• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Event R(h)ate the Direct (June 2023 Edition) - Poll closed: this Direct was a 3,628297362110312 stars Direct according to this beautiful place

Rate the Direct

• 1 stars

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • 2 stars

Votes: 39 9.4%
  • 3 stars

Votes: 119 28.5%
  • 4 stars

Votes: 177 42.4%
  • 5 stars

Votes: 72 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not expecting September to rate much better to be honest. Given Nintendo's release scheduling, pretty much everything here other than Pikmin is gonna get a repeat showing in that Direct. (Wonder, SMRPG, WarioWare, Mario Kart DLC, etc.)

My current guess is that Splatoon 3 Side Order and Prime 4 will be the highlights, as I can totally see them as the next opener and closer pair.

Poll closed: this Direct was a 3,628297362110312 stars Direct according to this beautiful place, therefore reaching the third place in the All the Directs Ranked Since Famiboards is a Thing.

Here's the current ranking:
  1. Feb 2022 Direct - 4.26 stars
  2. Feb 2023 Direct - 4.00 stars
  3. June 2023 Direct - 3,63 stars <<<------
  4. June 2022 Direct - 3.60 stars
  5. Sep 2022 Direct - 3.44 stars
Yeah, my average is about there, too. It may have been a filler direct, but at least there was enough to keep me sated for a couple months. Though without more significant news I'm gonna be chomping at the bit as early as August to figure out what's planned next.

I'm not expecting September to rate much better to be honest. Given Nintendo's release scheduling, pretty much everything here other than Pikmin is gonna get a repeat showing in that Direct. (Wonder, SMRPG, WarioWare, Mario Kart DLC, etc.)

My current guess is that Splatoon 3 Side Order and Prime 4 will be the highlights, as I can totally see them as the next opener and closer pair.
yeah, if September is a general, it will be updates on the 2024 games they showed off in this direct, 1 or 2 new annoucements (likely more remasters/remakes)

And then 3rd party stuff.

It really feels like they are saving the big stuff for the next console now.

Yeah, my average is about there, too. It may have been a filler direct, but at least there was enough to keep me sated for a couple months. Though without more significant news I'm gonna be chomping at the bit as early as August to figure out what's planned next.
I think we'll only get updates on Nintendo games in September.

I like the idea that we can all enjoy being Nintendo fans and at the same time have critical thoughts about their outputs and mistakes
I don't even really think of myself as a Nintendo fan. Just a general fan of video games, and just so happens Nintendo makes a lot of good ones

I give it a 4.5/5

Super Mario Wonder
SMRPG
Luigis Mansion 2
Peach game
Dragon Quest Monsters
Batman trilogy
Metal Gear collection
Star Ocean R
Pikmin stuff

Plus i'm sure i'm forgetting something. Lots of good stuff coming in the future.

yeah, if September is a general, it will be updates on the 2024 games they showed off in this direct, 1 or 2 new annoucements (likely more remasters/remakes)

And then 3rd party stuff.

It really feels like they are saving the big stuff for the next console now.

I think that's the norm for the September direct. Third party games often gets the spotlight with updates on announced games and some minor things for H1. I think it was only in 2018 Nintendo had major announcements in september, otherwise it's mostly been remasters/remakes/Deluxe versions of games announced. And that seems likely for this years september to.

Back
Top Bottom