• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic RPGs |ST| Our Home Base For All Role Playing Game Discussions!

That’s a wrap! Proof that Elden Ring is in fact a JRPG, since it’s all about the power of friendship (jolly cooperation!) and you do this:

bDjKe0L_d.webp

I'm hosting Nintendo General Discussion this month and all of the Weekly Discussion Questions are going to be RPG themed for those interested! The first week's questions is "who are your favorite RPG characters and why?" There will be a new question every Wednesday!

I also posted my Trails Through Daybreak ST tonight in case anyone gets an early copy! Mine hasn't shipped yet and the 4th of July holiday is on Thursday so I'm a bit nervous my copy is going to arrive late, but 🤞

I am doing a Tales of Berseria playthrough and so many mixed feelings. The mechanics are feeling great. Velvet +Laphicet is an undefeatable combo for moments but the rest...not enthused so far.
Are you talking for combat, or for story? Velvet and Laphicet are definitely the standouts for character and story moments but some others will surprise you as the game goes on. That said Berseria more than most Tales games is very definitely Velvet's story at its core so some of the other cast members don't get a ton to work with.

So I'm just coming back from not having Internet for a week straight (busted modem... Canada Day weekend made getting a new one slower), so I'm late to the Ys Oath news, but:

QBgIEEp.jpeg

MASSIVE RECCOMENDATION!!! I consider this one of the BEST Falcom games ever made. Absolutely buy it! Real compact game too, 8-12 hours to do everything the first go, but it's just such a fantastic game that you will 100% do it again (this version is great, Turbo mode helps cut playthroughs down to literally 1-2 hours)

So I'm just coming back from not having Internet for a week straight (busted modem... Canada Day weekend made getting a new one slower), so I'm late to the Ys Oath news, but:

QBgIEEp.jpeg

MASSIVE RECCOMENDATION!!! I consider this one of the BEST Falcom games ever made. Absolutely buy it! Real compact game too, 8-12 hours to do everything the first go, but it's just such a fantastic game that you will 100% do it again (this version is great, Turbo mode helps cut playthroughs down to literally 1-2 hours)
I keep seeing this game praised, and I saw that John from Digital Foundry spoke highly of the Switch version. I'm someone who hasn't yet played an Ys game (though VIII is in my backlog).
  1. Would this be a good game to jump in with?
  2. What would you say makes this game so good?

I keep seeing this game praised, and I saw that John from Digital Foundry spoke highly of the Switch version. I'm someone who hasn't yet played an Ys game (though VIII is in my backlog).
  1. Would this be a good game to jump in with?
  2. What would you say makes this game so good?
Felghana is a great entry point into Ys (as well as Origin and VIII which are already on Switch). Most Ys games in general are accessible because Adol (the main Ys protagonist) begins and finishes a new adventure in each game and at most there are brief cameos and throwaway references to past adventures.

Felghana is a good entry to start with due to its brisk length, it’s a good representation of Solo Action Ys (where it’s just one character adventuring), the story and action are both solid, and the music rocks. You’ll get what’s appealing about these games very quickly here and have a great idea if you want to play more of them or not down the road.

Back
Top Bottom