• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Pyoro was right about everything thing.

Called it

ig71dk.jpg
We should have listened

its a series of advertisments not an artistic work
That doesn't mean it can't be spoiled, or that some people don't get enjoyment over the surprises. I don't ever want to know what's in a direct before it happens, that kills a lot of the fun for me.

Of course I don't mind spoilers happening in advance and people talking about them as long as they're good about spoiler tagging and staying isolated, but it does make it REALLY awkward to try to spoiler-dodge for as early as this one leaked.

Big whoop. I'm so glad I outright ignore leakers. I'm sure they're pleased as punch somewhere with themselves with whatever leaker worship and praise they're getting. But why should anyone care? You find out a little sooner in lackluster text form with minimal details. Wow, let me clear my schedule and watch all this information again with no surprises.

I'm already annoyed that the FZero 99 thread basically called that game's existence which was so on the nose I wonder if there was a connection to these leaks. If that's the case then that's lame. Dampened my reaction to the trailer, though it being available today makes that a bit better.

Pretty clear that Pyoro has access to a retailer database as every leak was for a game that got a box art or released today.

Which is what people had speculated before.

Who tf doubted pyoro? Lol
people are gonna say me but I only thought he was trolling when the hints were f-zero (no 99 likes) and dk (no mario vs dk likes)

as far as I'm concerned I've been vindicated in that assessment

I have a leak in my sink and i blame Pyro

(I have no idea what you guys are talking about but I roll with it)

5616.jpg

Thanks, Pyoro! You potentially ruined your life to let us know about some videogame ads a couple days in advance.

You're really appreciated 🙏🙏

What was the use of plainly leaking game announcements that dev teams try to surprise us with again if you do not even care for Internet points? Well... Anyway I am glad the person didn't leak that Paper Mario remake.

Please don't tell me companies making money are evil again.

Just looked through some of his leaks, it's kinda funny how some of his stuff ended up being monkeys paw situations.
A dk tease ending up as Mario vs DK, lol. And to a lesser extent, fzero tease being fzero99 instead the heavily rumoured gx remaster.

Maybe. But ironically. Hard to tell in this direct cause everything was retail release except F-Zero 99 which didn’t have a retail and he got right lol.

The stuff he mentioned all went up for preorder right away after the Direct, whereas LM2 and TTYD did not.

This happened last time as well as LM2 and Princess Peach (the two games he didn't mentioned) weren't up to preorder after the Direct.

I wonder how he gets this information, I always worry it's someone who works at Nintendo who might risk it all just for some internet clout.

Advertisements for entertainment, which some people enjoy to be surprised by announcements when they are presented in trailer form. Nobody's life depends on this, but it's fair to get enjoyment from this part of your hobby

I don't remember all of his "leaks", but he was technically right about there being Smash news...in the least exciting way possible (Sora Amiibo).
Everyone was already speculating Smash. He said a new Kirby game in the style of rainbow curse would be there.

This reads like something I would post tbh. Also if it is just a series of ads, Metroid Prime 4 is just 1s and 0s on a handheld android tablet using an nvidia chip. Nothing more.

I realize people have fun with the surprise of directs but like, c'mon. These are advertisements. It's not the same as a "spoiler" in a traditional sense. We also had a spoiler-free thread.
Listen, I get the sentiment, but like

Some people legitimately enjoy getting excited when they see a surprise they like during the stream. It's a common enough thing that I don't think we should be acting like they're dumb for doing it. If watching a free livestream in a particular way makes them happier than a different way, I'm not judging.

For an example from a few years back, the Metroid Dread announcement trailer was carefully constructed to appeal to long-term Metroid fans aware of the series' struggles post-Fusion. There was a legitimate shock value to seeing the title 'Metroid Dread' appear on the screen, and Nintendo was clearly aware of this by the way they built up to the title reveal. You can argue that it all just boils down to capitalist bullshit in the end and that they're just trying to secure a transaction, but in this specific case the group being targeted was the group that was always going to buy the game anyway. I don't think there's anything wrong with those fans getting hyped at that trailer, and it definitely would've been dampened by a leak.

There's nothing wrong with looking forward to and getting excited by Nintendo Directs; if they make people happy, that's a good thing in my book.

I love enjoying surprises in Directs so also have no interest in reading announcement leaks.

Switch 2 details are a different matter :)

No, I mean in the June Direct.

He talked about it for this Direct... Because it went up for preorder after this Direct.

Meaning it's a retailer thing (though the retailer may be the eShop itself)
This would also explain why he was able to get the scoop on N64 NSO getting an update a day in advance, because the updated version downloadable from e-shop has to be uploaded in advance.

Assuming its someone who, either legitimately or some sort of Switch E-shop Browser trickery, has access to private switch e-shop stuff, then they should be able to get more NSO app scoops.

This would also explain why he was able to get the scoop on N64 NSO getting an update a day in advance, because the updated version downloadable from e-shop has to be uploaded in advance.

Assuming its someone who, either legitimately or some sort of Switch E-shop Browser trickery, has access to private switch e-shop stuff, then they should be able to get more NSO app scoops.

Yeah, Raccoon is probably right about it being eShop access.

Not sure how he's gotten access.

If he's a Nintendo employee, this seems like a very dangerous game as I don't know how many people have back-end eShop access, lol.

Pyoro didn't leak the Nintendo Direct. Pyoro is Nintendo Direct. Peoples love and hype for Nintendo Directs gave it sentience, gave it life. It took the persona of Pyoro so that it can interact and watch us anonymously.

I will say, reaction videos become a bit less fun to watch when instead of being genuinely surprised people just usually clap their hands together and say “There it issss! The leaks were real!” - I dunno, just feels off for my personal tastes.

The Paper Mario TTYD reaction is simply the best. People essentially spitting out their coffee and going “ApffffffhhhWHUT”

I will say, reaction videos become a bit less fun to watch when instead of being genuinely surprised people just usually clap their hands together and say “There it issss! The leaks were real!” - I dunno, just feels off for my personal tastes.

The Paper Mario TTYD reaction is simply the best. People essentially spitting out their coffee and going “ApffffffhhhWHUT”

Clearly, the solution is for people to record themselves 24/7 and to upload their reactions from whenever they see the leaks themselves.

Clearly, the solution is for people to record themselves 24/7 and to upload their reactions from whenever they see the leaks themselves.
LOL right? Haha

And I know people cannot help it - you can literally be not purposefully looking these things up and it’s just in your face when you scroll YouTube, Twitter, tagged in something or etc.

Reaction videos are no fun anyway, utterly fake, attention-seeking nonsense.

Back in June, there were leaks stating there would be a Paper Mario remake, so I wasn't too shocked. Now, all we need is the rumored Fzero GX...

Back
Top Bottom