• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Say something nice about another famiboards member!

totofogo

thinkin bt pkmn 4
Pronouns
he/him 🏳️‍🌈
I've always liked threads like these on other boards and didn't see anything similar around here yet

I'll start with one I've shared in General before

shout-out to @Nabbit for being a thorough thread reader + contributor. I appreciate getting yeah'ed a few days after my post and remembering that the things we say on here have life beyond the initial moment for lurkers and other members alike :)

Last edited:
Totofogo in Africa.

Okay, but in all seriousness thanks for coming up with this thread; I'm also trying to do some "much-needed topics" here as well.

I can always count on @Suswave to broaden my vocabulary through beautiful linguistic chaos.
Also a fantastic avatar.

@WhyS is one of the enlightened few who knows that there's no such thing as a month named february.
@Anjoface “yeahs” a lot of my posts feels nice to see someone enjoy my goofy posts

@Mr_No_U posts make me laugh quite often, I should be yeah’ing more. But I forget.
Thanks! I really like giving out yeah!s so I try to give as much as possible, specially when someone makes a good post.

Real shit, when my grandma passed away last summer and we were still on the old site @Dragoncaine and @Legion of Primes messaged me out of the blue just to chat.

I appreciate that more than I can ever put into words, my dudes 💜 Also someday we said we would actually hop on Discord all of us to play some Halo Infinite multiplayer; we gotta get on that some day 😂

I love everyone on the site, but I love all the regulars in the general discussion thread a teeny tiny bit more.

I love when @curl-6 posts positive news stories.

I'm usually lurking when I see them so I don't always +Yeah them, and then forget to go back and do so later, but on more than one occasion they have gotten me out of a funk.

So thanks for that!

Also thank you totofogo for the thread, it's a very lovely idea.

This is overall such a lovely community and while I am relatively new to it and haven't had a chance to get to know a lot of you properly yet, I have really enjoyed my time so far so thank you all for making it so welcoming.

Shoutout to @chocolate_supra for being such a friendly and standup guy.

@Radium is pretty cool. He doesn't post often, but the ones he does are bangers. Got that 2.2x Yeah! to post ratio.

Real shit, when my grandma passed away last summer and we were still on the old site @Dragoncaine and @Legion of Primes messaged me out of the blue just to chat.

I appreciate that more than I can ever put into words, my dudes 💜 Also someday we said we would actually hop on Discord all of us to play some Halo Infinite multiplayer; we gotta get on that some day 😂
Yeah buddy, family tragedies are always tough and it's always helpful to be surrounded by friends, loved ones, and plenty of distractions in my experience, so I'm happy to offer any consolation I can :)

And yes, I'm so down once 343 actually implements the roadmap + more content! If anything multiplayer-heavy comes out on Switch in the meantime, I'm down for that too.

@NateDrake lended a HUGE assist in getting this community through the doldrums of 2020 at the height of the pandemic, after I lost my job for about 6 months, with so much spare time that I felt like I was going to go off the deep end. Animal Crossing, listening to vinyl records, browsing the old place nonstop, and especially binging Nate and MVG's podcast distracted me just enough and gave me so much hope and consolation for the future of gaming, as well as metaphorically extending to the state of the world at the time (and still ongoing in some ways). That year was the start of my passion for Nintendo and gaming speculation in general, and in a particularly rough patch, it did wonders for my mental health and continues to entertain, inform, and engage.

Oh, and the Manscaped ad reads.

Yeah buddy, family tragedies are always tough and it's always helpful to be surrounded by friends, loved ones, and plenty of distractions in my experience, so I'm happy to offer any consolation I can :)

And yes, I'm so down once 343 actually implements the roadmap + more content! If anything multiplayer-heavy comes out on Switch in the meantime, I'm down for that too.

@NateDrake lended a HUGE assist in getting this community through the doldrums of 2020 at the height of the pandemic, after I lost my job for about 6 months, with so much spare time that I felt like I was going to go off the deep end. Animal Crossing, listening to vinyl records, browsing the old place nonstop, and especially binging Nate and MVG's podcast distracted me just enough and gave me so much hope and consolation for the future of gaming, as well as metaphorically extending to the state of the world at the time (and still ongoing in some ways). That year was the start of my passion for Nintendo and gaming speculation in general, and in a particularly rough patch, it did wonders for my mental health and continues to entertain, inform, and engage.

Oh, and the Manscaped ad reads.
Thanks.

Never knew our little show and discussions would bring such joy or meaningful assistance to someone.

Thanks.

Never knew our little show and discussions would bring such joy or meaningful assistance to someone.
Every once in a while I'll randomly reflect on two small things related to the podcast:

1) The Dill Spowser dedicated episode where you and MVG progressively became more and more giggly with each Dill donation. Especially "For Dill"
2) Me getting way too hammered one night when we decided to make donations under Lucy the barking Metroid dog's name, but I was too drunk and submitted a "bark" message under my Dragoncaine username. Not my proudest moment, and yet 100% my proudest moment.

Every once in a while I'll randomly reflect on two small things related to the podcast:

1) The Dill Spowser dedicated episode where you and MVG progressively became more and more giggly with each Dill donation. Especially "For Dill"
2) Me getting way too hammered one night when we decided to make donations under Lucy the barking Metroid dog's name, but I was too drunk and submitted a "bark" message under my Dragoncaine username. Not my proudest moment, and yet 100% my proudest moment.
Lucy's barking will make a showing in future episodes as the weather turns warmer and she's outside more often.

That Lucy episode was a highlight for me, as well. Every time Nate deadpans "And we have a ten dollar donation from Lucy who says... 'bark'" my soul ascended a little higher. 🤣 And MVG's complete befuddlement, omg.

Lucy's barking will make a showing in future episodes as the weather turns warmer and she's outside more often.
AYmbDEM.gif

I like @Irene's threads and I think she's cool😎

Aw, you're cool too!

@bellydrum - You're an amazing website dad, and I always feel safe coming here knowing that you and the rest of the administrators and the moderators put so much work into making sure this place runs as best it can.

@Legion of Primes always has interesting stuff to tell me about his blossoming game/celebrity autograph collection, the yardwork renovations he's doing around the house, and always makes sure to check in with me in the DMs. There will be weeks at a time where I barely check Fami because I'm so busy/stressed from work, so it's comforting to know I'm able to come back and resume the convo like nothing happened :)

Also like to thank everyone who always talks with me in regards to my headaches, most days I am suffering laying in my bed, but being on here helps me get through them even though I probably shouldn’t be on during some of the worse ones

It definitely helps

@Legion of Primes is doing valuable research on the possible curative effect that reading shitposts might have on chronic headaches and the medical world thanks him for that.

@Skittzo and @Raccoon are real ones.
Hey, I'm glad to see you! I had been putting off posting in this thread because of how daunting it is, but I should say my part before the thread dies.

I am continually impressed by the ongoing growth of this community, and I've come to enjoy the virtual company of newcomers just as much as people I've been reading and writing to for years. The lurker is the most valuable source of growth for us, and @chocolate_supra is a fantastic example of that. Others like @maebe have integrated so quickly that, in conjunction with my poor memory, I find it difficult to keep track of how long people have been posting. A great example of that is @totofogo himself: I regrettably don't even remember if you were on Era, but you're essential now. edit: also @Suswave holy shit lmao

Of course, I greatly value the people I've spoken to more personally over the years. @Skittzo immediately comes to mind, as do @MondoMega and Gay Bowser. The community has meant more to me than I ever expected.

Lastly, I'll echo both admiration and congratulations to @bellydrum, who has put a lot of work into coordinating the creation of this website. I fondly remember the Discord DM asking me if I thought people would be interested in a new Nintendo forum. It's incredible how far the idea has come. I felt that the Direct Speculation community would welcome a space to themselves, but I honestly never thought the site would be as much of a success as it has become.

I think that covers everything. Sorry for the pings, of course.

A great example of that is @totofogo himself: I regrettably don't even remember if you were on Era, but you're essential now.
I was on Era, first as a lurker and then as a pretty passive poster (sharing / reacting to news but not engaging in deeper commentary out of fear lol…. mostly in scattered OTs rather than Nintendo General. Life + work things have led to me finding my voice a lot more in the last year, no doubt a small (but significant) bit inspired by you fine folks here rising up and making a community all our own when things went awry. It was a pleasure to be along for the ride and has empowered me to try to be more of a presence here, so I greatly appreciate it <3

On that note, @Raccoon I appreciate your willingness to wear your heart on your sleeve when it comes to discussing why you post here, when you may need to take a break, so on. You truly made me reflect on what it means for me to contribute here, how gaming has sort of become this “internet hobby” for me that few of my real-world friends reflect, and how Era had started for me as an outlet to remedy that but had gone stagnant. I’m still in the midst of that reflection, but I wanted to color what I’ve previously said about there being no need for apologies about how we do/don’t contribute at a given time here in my book.

Hey, I'm glad to see you! I had been putting off posting in this thread because of how daunting it is, but I should say my part before the thread dies.

I am continually impressed by the ongoing growth of this community, and I've come to enjoy the virtual company of newcomers just as much as people I've been reading and writing to for years. The lurker is the most valuable source of growth for us, and @chocolate_supra is a fantastic example of that. Others like @maebe have integrated so quickly that, in conjunction with my poor memory, I find it difficult to keep track of how long people have been posting. A great example of that is @totofogo himself: I regrettably don't even remember if you were on Era, but you're essential now. edit: also @Suswave holy shit lmao

Of course, I greatly value the people I've spoken to more personally over the years. @Skittzo immediately comes to mind, as do @MondoMega and Gay Bowser. The community has meant more to me than I ever expected.

Lastly, I'll echo both admiration and congratulations to @bellydrum, who has put a lot of work into coordinating the creation of this website. I fondly remember the Discord DM asking me if I thought people would be interested in a new Nintendo forum. It's incredible how far the idea has come. I felt that the Direct Speculation community would welcome a space to themselves, but I honestly never thought the site would be as much of a success as it has become.

I think that covers everything. Sorry for the pings, of course.
adds Good At Integration to CV

love u rac

@EvilChameleon for the current and future ST's. Also a great sports fan to talk with!

@mazi for doing eshop threads here and on Install Base as well as providing great commentary!

@Dragoncaine for being a bigger movie lover than myself!

@bellydrum for helping lead the charge to get this place up and running. Shout out to the rest of the staff as well!

@Emily and @NateDrake for the insights and tidbits!

@WARIO because he keeps me from being the smelliest guy on this forum!

I'd like to say that interactions with @Brofield have made me happy, what a nice person to talk to
But same goes for @chocolate_supra, @Clov, @Raccoon, @mazi, and plenty others lol. I just really like you all
I'm genuinely happy that the upset at the previous forum wasn't enough to stop our regular discussions, and they're the reason why I felt the drive to get this site started in the first place

Actuslly do have a specific shoutout. @Dopply for organizing the community events at the end of last year that had the badges. Had a ton of fun with those. Not sure if they designed the badges, so a subsequent shoutout if someone else did that.

Actuslly do have a specific shoutout. @Dopply for organizing the community events at the end of last year that had the badges. Had a ton of fun with those. Not sure if they designed the badges, so a subsequent shoutout if someone else did that.

I believe Dopply did do some of the sets of the event badges and really did a fantastic job with the events (which we will do more of when possible!).

We also had a wonderful set by @paranoodle for the Halloween event iirc, who I will shout out for that and also consistently stanning for Fantasy Life when an opening presents itself, and elevating my forum experience as a result!

I could have mentioned a lot of names but @Raccoon is the real one, not just here but also back in the old place. Whenever he posts something it sure will make smile on your face.

I was going to make a post saying something nice about myself but @Radium did it first.

Yes, that's my compliment.

I'd like to say that interactions with @Brofield have made me happy, what a nice person to talk to
But same goes for @chocolate_supra, @Clov, @Raccoon, @mazi, and plenty others lol. I just really like you all
I'm genuinely happy that the upset at the previous forum wasn't enough to stop our regular discussions, and they're the reason why I felt the drive to get this site started in the first place
🥺 Why you gotta make me all misty eyed like that. I wanted to say in return your threads in fostering a community here make me feel excited to participate elsewhere on the forum when I used to grow more and more insular on Era when it was just the Nintendo thread I visited and refused to leave. Once my band is recording this summer, I want to share our stuff in the music thread!
~~~
(I have so many more nice things I want to say but it's gonna be an essay and a half hoping I can cover as many people as I can lol)

Back
Top Bottom