I'm giving myself a pass because I'm a fan. Get on that Twin Peaks. It's one of the best shows of all time. Just prepare for a bit of cheese but it's genuinely great.

Seinfeld is easily one of the best shows ever created, it becomes even more relevant the older you get because you start to meet people in your life like who they talk about.

"Hey Nintendo, can we get an update on Metroid Prime 4?"

seinfeld-george-no-ncrfdyxgsalb6oh8.gif

Oh, wait. This isn't the Metroid ST.

💀 💀 💀

You never fail to make me smile! 🤣 I don't know when I'll continue, but I'm gonna remember this sticker card, and I hope you'll keep it going.

In related news: I heard yesterday that Curb Your Enthusiasm is finally ending after 12 seasons. Surreal, honestly! 🥲 Larry's certainly cemented his legacy as one of the GOATs, after having developed two of the all-time greats. Here's hoping Curb goes out with a bang.
Oh, wait. This isn't the Metroid ST.
That's alright. It's a known aspect of the Famiboards cultural canon that Metroid and Seinfeld are linked. Posts about one are always permitted in threads about the other. Art Vandelay used to do a lot of contract work for the Chozo, after all.

Still my favourite episode. George’s story about saving the whale gets me every time.

There was unbelievable storming and flooding in California earlier this year, and one of my friends was showing us video of one of my favorite spots on the coast getting hammered by waves. Like, normally there's water, then the sandy beach, then a ways away there's a high concrete embankment, then the first road into town where all the beachfront businesses are. Usually. But in these videos the sea had completely engulfed the beach and waves were crashing up over the embankment onto the road. After seeing the video I said "The sea was angry that day, my friends," and nobody got the reference.

There was unbelievable storming and flooding in California earlier this year, and one of my friends was showing us video of one of my favorite spots on the coast getting hammered by waves. Like, normally there's water, then the sandy beach, then a ways away there's a high concrete embankment, then the first road into town where all the beachfront businesses are. Usually. But in these videos the sea had completely engulfed the beach and waves were crashing up over the embankment onto the road. After seeing the video I said "The sea was angry that day, my friends," and nobody got the reference.

Sounds like you need some more cultured friends.

A FESTIVUS FOR THE RESTOFUS

Cheers to all observing. I feel compelled to reiterate that Festivus is a real thing that a real dad invented. Specifically it was the dad of Dan O’ Keefe, who wrote the episode! He has also written a book on the holiday (with an intro by Jason Alexander, Jerry!):

eY8vY3a.png

That reminds me of how Larry Thomas has been signing stuff and doing events for years iirc haha

Back
Top Bottom