• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Resident Evil |ST| sWItchY... tAstY (Update: Village, 2 & 3 coming to Switch (Cloud)

Yeah the test demo worked pretty well for me too. Alot better than the previous cloud demo I tried (Guardians of the Galaxy).

I may need to grab a couple of these if they ever get deep discounts.

I tried the cloud demo of Village for shits and giggles, gotta say, I was kind of surprised it worked as well as it did.

Prefer native Ofcourse, but it wasn’t a bad experience at all
Yes it was very smooth for me.

And I live in country Australia.

I was so excited when Village appeared, but then.... Cloud Version. I guess I should have seen it coming.

I’m so weak, fam. I bought 2 Remake and 3 Remake for PS5 cause they were on a good sale, even though I’m a huge baby who has tried to play RE4 three times and barely made it past the village each time.

What am I getting myself into? How scary are these games? Keep in mind, I’m a wimp.

I’m so weak, fam. I bought 2 Remake and 3 Remake for PS5 cause they were on a good sale, even though I’m a huge baby who has tried to play RE4 three times and barely made it past the village each time.

What am I getting myself into? How scary are these games? Keep in mind, I’m a wimp.
Lol! I was going to buy RE 2 and then saw the image fidelity and thought, nope. They go on sale enough it seems though so can always convince myself to get it (or might still before midnight)

They aren't scary. Tense? Yes. Scary? No.

They're not too scary
They aren't scary. Tense? Yes. Scary? No.
Idk, RE3 is scary in how mediocre it is

Ouch. I got it on sale for either $15 or $20 and had fun with it. The core gameplay is fun (despite missing sections vs the original). Really should have been DLC expansion to RE2 Remake for $20 or $30.
Yeah, I definitely agree on that front

Both RE2R and RE3R are on sale for $12 each on PSN, and that seemed like a killer deal. I remember hearing that RE2R was goty material a few years ago I think?

Both RE2R and RE3R are on sale for $12 each on PSN, and that seemed like a killer deal. I remember hearing that RE2R was goty material a few years ago I think?
Absolutely on RE 2. Its a rather faithful remake and the game still highlights what’s so good about the police station; a well designed puzzle on unlocking it piece by piece.

Oh yeah, X gonna give it to ya!

Fcs9BZzaMAACLKC

Don't have a PS5 right now so I'm gonna get the PS4 versions of RE4 and SF6...

Idk how this works but will I be able to update to PS5 version when I do decide to get the console????

I’m so disappointed it’s cross gen now. We’re so far into this gen and games are still having to target 2013 hardware.
The Yakuza game releasing 2024 has a ps4 version. I imagine for most Japanese devs as long as the ps4 versions continue to outsell the ps5 versions and ps5 hardware sales are battling it out ltd with wiiu, they're not cutting their nose to spite their face.

Until the hardware situation changes cross gen from third parties will continue. I guess they dont want do cloud on old gen since they might lose on couple of sales.

I’m so disappointed it’s cross gen now. We’re so far into this gen and games are still having to target 2013 hardware.
It makes sense that since "Next gen" consoles are a complete flop in Japan. I had a feeling the announcement was delayed per Sony's request lol

but... if they're willing to admit that and make it cross-gen, make native Switch ports too damn it! We know RE Engine can scale!

I'm pretty sure this was planned from the start, I think people found ID's showing a PS4 version existed ages ago but it never got that much traction. Good for people who can't afford or find a PS5 yet.

I don't get why some people are so peeved at cross gen. The argument "games will not make use of the potential of the hardware" is such thin excuse; new hardware never gets pushed at the start of the generation. Honestly I think it's a good business decision, even with the new consoles out there. Due to all the things which happened for the past few years, I have zero problems with them.

I mean, I played Village on PS4 and while the loading times are somewhat heavy, the game ran perfectly well on the system. I'll be starting Miles Morales on PS4 next week, so I'm really curious how that will go.

I sure hope Switch gets a big cross gen period with whatever is next like PS4 is getting.

And also I can't stop thinking what the Resident Evil Switch game turned out. The Cloud games have left a bitter taste in my mouth, hope we get some announcement of an exclusive RE after 4R is out.

I am actually excited for resident evil 8 cloud version, it will be the only way for me to play the game! It’s better than not playing it and I won’t be missing out. Of course I would prefer a native port but this will still give me the experience.

Sorry for double post but what’s re the chances resident evil 4 remake gets announced as a cloud version (now that all the missing entries are announced as cloud)?

Lol. Now the double pack is under $20. Maybe I’ll pick that one up.

I don't get why some people are so peeved at cross gen. The argument "games will not make use of the potential of the hardware" is such thin excuse; new hardware never gets pushed at the start of the generation. Honestly I think it's a good business decision, even with the new consoles out there. Due to all the things which happened for the past few years, I have zero problems with them.
Right there with you, and I've always wanted more games on more systems. Also, the idea that of all games people are kevetching about RE4 is beyond laughable, just, I get it, it's a great game- but people are screaming about an idea of a new game they've seen less than a minute of. 😂 It's like they've already forgotten to moan about the RE3make.

ALRIGHT

So I started RE2. I chose Assisted Mode because I am, of course, a baby. Did the gas station. Made it to the police station. Got rescued by the lieutenant. Started the medallion puzzle. Annnnnnnnnd…. I don’t wanna play this game.

I don’t know what it’s gonna take for me to learn this about myself, but I just don’t like scary games. And the silly thing is, so far this game hasn’t even been scary! It’s just.. unpleasant. When I play a game, I want to have fun and relax. Video games make me happy. But not games like Resident Evil. The series is hugely popular and rightly so, it seems very high quality. But scary games just aren’t for me.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk. I’m gonna keep on being a big baby and play happy kiddie games for the rest of my life.

Bumping this thread to say that I’m giving RE2R another try, because darn it, I wanna prove to myself that I can handle scary games, and also because the RE4R trailer today looked so friggin sweet. I started a new save tonight, played for an hour or so, and made it further than I did the first time! I think I’ve figured out the secret weapon I need to be tough enough to handle this game: a walkthrough.

I HAVE NO SHAME. I’m playing on easy mode and stopping every few minutes to check the walkthrough so I know exactly where to go, what to do, and when zombies are gonna pop out of a closet or whatever. And I don’t even care. I’m hoping that if I can get through Leon’s story with a walkthrough, maybe I can handle Claire’s story without one because I’ll know how the game works by then. I’m considering this guided playthrough to be like, a vaccine for me almost. Does that make sense? It makes sense to me. Anyway it seems to be working because I’m making progress in the police station now, whereas the first time I was too scared to get any further than getting the first combat knife.

tldr: I’m still a baby. But I’m making progress.

No shame in using a walkthrough. Good luck! I must admit the RE4 gameplay preview has me tempted to do a replay of RE2R.

Bumping this thread to say that I’m giving RE2R another try, because darn it, I wanna prove to myself that I can handle scary games, and also because the RE4R trailer today looked so friggin sweet. I started a new save tonight, played for an hour or so, and made it further than I did the first time! I think I’ve figured out the secret weapon I need to be tough enough to handle this game: a walkthrough.

I HAVE NO SHAME. I’m playing on easy mode and stopping every few minutes to check the walkthrough so I know exactly where to go, what to do, and when zombies are gonna pop out of a closet or whatever. And I don’t even care. I’m hoping that if I can get through Leon’s story with a walkthrough, maybe I can handle Claire’s story without one because I’ll know how the game works by then. I’m considering this guided playthrough to be like, a vaccine for me almost. Does that make sense? It makes sense to me. Anyway it seems to be working because I’m making progress in the police station now, whereas the first time I was too scared to get any further than getting the first combat knife.

play how you wanna play! Glad you're enjoying the series.

No shame in using a walkthrough. Good luck! I must admit the RE4 gameplay preview has me tempted to do a replay of RE2R.
Im thinking of actually marathoning the numbered games haha. Maybe doing one game per month (starting this October).

I think the re4 remake looks awesome. I hate to admit it, but i dont like the original re4. Im no stranger to tank controls, as i beat resident evil remake, but the controls in 4 never felt good to me, even when i played it back on the gamecube in 05. Its a weird middle ground between standard third person controls and tank controls. I know it clicked for others, it just didnt for me. I still have my gamecube copy around here. That being said, i finally played and beat re4…on oculus quest 2 of all things. And it finally made me appreciate the game. However, the free movement and motion controls kind of break it and make it laughably easy, but still, i was finally able to enjoy re4. If this remake keeps the same crisp controls from 2 and 3 remake, then i think ill love it as much as I love those 2 games.

You can buy an upgrade on the PS store for a couple of pound/dollars that unlocks the unlimited ammo guns early so you can use them straight away. I used that as on my first ever play of RE2R I ran out of ammo after the first boss and was basically screwed. Playing without having to worry about ammo relives a lot of the tense pressure you can get from these games, might be worth you using them as well maybe?

You can buy an upgrade on the PS store for a couple of pound/dollars that unlocks the unlimited ammo guns early so you can use them straight away. I used that as on my first ever play of RE2R I ran out of ammo after the first boss and was basically screwed. Playing without having to worry about ammo relives a lot of the tense pressure you can get from these games, might be worth you using them as well maybe?
Oh I’m in. Yep.

Sucks that something like that is DLC these days, when they used to be cheat codes. But anything to make it easier for me to get through, I’m all about it.

Oh I’m in. Yep.

Sucks that something like that is DLC these days, when they used to be cheat codes. But anything to make it easier for me to get through, I’m all about it.

Yeah, you can unlock them by completing the game but not with cheat codes. The pack on the store basically unlocks all the locked content so you can use it from the off, bit cheeky charging for the option but I didn’t mind so much at the time as it made the game more enjoyable for me haha

RE 4/5 fan who lapsed on the series aside from revelations since I didn’t have a console to play them on (PS4 was packed away, Switch main)

Now I have an Xbox, how should I dive back in order wise with 2,3,7 and 8?

I think I’ll finish off RE4VR for Halloween first but since they’re on sale I could add one to the backlog

I think I’m going t wait for the download content update that adds third person to village. First person resident evil is okay but third person is where it’s at.

I tried the demo of RE8’s new third person mode and I like that a lot more than first person, will probably buy the DLC at some point and make my first play through of village 3rd person.

RE 4/5 fan who lapsed on the series aside from revelations since I didn’t have a console to play them on (PS4 was packed away, Switch main)

I think I’ll finish off RE4VR for Halloween first but since they’re on sale I could add one to the backlog
Year of release order

You will appreciate VII for what it does and bringing the franchise some freshness.

RE 2 for modernizing a classic and thinking how good the Police Station is in 1998 and in 2022.

RE 3 is a very nice snack. Might be more of a… reimagining, but due to its short length very replayable.

RE Village is pretty good too. Not the best RE, but like a RE VII you can appreciate it for doing something different too.

I bought resident evil 2, 3 and 7 for my steam deck. I started 3 last night and got to the sewers but my hand didn’t want to cooperate so I quit for now.

I have played 2 on Xbox one but not 7. 2 I want to replay with this cool first person mod I’ve heard about.

I’d do 7 -> 2 -> village -> 3

just to mix up formula and lessen repetition. Playing RE3 immediately after RE2 might feel like more of the same.

First boss down! That thing was kinda creepy with its gigantic eye, but it honestly wasn’t too bad. Managed to not get hit so that was cool.

@ITSMILNER I did the cheeky thing and bought that DLC for the unlockables. NO SHAME. But I couldn’t use it for the fight because the infinite knife and the infinite guns weren’t in my item box. I reloaded the save and they still weren’t there. Is there a checkbox in the menu I have to turn on or something?

i cannot play FPS and i will have headache or puking feeling
i still bought REVII despite it being FPS becos i love the series since RE1 on PS1
it took me ages to complete REVII main story and some time to complete Not a Hero and End of zoe dlc

its was May 2021 and village was released and decided to wait for the gold edition just in case of dlc
Lastly , was happy that 3rd person mode was added and a new rosemary's story

Oct 28th is Bayonetta 3 Village day for me

First boss down! That thing was kinda creepy with its gigantic eye, but it honestly wasn’t too bad. Managed to not get hit so that was cool.

@ITSMILNER I did the cheeky thing and bought that DLC for the unlockables. NO SHAME. But I couldn’t use it for the fight because the infinite knife and the infinite guns weren’t in my item box. I reloaded the save and they still weren’t there. Is there a checkbox in the menu I have to turn on or something?

Hmmm from what I remember I never had to tick an option or anything. I just had to make my way to the first item box and all the gear was in there. It might be you need to start a new save to get them to pop? In the main menu can you see the options to select the extra modes like tofu and stuff?

I'm having a blast playing Resident Evil 2 remake. I bought the Raccoon City Edition so I'll go with Resident Evil 3 remake next.
I'd like to know if Resident Evil Revelation 1&2 are worth playing on the Switch ? I guess they're more streamlined, more 'mission-based' than RE2R ?

Back
Top Bottom