• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Pyoro claimed his source is a "Nintendo of Japan employee" that might had access to Nintendo's backend - EDIT : Pyoro's account his now private

So many times the press says just "Nintendo" but it actually refers to either Nintendo Co. Ltd, or Nintendo of America, or Nintendo of Europe.
Literally no one outside of the core gaming space knows about the mention of "NCL" to mean the japanese company itself that I personally think saying "Nintendo of Japan" becomes seriously justified when you want to be clear cut.

What Nintendo employees do is irrelevant as to how Pyoro communicates in tweets. If I worked with someone from NCL, and was talking about it online, I would probably call it Nintendo of Japan, so that people could understand what I'm talking about.

I mean, I myself do call it Nintendo of Japan. It doesn't matter that that's not what it is officially. There isn't some moral imperative to respect a corporation's name, lol
Except Pyoro wasn't communicating in tweets; he was having an interview with Schreier and told him straight that his source was from Nintendo of Japan.

Anyway it's most likely just a bs attempt at trying to take heat off himself because his source would have told him they were from NCL and he would have communicated that to a professional journalist like Schreier.

Hmm, makes me think his source is an American or European who works in Japan for Nintendo, which should make it even easier for Nintendo to identify Pyoro's informant.

Pyoro put his twitter account in private New
So, Pyoro went private.
(from @cartdrigegames on BSKY).
bafkreihxgqirmnvq4m2evbrf4ea2q3qew6zhf62phrpskwp62o62vzuegi@jpeg

It was said before, but it's still very correct:

Life was certainly much simpler when leakers just took to Madman's Cafe or 4chan to drop off their leaks, and didn't really care about clout.

So many times the press says just "Nintendo" but it actually refers to either Nintendo Co. Ltd, or Nintendo of America, or Nintendo of Europe.
Literally no one outside of the core gaming space knows about the mention of "NCL" to mean the japanese company itself that I personally think saying "Nintendo of Japan" becomes seriously justified when you want to be clear cut.

I wonder how many people even within the core gaming space would recognize the term

this thread is the first time i've heard that NCL thing and I literally have 1500 posts on a Nintendo forum

The greatest mystery now is how Papa Genos got the Zelda news. He hinted at playable Zelda weeks in advance of the Direct and in his "predictions", he said it would be a 2D Zelda game in the style of the LA remake. So either he was directly told the details of the game by someone or someone showed him screenshots or pictures of the cover art.

The greatest mystery now is how Papa Genos got the Zelda news. He hinted at playable Zelda weeks in advance of the Direct and in his "predictions", he said it would be a 2D Zelda game in the style of the LA remake. So either he was directly told the details of the game by someone or someone showed him screenshots or pictures of the cover art.
There's also that AdaWong user who dropped the "Brothership" title before the Direct

well if he really had a source before he definitely doesn't have one anymore after spilling the bean in front of the world, I can't see any employee being happy after this misstep. Unless he's lying for clout but in that case we'll know if he starts leaking again which would mean he's the one who has nintendo's backend access.

He is the least obnoxious leaker. And everyone supported him including this place until apparently it's not cool to do so anymore.

Leaks won't stop all together even without him. Direct leaks and speculations will stay the same probably

He shouldn't have mentioned that he has a source at "Nintendo of Japan" now he's in the defamation territory and can get in real trouble for it. On top of the damages he is causing to Nintendo.

Even if I don't believe him having a source in Japan, him lying like this kinda reveals his true colors, he was just a clout chaser with computer skills.

Pyoro up there slipping their tongue like an Ace Attorney villain.

Shame we won't see their meltdown animations.

this man really doesn't know when to shut up huh. this and the bragging about knowing the price of nwc probably painted the world's biggest target on his head. nintendo locked in after that goof. and he kept talking as if they werent watching him.

The fact that all his leaks were just a list of games days before they were about to be revealed made it obvious that a backend of some sort could be his only source. Also a rly lame/pointless way to leak games imo; I'd rather just watch a direct and be surprised in the moment than see a list of games like that.

Pyoro got got.

Nintendo is definitely going to extra lengths to guard against leakers. It would not surprise me if we stayed largely in the dark about the Switch successor until we hear from Nintendo themselves.

Pyoro got got.

Nintendo is definitely going to extra lengths to guard against leakers. It would not surprise me if we stayed largely in the dark about the Switch successor until we hear from Nintendo themselves.
at least we might hear info from third party's

But keeping the Switch 2 as a surprise would be nice.

He's nothing more than a clout chasing nerd, who in his right mind would think that giving information to a real journalist wouldn't result in him getting outed? Sorry, I'm not trying to sound offensive, but either you are a kid to believe that or just and plain stupid.

1. See a journalist slide into your DMs
  2. Casually tell him your sources when asked
  3. Be shocked when he tells everyone
  4. Lock your account
  5. ???
Step 4 should've been "delete your account", honestly.

He's nothing more than a clout chasing nerd, who in his right mind would think that giving information to a real journalist wouldn't result in him getting outed? Sorry, I'm not trying to sound offensive, but either you are a kid to believe that or just and plain stupid.
All of these Twitter leakers are just that, fanboys who lucked into getting legit info ahead of time and are over the moon about being the talk of the town in the places they already frequented.

1. See a journalist slide into your DMs
  2. Casually tell him your sources when asked
  3. Be shocked when he tells everyone
  4. Lock your account
  5. ???
Step 4 should've been "delete your account", honestly.
I guess having someone """leak""" stuff isn't funny when it's about him, but it's ok when it's about others.
(Reminder that Jason Schreier asked him if it was ok to put that in his article).

@Dark Cloud Remember when I wished for Pyoro (and Midori) to stop leaking stuff before the Switch 2 arrives and you said that they will continue to leak even Switch 2 announcements? Lol, lmao even.

What a week or two. Drama involving leakers is so unbelievably cringe. Thank goodness the anti leakers won

he will tell you that if you say "Nintendo of Japan" to one of their employees, they would look at you funny because nobody there calls it that and neither should we
We're not corporate Nintendo employees. We've been calling them that for ages.

You really think the masses will know what NCL is? It doesn't sound obviously Japanese too and it's not the first thing that comes to mind. Sounds more like a US corporation. So it's only natural the public would put Nintendo and Japan together and simply say Nintendo Japan/of Japan.

It really doesn't matter and it's extremely lame semantics.

We're not corporate Nintendo employees. We've been calling them that for ages.

You really think the masses will know what NCL is? It doesn't sound obviously Japanese too and it's not the first thing that comes to mind. Sounds more like a US corporation. So it's only natural the public would put Nintendo and Japan together and simply say Nintendo Japan/of Japan.

It really doesn't matter and it's extremely lame semantics.

Except he is talking to a reputed industry journalist who obviously knows about NCL

@Dark Cloud Remember when I wished for Pyoro (and Midori) to stop leaking stuff before the Switch 2 arrives and you said that they will continue to leak even Switch 2 announcements? Lol, lmao even.

What a week or two. Drama involving leakers is so unbelievably cringe. Thank goodness the anti leakers won
NamelessGB WINS
Flawless Victory
WISHALITY

Honestly it seems more likely that Pyoro got nervous about being caught with people knowing he had backend access, and he's now just feeding some misdirection that it's an ""employee"" and quitting to take the heat off. Very hard to believe someone gave an interview to Schreier specifically and thought it wouldn't be reported. But maybe stupidity knows no bounds...

I didn't know the guy with the trilby and the piece of paper sticking out of it that said "press" was a member of the press, honest!

It was said before, but it's still very correct:

Life was certainly much simpler when leakers just took to Madman's Cafe or 4chan to drop off their leaks, and didn't really care about clout.
It ends the same way every time too. I don’t know why they think they’ll be different.

The leaker has been leaked

As someone who has leaked things to the media before, the first thing you need to do before giving them the info is to make sure they won't publicize you or your source to avoid jeopardizing them while releasing non-public information of any kind...🤦‍♂️

Who would have guessed that in the span of around 1 week the two most prominent leakers in recent times (Pyoro, Midori) would end up leaving the leaking scene.

No king rules forever, I guess.

I don't care about leakers that much, but honestly, the Direct being such a pleasant surprise was nice, so I'm not really gonna complain if they're being stymied.

The fact that all his leaks were just a list of games days before they were about to be revealed made it obvious that a backend of some sort could be his only source. Also a rly lame/pointless way to leak games imo; I'd rather just watch a direct and be surprised in the moment than see a list of games like that.

i've never had anything against Pyoro and didn't even find them annoying but yeah this is why if this is the end we'll all get used to them being gone pretty quickly and not particularly miss them

Pyoro's leaks made for an interesting talking point in Direct threads....but even when you don't care about getting spoiled finding out something is gonna be in a Direct a few days in advance is at best empty calories

Back
Top Bottom