• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Scott Pilgrim Anime gets a trailer, a title, and a release date!! UPDATE: Now Streaming!!

I get that, I’m just not as big into how it was executed in the show itself. The Scott we see feels too big a leap in the opposite direction from where the Scott in the books left of, and I think the show just glosses over too quickly how he got there and what led him there that it feels like it’s not even the same guy.
maybe it hits harder if

you’re old

not to assume that you’re not old on the name “Joy-Boy” alone

but it was a pretty quick “oh no” familiarity and clarity from me

one thing to consider is

the time travel shenanigans may literally be a metajoke on literally FF7R given how many final fantasy jokes were in the original
oh my god

I never even considered that 🤣

I get that, I’m just not as big into how it was executed in the show itself. The Scott we see feels too big a leap in the opposite direction from where the Scott in the books left of, and I think the show just glosses over too quickly how he got there and what led him there that it feels like it’s not even the same guy.
see maybe my idea about it starting as a sequel and showing that journey for a couple episodes before following Scott back in time to the Patel fight and then have the series stay in the past following Ramona (basically let the series then be exactly as it is with the exception of the first episode) woulda helped with that 😉

maybe it hits harder if

you’re old

Not to get too heavy but
at the point the Virtual Boy sequence said "DIVORCE!!" I felt something deep in my guts

Familiarity indeed for those of us who are old

maybe it hits harder if

you’re old

Oh, the name is a one piece reference not an indication of age lol

I’m just saying if the show wanted to continue off the comics storyline in the way it did, they should have devoted the time necessary to making it feel like a natural continuation of where the characters left off. An extra episode or two focusing on Older Scott could have helped, but they way they sped through it in the show just felt too out of character from where Scott ended off in Book 6

Do I pay $20 for international shipping or hope it gets released in the UK? Tune in next time on BozPaggs Precious Little Wallet!
the torment

you’re probably going to want to drop $20 on the shipping — this might be too niche to set shack on shit island

the torment

you’re probably going to want to drop $20 on the shipping — this might be too niche to set shack on shit island
You're probably right, I think for something that good to happen in the shittish isles, something even more catastrophically evil than usual will have to happen too

You're probably right, I think for something that good to happen in the shittish isles, something even more catastrophically evil than usual will have to happen too
fuck lmao, that’s basically it, yeah

I was actually considering picking up Seconds since I enjoyed re-reading SP so much 👀
Just bought it 🤣
Took em long enough, geez

klB3FGn.jpg

good lord, what have these eyes seen??
pvEGYE9.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in a weirdly melancholic/nostalgic mood so if yall don't mind I'm gonna just go ahead and watch this a third time

I can't even picture what a season 2 would be but if Bryan and BenDavid are down then I'm down
Samesies. Like, it almost finished like it had some unresolved storylines and wanted to start some new ones? But as long as O'Malley has ideas to explore the universe I'm down for interdimensional shenanigans

Godspeed, with luck season 2 will get greenlit and announced before the new year 🫡
I can't even picture what a season 2 would be but if Bryan and BenDavid are down then I'm down
it’s literally not happening, it was never meant to be more than the one season and they’ve said as much

sorry to disappoint but I think it’s probably better this way

I totally missed before that they snuck Chris Evans' improvised "that's actually hilarious" line into Lucas Lee's episode but it goes quick and another character is saying it 🤣

Anamanaguchi's version of God Only Knows continues to absolutely wreck my heart

Big City kodoku no Heart to Heart 🎶
Minna ai no mayoigo 🎵
Big City namida wa Day by day 🎶
Nemuranai omoi wo yusaburu dake🎵

Kon'ya wa HURRICANE 🎶
Anata ni HURRICANE 🎵
Tsutaetai no LOVIN YOU🎶
Kon’ya wa HURRICANE 🎵
Kanjite HURRICANE 🎶
Sugao no mama TOUCH! 🎵

Honestly I almost forgot this show happened just a few months ago. Right now we probably live in the best era ever when it comes to having all kind of entertainment products available to us. In like 2012 this show would have been my highlight of the year, but with all the games, shows and movies that came out this year alone and all seem like as if they are made for me, Scott Pilgrim sadly is just one thing of many. I really feel overwhelmed.

Watched this last week.

Feels like it was made for the kind of person who thinks Scott Pilgrim the six-volume comic series should have been about Scott apologizing for dating a high schooler.

Honestly I almost forgot this show happened just a few months ago. Right now we probably live in the best era ever when it comes to having all kind of entertainment products available to us. In like 2012 this show would have been my highlight of the year, but with all the games, shows and movies that came out this year alone and all seem like as if they are made for me, Scott Pilgrim sadly is just one thing of many. I really feel overwhelmed.
I disagree with the bolded and I think you've illustrated why. These products are churned out as Capital C Content with little attempts to make them last in the longterm cultural mindshare, just as disposable entertainment. Streaming has devalued media in many ways.

This isn't necessarily commentary on the show itself, but more the nature of which we engage in entertainment nowadays.

y’all need to listen to worse music to feel alive

you don’t need more Scott Pilgrim, you need to internalize the source

and if you won’t engage with grimy venues and acquaintances’ living rooms*…

start with Bandcamp

*or, if like me, you can’t right now because the plague’s fucking us all over

y’all need to listen to worse music to feel alive

you don’t need more Scott Pilgrim, you need to internalize the source

and if you won’t engage with grimy venues and acquaintances’ living rooms*…

start with Bandcamp

*or, if like me, you can’t right now because the plague’s fucking us all over

okay that song is a vibe

I should have been smarter than to tell myself "I'll just check out the first episode" at 11:30, but oh well! Scott is as Scott does.

Gonna edit in some actual thoughts after I sleep, but for now I'll say that IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL FOR MEDIA TO BE THIS GOOD

Back
Top Bottom