• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Say something nice about another famiboards member!

I think @chocolate_supra is pretty cool so that's nice (he's also my first follower on this website, I think).
General Kenobi thinks I'm cool
serena-sailor-moon.gif

I believe Dopply did do some of the sets of the event badges and really did a fantastic job with the events (which we will do more of when possible!).

We also had a wonderful set by @paranoodle for the Halloween event iirc, who I will shout out for that and also consistently stanning for Fantasy Life when an opening presents itself, and elevating my forum experience as a result!
Oh my gosh thank you ;w; I'm such a quiet lurker on here I'm kind of amazed/flattered I've stuck around in anyone's mind. I promise you I will never shut up about Fantasy Life, I contributed to around 900 wiki pages back when it came out and I could do 900 more anytime.

I'm not super sure who I'd shout out personally, I'm a bit quiet on here so I haven't had a ton of interactions with people (yet?) so it would feel weirdly parasocial haha. But everything I've seen from both the mod team and users so far has made me feel like this place is really welcoming and it's been really nice! Though maybe next time this thread pops around I'll have made some friends ' w '

Shoutouts to

• @MisterSpo, because I always like reading your thoughts, and they are consistently well put together. Wah!
  • @BozPaggs, because of our shared passion for Metroid, Axiom Verge, and Bloodborne. And also because I miss the days when you were partaking in the abyss more frequently.
  • @Dardan Sandiego, because of Impa Gaiden, and because you were asking for Buddy Mission: BOND to be localised before it was cool. Yeah!

I really enjoy my time on this board, and that is only testament to the fact that there are a lot more cool people here that I could mention. I have already been posting more frequently over the last six months than I ever did in 2+ years worth of time before we moved here, and a big part of that is that everyone is welcoming and makes it easy to participate.

So last but not least, thanks to everyone for being a Fami.

@EvilChameleon for the current and future ST's. Also a great sports fan to talk with!

@mazi for doing eshop threads here and on Install Base as well as providing great commentary!

@Dragoncaine for being a bigger movie lover than myself!

@bellydrum for helping lead the charge to get this place up and running. Shout out to the rest of the staff as well!

@Emily and @NateDrake for the insights and tidbits!

@WARIO because he keeps me from being the smelliest guy on this forum!
Let's talk movies anytime, buddy!

I'm actually developing a script I wrote for the company and we attached a Disney Channel actress and producer to the movie, so now we can leverage their connections and our own to continue attaching directors and other cast members! So pumped :')

So last but not least, thanks to everyone for being a Fami.
Thank you for being a faaam 🎶
wait.. the music notes don't seem to show up right against dark theme..
are you on dark theme?
everyone's on dark theme by now I think
anyway, it's a Golden Girls reference

What a great thread.

I would like to extend my general thanks to the whole Fami. It's great to have and be a part of this community - without it, I'd barely have anyone to talk about my hobby with, or over analyse things with, or shit post with. It's such a huge positive to have, especially with 2 years of pandemic and chronic illness really changing my life.

I'd like to say that interactions with @Brofield have made me happy, what a nice person to talk to
But same goes for @chocolate_supra, @Clov, @Raccoon, @mazi, and plenty others lol. I just really like you all
I'm genuinely happy that the upset at the previous forum wasn't enough to stop our regular discussions, and they're the reason why I felt the drive to get this site started in the first place

Thanks! It's been nice talking with you too. I've had a great time on this forum so far, it's a very welcoming place.

I'll give my own shout-out to @Phosphorescent Skeleton , a great translator and my all-around favorite person!

I just like Fami as a whole.

Chill people who like videogames and are easy to talk too. No drama, just cool vibes all around.

I hope this isn't overstepping the mark a bit, but I'd like to thank everyone for welcoming me here despite me not exactly being the most 'liked' member of the community. I've been trying to be better since then, even though I'm not fully there yet - but, of course, that's not for me to judge. Overall it's just nice to have a place that isn't full of as much fast-paced drama as the 'other site', even if I don't always adhere to that myself. Thanks :)

EDIT: Removed the specific thanks, cause I felt it was a bit weird. Sorry!

Last edited:
It's heartwarming to see SOs to admins and mods (especially since it's so easy to get lost in the things you wish you had done/could do better/more) but I'd like to throw my shouts to our great tech and visuals people who've done a lot of of grunt work under the site's hood. Dopply and bd have been mentioned, of course, but @Jersh and @OTBWY have both put in a great shift as well.

I hope this isn't overstepping the mark a bit, but I'd like to thank everyone for welcoming me here despite me not exactly being the most 'liked' member of the community. I've been trying to be better since then, even though I'm not fully there yet - but, of course, that's not for me to judge. Overall it's just nice to have a place that isn't full of as much fast-paced drama as the 'other site', even if I don't always adhere to that myself. Thanks :)

We’re all just trying to be the best versions of ourselves. :) I know I’ve made posts with a tone that I regret at the other place and I’m trying to be better here.

I’m glad you’re here.

Definitely glad you've stuck around. And that goes for everyone who's had a bad day or two on this site. It happens.

I find it difficult to elevate anyone above the rest, being that pretty much everyone has been awesome, from the staff, to the users in general. I've greatly enjoyed reading everyone's contributions, and I appreciate the more focused vibe of this community. Sure, there's a cringe post every now and then, but that's inevitable, and I'm definitely guilty of it myself!

The fami team I have had the time working with are bunch of wonderful, creative, hardworking people. That's all I want to say :)

I just like Fami as a whole.

Chill people who like videogames and are easy to talk too. No drama, just cool vibes all around.
Same here.

Honestly? So far, so good. I came in here with mediocre expectations because all the other forums were kinda bad and I stopped going there.

And I was pleasantly surprised

Ahh it's so nice to see all the warm vibes ITT. Thanks @totofogo for the kind shoto-out. This is such a wonderful community and I look forward to seeing it develop even further. The badge events are really rad, too. I mostly lurk and read the General Discussion thread like 2-3 weeks behind. It means I'm usually not up to date on the reactions to news but it's super enjoyable to read them even after the fact. I also really dig all the positive vibes in that thread and on this forum in general. Makes the internet feel like a much more pleasant place.

There are just so many, so I will name just two and hope the wonderful people I more often interact with won’t feel left out.

First is @tolkir for their amazing contributions and the focus on retro/arcade releases.

Then @Nabbit because they are just really… wholesome.

I don’t know too many people on here personally, but I would like to say thanks to everyone for making it such a fun, pleasant experience to be on the boards so far! I actually feel welcomed and generally like conversing on here, even if it’s not often! XD

Man, I like all here! But want to mention @Sadist since he's been a homie for years and one of the coolest cats around period!

Something nice about Famiboard members:

I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea. I will always be with you. Plant your roots in me. I won't see you all end as ashes. You're all diamonds.

Back
Top Bottom